• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What should we do?

• Ignore

• Ban

• Other, please specify below

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheOneRealPotato

Professional potato in disguise
Over the time I've been here, I've noticed the site has picked up quite a lot of spambots, specifically from the Korean Peninsula. This NEEDS to stop... Is there any way to IP ban them? It's getting out of hand.

SSJ3Mewtwo

IP banning doesn't really stop them, since there a virtually limitless number of IPs that can be generated for the spam sources to continue their activity from. The forum does catch most of them before they can even make posts, and staff can take further steps against them using the StopForumSpam system we have in the forum's controls. One of those functions is an automatic ban of the IP and associated IPs of a recent spam account.

The number has gone down in recent history, at the very least. If there are further developments in our prevention capability an update will be provided.

bhutrflai

Okami The Wolf is my crazy half!
Over the time I've been here, I've noticed the site has picked up quite a lot of spambots, specifically from the Korean Peninsula. This NEEDS to stop... Is there any way to IP ban them? It's getting out of hand.
The admin are dealing with them as fast as they can. It's best to just block them, and once you do, their spam posts will not show up to you anymore. They usually hit during rhe middle of the night, from what I've seen.