• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Spore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah can I get my pictures back then? because they were blatantly removed before I could back them up or remove them myself (or read the comments on them)

It's not like it's gonna kill the site because I have 4 pictures up, so removing it on sight without me knowing at that time is very rude.

And most likely you'll go on about how you CAN, but it's still rude.

Last edited:

AlexInsane

I does what I says on the box.
This thread has been dead for two months, and all you had to say was "Lame"?

...you're pretty lame yourself, you know that?

Snickers

Eatin Steak
Yeah can I get my pictures back then? because they were blatantly removed before I could back them up or remove them myself (or read the comments on them)

It's not like it's gonna kill the site because I have 4 pictures up, so removing it on sight without me knowing at that time is very rude.

Well its pretty rude you are uploading content that obviously doesn't go well with the sites rules, maybe you should take the damn time to read them before complaining then you wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.

Well its pretty rude you are uploading content that obviously doesn't go well with the sites rules, maybe you should take the damn time to read them before complaining then you wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.

This thread has been dead for two months, and all you had to say was "Lame"?

...you're pretty lame yourself, you know that?

Wasn't talking to you.

And this is directed to you: Why does it have to be that every time I post on a forum, there's a whole bunch of bitching and whining from people that have nothing to do with it. this was directed to the admins. so stop talking to me! /ignore! /FA block

Last edited:

Damaratus

Care to join me in my lab?

The rules are posted on the site, we don't intentionally target any one person with image removal.

This site is also merely a host for your images and does not excuse you or anyone else from having a personal back up. If you want to protect the things that you create, you should make sure to have a back up on your own computer or burn the files CD or DVD.

The rules are posted on the site, we don't intentionally target any one person with image removal.

This site is also merely a host for your images and does not excuse you or anyone else from having a personal back up. If you want to protect the things that you create, you should make sure to have a back up on your own computer or burn the files CD or DVD.

So do you have them or not? because it doesn't make you look good if you just deleted them.

it's like you're a photographer, and you give your pieces to a gallery, and over the first night they burn it "yeah sorry we didn't like it" with a big "fuck you" attached to it from the local drama community.

I don't care if you have to low-level scan your drives, just get them back.

Last edited:

Draken_The_Dragon

The bluest feather dragon.
I've never played the thing but have seen a commerical once for it and checked it out a bit. I understand what the Admins are doing by the fact the site would be flamed with images of this thing (which I don't get why its so "zomg must upload something creative from a game" phase goes about). It's odd but I've heard of this: maybe a image limit at least so people calm down some cause they could upload a few images at least. And what I've done in the past with pictures I've taken of nature is using MS Paint to put a few together into one to save uploading/space for the site in a way..

T

TakeWalker

So do you have them or not? because it doesn't make you look good if you just deleted them.

it's like you're a photographer, and you give your pieces to a gallery, and over the first night they burn it "yeah sorry we didn't like it" with a big "fuck you" attached to it from the local drama community.

No, it makes them look like they're enforcing the site rules. It makes you look like an idiot because:

1) You can't follow the rules.

2) You don't have a backup.

This isn't a case of not liking something. Images aren't removed from FA because "an admin doesn't like them", but because they don't follow the rules.

Furthermore, you are hardly in a position to make demands. By not following the rules, you have been punished as the rules state. The admins don't owe you anything. If those were your only copies, consider it a learning experience.

No, it makes them look like they're enforcing the site rules. It makes you look like an idiot because:

1) You can't follow the rules.

2) You don't have a backup.

This isn't a case of not liking something. Images aren't removed from FA because "an admin doesn't like them", but because they don't follow the rules.

Furthermore, you are hardly in a position to make demands. By not following the rules, you have been punished as the rules state. The admins don't owe you anything. If those were your only copies, consider it a learning experience.

jesus how hard is it to keep your business out of my business? I know this is a public forum, but I asked my files back, not from you. thank you.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
jesus how hard is it to keep your business out of my business? I know this is a public forum, but I asked my files back, not from you. thank you.

Let's see:

Submission Agreement:

You waive Fur Affinity and its staff from any and all liability resultant from uploaded submissions or information transferred to the Fur Affinity service. You also accept that any submission uploaded to the Fur Affinity Domains is done of your own volition, and that you accept full responsibility for any consequences which may arise. You agree that Fur Affinity is in no way responsible for monetary damages or losses incurred as a result of any submission or information uploaded to the site.

Terms of Service:

Our Rights
Fur Affinity Administration and Staff reserve the rights of the following:

* To remove any and/or all submissions found not in accordance with the Terms of Service, Submission Agreement and Acceptable Upload Policy. Fur Affinity will attempt to notify Users of any and all action taken upon submissions removed in this manner.

further down:

Users found to be in violation of the policies set forth by the Terms of Service will have action taken against their account which may involve removal of submissions, temporary suspension from the Service and/or outright termination of their Fur Affinity membership.

You can't get them back. It's gone. You should have thought of that before you submitted that upon removal would it fall into any of the outlined parts I posted.

Let's see:

Submission Agreement:

You waive Fur Affinity and its staff from any and all liability resultant from uploaded submissions or information transferred to the Fur Affinity service. You also accept that any submission uploaded to the Fur Affinity Domains is done of your own volition, and that you accept full responsibility for any consequences which may arise. You agree that Fur Affinity is in no way responsible for monetary damages or losses incurred as a result of any submission or information uploaded to the site.

Terms of Service:

Our Rights
Fur Affinity Administration and Staff reserve the rights of the following:

* To remove any and/or all submissions found not in accordance with the Terms of Service, Submission Agreement and Acceptable Upload Policy. Fur Affinity will attempt to notify Users of any and all action taken upon submissions removed in this manner.

further down:

Users found to be in violation of the policies set forth by the Terms of Service will have action taken against their account which may involve removal of submissions, temporary suspension from the Service and/or outright termination of their Fur Affinity membership.

You can't get them back. It's gone. You should have thought of that before you submitted that upon removal would it fall into any of the outlined parts I posted.

k thanks for nothing. FA staff just drops a notch on my appreciation list.

PS: you are not helping!

PSS: I'll shut up now, no reason to go on.

Last edited:

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Ahh I see, classic scapegoat attack.

Stratelier

Can we conclude this thread sometime . . . soon?

Purpledragon, you certainly learned one lesson the hard way: if YOU don't have a personal copy / back-up of your images, don't rely on anyone else to have a copy of it themselves.

That you personally dislike this aspect of the submission rules is irrelevant to the fact that if someone (anyone) submits material that breaks the rules, the admins are well within their rights (as stated in the policy) to delete it.

Read the AUP and you may note that whether or not an admin personally likes a submission is not a criteria for deletion. Ergo, you can't play the "because they didn't like it" card.

yak

Site Developer
Administrator

My apologies for the excess zealotry of the people who posted in reply to you here. A simple but well formed reply should have been suffice.

To answer your question - no, we can not get you your files back, they were immediately deleted upon submission removal.
There is a 'soft delete' feature slated to be introduced to FA but even if it was already there right now the deleted submissions, their comments and files would be kept around a week or two max, and automatically pruned afterward. You commented on this thread two months after your submissions were removed, so the result would have been the same either way.

Ashkihyena

Back off man, I'm a scientist
Yeah, the rules here are pretty stupid, aren't they? And yes, I wouldn't recommend deleting things you plan on uploading, cause if the staff doesn't delete them, the site will when it decides to go down next time.

Icarus

No time like the present.
If you don't allow Spore pictures or creations then why allow Second Life screen shots?
Aren't they really just one in the same?
You say you don't allow Spore creatures and creations because they follow set parts, but in all reality, Second life is the same thing except using primitive parts. The only real difference between the two is that in Second Life you can use a so-called "sculptie" primitive.
If what the first post says is correct then the Admins should also remove Second Life screen shots that do -NOT- include sculpted primitives, just because the regular primitives (cube, sphere, pyramid) are all set parts (but can be tweaked).

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
What the hell is with the red-herring arguments?

We're so done with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.