• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Sonic The Hedgehog movie trailer

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
image0.jpg

(made by sooty)

Faexie

Rara for short :)
Sonic just looks like a guy wearing a Sonic durrsuit...

Was it that hard to do something like that:
718.png

Or even better, an animated movie?

So far it looks like it's going to be Hop/Chipmunks/Smurfs all over again.

Fallowfox

C

CrookedCroc

Here's some exclusive leaked footage for my frens in FAF.

Inpw

Roller Coaster Imagineer.
I get it. It looks pretty crappy but damn the sonic fans are loosing their shyte. XD

lenago

Top hatted fox
Well I hear that to movie directo posted on Twitter about this backlash and says they are going to fix it,I hope so

Whats with Hollywood and real life looking cartoon characters,making sonic look realistic is actually going against his design,sonic was model after classic cartoons like Mickey and Felix after all

Fallowfox

Well I hear that to movie directo posted on Twitter about this backlash and says they are going to fix it,I hope so

Whats with Hollywood and real life looking cartoon characters,making sonic look realistic is actually going against his design,sonic was model after classic cartoons like Mickey and Felix after all

It must be very expensive to make these movies, maybe it's a form of money laundering! ;D

C

CrookedCroc

They seem to have this mentality of "if we make it look realistic and get rid of the charm we might attract a bigger audience", I hate this thought process, they are doing this to Akira

lenago

Top hatted fox
They seem to have this mentality of "if we make it look realistic and get rid of the charm we might attract a bigger audience", I hate this thought process, they are doing this to Akira

Hum and yet Pokemon is actualy doing it better then sonic,at least in the pokemon movie,they still look how they should, you look at them and you know its the adorable pikachu,or a big intimidating Charizard

Fallowfox

ooooh, what about a 'nightmare before christmas' remake where all of the gore and severed heads looks real?

Guaranteed appeal to absolutely nobody! ;D

C

CrookedCroc

ooooh, what about a 'nightmare before christmas' remake where all of the gore and severed heads looks real?

Guaranteed appeal to absolutely nobody! ;D
That would make my blood boil, specially if they decided to give Jack eyes like they wanted in the original pitch

Jackpot Raccuki

Mind your manors
This movie seems like a joke.
Just the trailer's music feels off.
Out of all of the actors they could've chosen they chose Jim Carrey to play eggman? I'm not even going to take the movie seriously, yes Eggman is a somewhat of a joke but... Not that much of a joke.
Just the overall design of Sonic is horrible.
jTY2k3S.png

I thought the mentality was "Let's make everything live action because everyone loves that."
bpt5b7qv6qv21.jpg

Stratelier

I can't help but feel that it might be too little too late. I mean, the production team has done enough rendering for the editing team to compose a full trailer (and even include its release date) and only NOW do they start to think their design has a problem?

To be fair, the design isn't completely bad. That closeup of Sonic's eyes looks fine ... until you see a full frame of his entire head. Even then, it's still decent ... until you see the rest of his body in the same frame. THAT's the point where it becomes Uncanny with a capital Valley.

J

Jaekada

This film is already meme material, due to have a lot more meme-material once the movie actually comes out.

It's a modern day Super Mario Bros of the generation.

Who was the poor sap that had to CGI the movie version of Sonic though? And all of the 'corrections' give Sonic a Mickey Mouse like mouth while everything else is okay. This movie is gonna bomb hard because it's got a lot of things wrong for all the wrong reasons. I'm not even a Sonic fan.

KawaiiPeachcup

I can't help but feel that it might be too little too late. I mean, the production team has done enough rendering for the editing team to compose a full trailer (and even include its release date) and only NOW do they start to think their design has a problem?

To be fair, the design isn't completely bad. That closeup of Sonic's eyes looks fine ... until you see a full frame of his entire head. Even then, it's still decent ... until you see the rest of his body in the same frame. THAT's the point where it becomes Uncanny with a capital Valley.

They may push back the release date if they don't think it can be done in that amount of time.

This film is already meme material, due to have a lot more meme-material once the movie actually comes out.

It's a modern day Super Mario Bros of the generation.

Who was the poor sap that had to CGI the movie version of Sonic though? And all of the 'corrections' give Sonic a Mickey Mouse like mouth while everything else is okay. This movie is gonna bomb hard because it's got a lot of things wrong for all the wrong reasons. I'm not even a Sonic fan.

"it's got a lot of things wrong for all the wrong reasons." So like every sonic game to come after Sonic Adventure 2? (Minus generations cause that one was good)

Inpw

Roller Coaster Imagineer.

Agree.

This actually looks surprisingly cool:

vlcsnap-2019-04-30-09h36m23s951.0.0.png

Too bad it was after you saw him stretch XD