• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Spambot-Programmers... Death||Torture?

Wouldnt it be better to torture them rather then just to kill them

• Total voters

Storok

670 blp
We know about spambots one thread is filled with the opinion to kill them but wouldnt be torture a better idea?

This is just for fun i actually dont want anyone to get killed or tortured.

Somnium

The Sparklewolf
Banned
I don't condemn someone just for doing their work, even if it is not the nicest thing.

Zipline

Noodle Fish
I don't condemn someone just for doing their work, even if it is not the nicest thing.
What if i told you... They were all EVVVIILLL Robots.
killer-robot.jpg

Vince_Werewolf

Herbivoraceous Musician
At least they keep the forums interesting (not), one way or another?

D

Deleted member 82554

I have the perfect idea! Why doesn't someone write a program that deletes spambots? Problem solved.

Tissthalliss

Makes bad jokes
There is a pretty simple way to stop, or at least really slow down spambots. Just make it so that you have to be a member for a certain amount of time, like a week, before you can create a post.

nerdbat

Green butt of reason
There is a pretty simple way to stop, or at least really slow down spambots. Just make it so that you have to be a member for a certain amount of time, like a week, before you can create a post.
An awful idea for a forum, honestly - what if it's a guy from FA who created an account to discuss some site problems that he can't get an aswer to via tech support or tickets? A simple captcha for first 3-5 replies/posts would do, I see no reason to overcomplicate all this stuff. Or an even better idea - writing a basic script that would filter out bots on the go.

Tissthalliss

Makes bad jokes
An awful idea for a forum, honestly - what if it's a guy from FA who created an account to discuss some site problems that he can't get an aswer to via tech support or tickets? A simple captcha for first 3-5 replies/posts would do, I see no reason to overcomplicate all this stuff. Or an even better idea - writing a basic script that would filter out bots on the go.
Your idea is actually much better, my brain just doesn't think things through all the time.

zeroslash

WYSIWYG
Write code that checks if a user's previous threads were any similar to their most recently published one. It wouldn't be perfect but it also wouldn't interfere with other users.