• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Southpaws?

Stratelier

Amid all the topics comparing you to one of your given characters, muses, or fursonae, here's an easy one:

To what extent is your character left- and/or right- handed? How does this compare to you in real life? Was it intentional, or did it "just happen" that way?

Those with nonanthro characters are welcome as well, just substitute the dominant paw/foot/wing/etc. then give it your thoughts.

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
RE: Southpaw?

Totally dominant Southpaw though I can play hockey with both and other similar stick sports like that.

ramsay_baggins

WINTERFELL!

My 'sona is right handed as am I. Suppose I've never really thought about it lol.
Actually... she might be left handed... I must check my sketchs... I think the word is ambidexterous =]

Poetigress

Panthera tigris libris

I'm left-handed, and my fursona is too, mainly because, since my fursona is a quad/feral/whatever-you-call-it-when-they're-not-bipedal tigress, there aren't that many distingushing characteristics to work with, that can make the character look/seem like "me." So it was intentional, especially since I'm a writer and want that aspect portrayed in my fursona.

Unfortunately, no matter how clear I make that in my character description, artists I commission continue to put the pen or whatever in her right paw, and it really irks me. After all, it's not like I have wings and horns and rainbow stripes and elaborate tattoos and two different-colored eyes and all that sort of stuff to remember. :?

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART

Well, my 'sona is a quasi-reflection of me, so it be right-handed. Except I play hockey left-handed. Weird.

Stratelier

As for me: A lefty myself (which is the majority in my family), exception being the mouse. I rarely draw any of my characters in a way that depicts the dominant hand, but it's frequently been the left (examples: 1, 2, 3, 4). In most cases it's not specifically intentional, but perhaps more a matter of convenience given how I sketched it out.

When I was younger I'd take my Transformers and arm the Autobots left-handed, Decepticons right. And sometimes I still do.

PogoRoo

Banned
Banned

I'm a lefty. It seems the idea that lefties are more artistic than righties is actually true, judging from the amount of lefties in this thread. :]

joshstory

DAS Kitteh

Eh, I am one of the 11% of the world's population who are, and proud to be, a southpaw. Strange though, like many others have said, I play sports with my right hand.
As for my 'sona, I do not know. I'l do some more drawings, and if I do one of him holding something, that should tell me.

Now, here's a question.
Why are we southpaws?
Why not North, East, or West?
Why aren't righties called northpaws?

gruz

i can has vodka?

i'm ambidextrous irl but gruz is right handed, no idea why to be honest i've never thougth about it before.

TopazThunder

Noir Fetishist

Strange thing is, I draw and write with my right hand, but I'm wired for my left hand; i.e. apparently I think like a lefty and use my left side for everything else. So all of my main characters are left-handed. You can tell that because of their weapons; which hip they wear it on and which hand they draw back the bow-string.

Otokonoko_inu

right paw dominant left paw. so im a left that uses my right for almost everything. i just write left (cant righty) and everything else is ambidextrious but my right paw tends to over power the left one.

gunnerboy

my bear is southpawed and so am I

coffinberry

all of my characters are left handed because that's what's normal to me.

spree

being left handed myself.. I don't really even think about that much detail of a character. Down to a specific I usually, because its fiction. Make my characters 100% ambidextrous. Unless they have a reason not to be.

Roiyaru Inu

I am southpawed. There are only a few things I use my right hand for. And also my fur is southpawed for she is a reflection of me.