• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Sports?

Kosdu

So I'm probably going to join wrestling next year, my senior year of high school, it will be my first "sport" due to how I dislike 99% of things to do with sports, and jock types in general.

Wrestling is a thing I've done a couple times with friends that I am really good at it seems, and I should be able to throw in some aikidō to practice in there, so that's why I'm joining wrestling.

So what are you guys' thoughts on sports, any stories to share.... etc?

(from the nerdiest most anti-sport soon-to-be-wrestler ever)

P.S. I'm going to look into taking Judo as I should be able to pick it up easily from what I know, it will help with self defence on the ground and wrestlimg, and I may get to join some tournaments.

Last edited:

Kalmor

Banned
Banned
Can't view it on my phone now, but isn't rugby like the badass version of american football?

I had to play football and stuff in gym, flag football. Man, I just don't get it as easily as one on one martial sports.
It may not be available in the US, I don't know. But yeah, much faster paced and much less of start/stop game.

Magick

Posing school graduate
I did wrestling in middle school and swimming in high school, wasn't too big on either but I had some fun with friends while I was a part of them. I enjoy reading and learning about martial arts type stuff though, and airsoft (Not sure if competitive airsoft would be considered a sport but it's still fun to do with friends).

Kosdu

I did wrestling in middle school and swimming in high school, wasn't too big on either but I had some fun with friends while I was a part of them. I enjoy reading and learning about martial arts type stuff though, and airsoft (Not sure if competitive airsoft would be considered a sport but it's still fun to do with friends).

I have a couple friends who do airsoft, if paintball is a sport then so is airsoft, as it is like the more intelligent and less painfull version of paintball.

@Le musiscian (with incorrect spelling)

It's good that it's continous, the things that have bugged me the most about playing sports is the running around and how jerky it gets.

And the video is probably availible in the US, it's simply the YouTube app is broken for now.

Car Fox

Formally "Torsion Beam"
I am an autosports freak in the highest order. You can tell this by simply looking at my name. I especially like road course racing, and rallies.

I don't show it too much here, and haven't watched too recently, because of the lack of TV servise, but love to watch racing anytime I can.

Seekrit

When I was younger I played gaelic football and soccer. My school was all about rugby, but at that stage in my life I wasn't interested in sports. Something I really want to try someday is ice hockey.

Kosdu

I am an autosports freak in the highest order. You can tell this by simply looking at my name. I especially like road course racing, and rallies.

I don't show it too much here, and haven't watched too recently, because of the lack of TV servise, but love to watch racing anytime I can.

I'm not too much into it myself, I've been the local sprint races where my stepgrandpa has his driver and car (he's s bit too old to do it himself now), but do you like Nascar? I never got the appeal of it besides the accidents as they just go in an oval.

Kalmor

Banned
Banned

Talking of motorsport, I feel awkward when in a situation where fans of F1 are bashing on the fans of NASCAR (and vice versa) as I'm a fan of both...

Percy

o-o
I played soccer/football when I was younger. I don't currently play any type of sport, but would like to play softball/baseball at some point.

Kosdu

I played soccer/football when I was younger. I don't currently play any type of sport, but would like to play softball/baseball at some point.

That is personally my favorite team sport if I had to choose one.

It's not phsyical or about hurting someone else, and it doesn't ruin your body.

Car Fox

Formally "Torsion Beam"
I'm not too much into it myself, I've been the local sprint races where my stepgrandpa has his driver and car (he's s bit too old to do it himself now), but do you like Nascar? I never got the appeal of it besides the accidents as they just go in an oval.

Although motorsports is the most popular sport by fan density (Soccer falls just behind it), many people don't have the patience to sit and watch the entire race or even most of it. Most people who are only allured by the crashes and pile-ups generally aren't large fans of the sport.

NASCAR's Sprint Cup Series is only one of cluster of race series I like to see race. IZOD Indy Car Series, Formula 1, Super GT (formally JGTC), and the World Rally Championship are a few others.

Last edited:

Kosdu

@Raptros

I've done it with friends and my body is well suited, but good point.
If I wanted to MMA it'd be different...

@Percy

Softball/Baseball, though I suppose Soccer is fairly easy on you too.

Leon

Hot sammiches and cold beer.
I Played baseball when I was younger for a couple years, wasn't very good, but had fun. I still like playing football/basketball, but not so much organised teams and what not.

Lomberdia

Selling bookmarks!
Funny story about my baseball team:

When I was like elementary/middle school age, I was forced into a baseball team (yay mom trying to force me into sports). We were the WORST team. We lost ever single game. We were so bad that they disbanded the team and put us on other teams that didn't suck. Oh actually we did win 1 game, the parent of one of the kids said if we win one game, she'll have a pool party for us....we won our next game lol!

Falaffel

I used to play soccer as its my favorite sport to play (can't stand watching it)
But now I jerk off for better arm strength.

Saga

absolutely disgusting
I played baseball for a bit and didnt like it as much as soccer, and my friends say I'm good at handball (EU) too.
I don't play on a team anymore, it's not that I dont like the competition it's that I dont like the player's reaction to the competition.

Gettin all hormonal ragey

Echoshock

That was a little more than I needed to hear.

I'm surprised it took as many as 20 posts before the filth started being posted.

I used to be on the school soccer team when I was little, I am not a fan of any sports at all now, no fun whatsoever. And if there is anything more boring than playing sports, it's sitting watching other people play sports.

DMAN14

The wettest wolf
Lets see, all of these I started extremely young

-Swimming:4 yr varsity HS, HS captain, doing a bit in college
-Sailing: Sailed in a crazy amount of regattas including worlds, nationals, coast champs, new england champs, orange bowl, inlands and most of that was in lasers which are a very competitive class. I still race ever weekend and thinking about racing a 28' E (so fast, you can wakeboard behind them) in one of the largest scow regattas. This is my fifth year as a sailing coach.
-Tae Kwon Do: have black belt, used to teach, also did alot of kendo/iaido/ and some karate and judo
-Soccer: Played up until high school, then I was too busy
-Archery: have been shooting for a few years now, may start doing tournaments

I'll play ultimate and do alot of other stuff with friends, I also do alot of hiking, trail running, kayaking but not like in a sport context

BouncyOtter

I swam my entire life up until a couple of years ago. I haven't really swam since the last day of the NCAA championships my senior in college. I was captain of my team. I was really competitive, even in the most dull of workouts. I miss it a lot at times. However, my time is limited right now.

Just have fun and enjoy what your time. That's all there really is to it.