• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Sports?

miskey

I play tennis now
Used to play baseball, wrestling, swimming, lacrosse, tae kwon do, and football

You guys here about Tebow? The Jets finally let him go, and I'm very happy

Last edited:

PsychicOtter

Otter Missionary
I love practically all sports, except for soccer and lacrosse. My favorites:
1. Basebal
2. The REAL Football AKA American Football
3. Basketball
4. Hockey

Last edited:

Seekrit

Our football is superior and you know it.

Oh please, with all that padding handegg is nothing more than a glorified pillow fight.

No football is superior to gaelic football, it's like a manned-up Aussie rules with mandatory face punching. Hell even soccer is better.

Car Fox

Formally "Torsion Beam"
Oh please, with all that padding handegg is nothing more than a glorified pillow fight.

No football is superior to gaelic football, it's like a manned-up Aussie rules with mandatory face punching. Hell even soccer is better.

If you watch a few games, you'll know why they have that padding... and it's not really a pillow fight if the padding isn't soft.

Seekrit

If you watch a few games, you'll know why they have that padding... and it's not really a pillow fight if the padding isn't soft.

why does no one understand playful mockery

This is what sports fans do! Mock each others favourites while secretly harbouring respect for them.

Schwimmwagen

Our football is superior and you know it.

I must say:

What is it with the American way of naming things?

"Football" as you call it over there has way, way more in common with Rugby, and foot usage is minute compared to the amount of hand usage and ball-carrying.

Now, there are different kinds of football. Football is an extremely old game and there have been very, very many variations of the rules that spawn offshoots off of the traditional foot-based ball game.

It's Gridiron football.

It's an offshoot of the older traditional more-famous-in-everywhere-but-the-states Soccer football and a variation of Rugby football.

"Football" is an umbrella term.

It's analagous to saying "first-person shooter videogame" to define only one game.

Last edited:

Car Fox

Formally "Torsion Beam"
why does no one understand playful mockery

This is what sports fans do! Mock each others favourites while secretly harbouring respect for them.

I acknowledged it... that was me purposely overthinking it. It's just the natural instinct for us smartasses.

PsychicOtter

Otter Missionary
Now, there are different kinds of football. Football is an extremely old game and there have been very, very many variations of the rules that spawn offshoots off of the traditional foot-based ball game.

It's Gridiron football.

It's an offshoot of the older traditional more-famous-in-everywhere-but-the-states Soccer football and a variation of Rugby football.

"Football" is an umbrella term.

It's analagous to saying "first-person shooter videogame" to define only one game. Soccer is the Maze War of football.

That's why I previously said American Football and our Football. It's also extremely exciting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMUE-SdH1LM

Last edited:

Schwimmwagen

That's why I previously said American Football and our Football.

Yeah, I shoulda worded my post a bit better. I was speaking more in overall general terms/@evry1 so yuh.

It is pretty exciting and fun-looking though, but I'm not really into sport at all, like. Though I wouldn't mind playing whilst half-drunk.

Seekrit

Yeah, I shoulda worded my post a bit better. I was speaking more in overall general terms/@evry1 so yuh.

It is pretty exciting and fun-looking though, but I'm not really into sport at all, like. Though I wouldn't mind playing whilst half-drunk.

Out of all the American sports, baseball is the most fun to play when drunk. Especially when you don't know the rules.

PsychicOtter

Otter Missionary
Oh hey you're a Pens fan! I try and watch every game I can get a stream for. They're always on really late though, so I ended up watching a lot of KHL matches.

Go Metallurg Magnitogorsk I guess.

I sure am. We're playing the Bruins right now, as a matter of fact. Crosby took a shot to the head, but he seems okay.

Car Fox

Formally "Torsion Beam"
I just finished watching another Timber Rattlers game... it's been a tuff season so far. They've practically lost all of their games. Such sadness...