• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Spam Bots/Trolls? Anyone know whats going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nendakitty

all of the joy32 spam threads? im confused, is it a spam bot or are we being trolled? im confused... its so irrelevant and clogging up the threads :c

Shotalicious

Sheepish Shota with a Soft Spot for Sugary Sweets
Ive noticed too! I think we should try and report them, but theres quite a lot to report @^@;;

Nendakitty

Ive noticed too! I think we should try and report them, but theres quite a lot to report @^@;;

i reported some but i got annoyed trying to report them all im unsure if its a bot, it looks like one, but i thought the forum had bot protection ...unless its a really unusual spammer troll

Wither

Is honestly confused by life.
Report them. Block them. Move on.
This has been a thing all week long. You can block them to clear them out for you, mods will come eventually to clear them.

This forum has very little to protect from bots.

Shotalicious

Kinda weird, makes me feel really uneasy, like they might have something to do with the hackings. Im probably just paranoid though XD

Nendakitty

This has been a thing all week long. You can block them to clear them out for you, mods will come eventually to clear them.

This forum has very little to protect from bots.

oh fair enough, im not whining was just a smidge confused, i wasnt aware the forum was alive until FA went down so i joined recently and havent been keeping up to much, i mean ive been reporting them but like theres SO MANY its rather crazy how unprotected the forums are considering how the site is right now, yyoud hope the forums would be a small safety net.

so it is bots then and not some troll? thanks though

Nendakitty

You must be new here~ The mods already know about this, trust me. If you want any more input, there's many other topics on the matter; though I suggest doing more research before making a topic on the already addressed matter.
Block the joy32 account and move on.

oh fair enough, im not whining was just a smidge confused, i wasnt aware the forum was alive until FA went down so i joined recently and havent been keeping up to much, i mean ive been reporting them but like theres SO MANY its rather crazy how unprotected the forums are considering how the site is right now, yyoud hope the forums would be a small safety net.

so it is bots then and not some troll? thanks though

Thanks ^^

Nendakitty

FA is becoming a joke. I want normal threads not this whiny bullshit
im not whining? just asking a question which people thankfully helped with, i didnt know blocking people would hide threads, however i appreciate everyones input, im fairly new to the forums ^^ so im still working out shit

Nendakitty

No ones really whining in this thread, just people confused, but I can agree with what youre saying.

indeed i wasnt aware forums were alive until FA went down so im still getting used to using it, im glad i can block people and hide their threads, theres a lot of vile threads i had seen that were just oh lord. so im glad im able to hide them xD and eh people can get upset but i still appreciate their help even if they think im whining

Nendakitty

Please keep these threads about bots to a minimum, they get annoying.

please read my comments, im new on the forums, i wasnt aware, i thanked everyone for the help and ive blocked and moved on, but thanks for your help too :)

Shotalicious

Geez, everyones so on the edge lately. You guys really gotta try not to snap at people, especially when theyre just new here, I dont like to see people treated this way as its very impolite. She was just confused, and so was I. There was no reason to go off on her

Nendakitty

Geez, everyones so on the edge lately. You guys really gotta try not to snap at people, especially when theyre just new here, I dont like to see people treated this way as its very impolite. She was just confused, and so was I. There was no reason to go off on her

its fine i understand, i shouldve probably researched more before posting but i thought posting would get a quicker reply, was my bad

Wither

Is honestly confused by life.
thats all good, i apologise for the thread, i havent seen any threads about the bots so i didnt know, i feel bad for annoying people with this thread x.x
You're fine, mate. You didn't know.

Next time, try the search feature (magnifying glass under alerts) to find similar threads before posting.

Don't worry too much about it. You seem alright. Just lurk more, mate~

Nendakitty

You're fine, mate. You didn't know.

Next time, try the search feature (magnifying glass under alerts) to find similar threads before posting.

Don't worry too much about it. You seem alright. Just lurk more, mate~

ah thanks! thats super helpful :3

RinkuTheRuffian

Punished "Venom" Rinku
This is true, but we try to enforce our anti-spam policies as efficiently as possible because the mods won't do it for us. This isn't a good reason to snap at people, but weak minds will anyway.

Shotalicious

its fine i understand, i shouldve probably researched more before posting but i thought posting would get a quicker reply, was my bad
I wasnt getting upset with you, lol, I meant the people getting mad at you! XD They should really chill out is what I was trying to say

Shotalicious

i know ^^i just feel bad for annoying LOADS of people in seconds XD but everyones on edge so i understand them
Okay good~ Im a very sensitive person, honestly, so if i was in your place, id be so confused and upset XD

Status
Not open for further replies.