• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Spreading a new species around.

Furryjones

Hi there, Furryjones here. As a writer i'm constantly coming up with new creatures and races to populate my stories with, and about a week ago I created the Praeom (Pray-om) specifically in mind for fellow furries that wanted something different. I spent about 12 hours creating the first drawing and writing out a ten page bio on every little detail I could think of them, from their internal structure to their religion! Now i'm just wondering, how or what is the best way to share this with other furries? I'd like this race to go the same way as the sergal, with several different artists of varying skill interpreting my idea, furries picking it up and using it for their own fursona, that sort of thing. I just need some help spreading this race and their ideals around. If you do find yourself curious to just what the Praeom are about, or look like, visit http://www.furaffinity.net/user/furryjones/ and have a look around at my latest submissions.

NewYork

THAT is creepy. But kind of neat. I think you're a very creative drawer, but starting up a whole new fur species to the community isn't going to be a cakewalk. I've never even heard of a "sergal" until you just mentioned it. Good luck getting the word around.

Furryjones

I guess the only thing i can do is just keep drawing them and spreading them around to as many sources as possible so the greatest amount of people look at them. Thanks for being the only poster that actually had something to say about my question lol.

jorinda

Is that new species as annoying as Sergals with their constant "OMG look I'm so cool and cruel and sexeh"?

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
Is that new species as annoying as Sergals with their constant "OMG look I'm so cool and cruel and sexeh"?

Don't forget fluffy. We're just adorable little bundles of fluff. And rape.

Dreaming

Ten pages? Goddamn you're really getting into it. I dunno how the sergal took off, I'm guessing it was pure luck and coincidences. All you can do is hope for those I guess, promote it but don't shove it down people's throats and stuff

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
Yea, it has some sergal similarities.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
THAT is creepy. But kind of neat. I think you're a very creative drawer, but starting up a whole new fur species to the community isn't going to be a cakewalk. I've never even heard of a "sergal" until you just mentioned it. Good luck getting the word around.

Bu-but, Sergals look awesome...
And interesting designs OP, kinda reminds me of a lanky Krogan.

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
Do you have a base description like I do, despite I have zero artwork for my reptilian alien humanoid species?

Brazen

Terrorist Scum
Guys
What if
Ok
What if
Listen, guys
How about
Ok
This will blow you away
Ok
Guys
Ok
WOLVES
BUT WITH WINGS
And that's not all
Rainbow pelts!

The most original fursonas are real animals that nobody uses, creating your own animal out of what is obviously a minor modification of a popular fursona species is pretentious to the max.

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
Not going to lie: your species looks like the Sergal.

True but given sergals are basically cheese heads anything with a pointed head is going to be labeled a sergal from now on :/

No matter how biologically diverse the critter may be sergals are just a chimera of different things so anything from now on is going to have sergal traits, even though they are just traits derived from nature

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
I don't mind stepping on your toes, but that isn't all right. Sergals are just as diverse as anything else.

A

Ansitru

True but given sergals are basically cheese heads anything with a pointed head is going to be labeled a sergal from now on :/

No matter how biologically diverse the critter may be sergals are just a chimera of different things so anything from now on is going to have sergal traits, even though they are just traits derived from nature

It's not the heads that made me think "Sergal", but the "mane" and the way the body is posed (the implied skeleton).
I mean, it's basically a Sergal with a bigger hump and huge hands and feet.

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
It's not the heads that made me think "Sergal", but the "mane" and the way the body is posed (the implied skeleton).
I mean, it's basically a Sergal with a bigger hump and huge hands and feet.

spider digets ugh, NO Y U DO DIZ

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.

I wouldn't call them cheese heads. That's just the way SL has them. A real sergal is a bit more complex than a bunch of triangles. Imo the most definitive sergal ref

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.