• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Statistics export

WebsterLeone

Not an Orca
It would be nice if there was some way to export the stats to an easy-to-use format (XML, ODS, or CSV) so an artist could graph changes over time.

It'd be even nicer if FA could do this on its own, and then allow an export of collected data so you can have local 'snapshots', but I wouldn't mind doing it myself, as long as I don't have to go through every submission every time I want an update. Even using a scraper to access the data is a bit of a clunky way of doing it, and requires downloading the entire page, and hoping that nothing was changed that would break it.

Feel free to suggest changes for this suggestion, too.

J

jayhusky

Would be a good idea, possibly given the userbase of active accounts it could be a little bandwidth heavy (mostly on those accounts with +1000 views a day)

One other con I can see is people could use the stats to provide a variety of butthurt by taunting other users about views and what have you..

Never the less A good Idea.. (One Change I would add is: If FA supported this idea then have a button on the Stats page for CSV view and XML view etc etc as well as a download view.)

oniontrain

Horror Generator
One other con I can see is people could use the stats to provide a variety of butthurt by taunting other users about views and what have you..

Ha ha ha, do people actually get upset over stupid crap like that, seriously?

I'm thirding this as a great suggestion, but then again I love statistics. I'd like to be able to share mine as well instead of just taking screenshots to show people