• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Steve Jobs has died

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
Steve Jobs has died today, a bit shocking to me.
I will be greatly saddened that we lost such a pioneer in technology : (

Will try to show news links.

Link 1
Link 2

Thoughts FAF?

Last edited:

SnowFox

Poor guy:(

And someone somewhere decided the first thing they were going to do upon hearing this news was to edit his wikipedia article.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
> stocks plummet
> buy stocks
> wait for iphone 4 (?) to come out
> :D

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
Everyone get your "ding dong the witch is dead". I'm saving that for when OWN finally goes off the air.

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
Can't say I like Apple very much now but my first computer was an iMac. RIP.

Shànwàng

Lavender Scented
Good. Pancreatic cancer is a terribly painful and draining illness that I don't wish on anybody. At least his many years of suffering are over now. I didn't care for Jobs but he's helped push technology to places only dreamed of in science fiction. So long Steve Jobs.

Neuron

Wasn't it pancreatic cancer or one of the more deadly ones? I'm really not too surprised, and I don't think he was either, he knew it was time and that's why he recently stepped down.

Also he's taken a fuckload of psychedelic drugs before. Makes me wonder if he was dropping a lot of acid and shrooms to be okay with his death in the last few months.

Last edited:

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
So much for having the best virus protection.

Actually, on a more serious note, it's kind of creepy how news agencies have obituaries ready to go, so they can put them up minutes after the person pegs it. BBC have theirs up at almost the same time as the breaking news article about it.

Ibuuyk

Icon made by Littlerock!
This should be a RAVE in the Rants & Rave section. Also, opened me a bottle of wine to celebrate that fucker's death.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
Actually, on a more serious note, it's kind of creepy how news agencies have obituaries ready to go, so they can put them up minutes after the person pegs it. BBC have theirs up at almost the same time as the breaking news article about it.

It's kind of a given with this particular situation. Everyone was just waiting for it.

This should be a RAVE in the Rants & Rave section. Also, opened me a bottle of wine to celebrate that fucker's death.

Don't be a douche

Fay V

Lost to this world
Okay guys. A man has died. You can joke about apple but don't you be dicks about a man's final struggle with cancer. If you can't at least be civil then get the fuck out or I will infract.
I don't care how you feel about the company, don't mock death.

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
It's kind of a given with this particular situation. Everyone was just waiting for it.

In this case, maybe, but they do seem to be able to publish one pretty rapidly after the event. I suspect they keep one handy for a lot of current personalities, and just update them from time to time.
Okay guys. A man has died. You can joke about apple but don't you be dicks about a man's final struggle with cancer. If you can't at least be civil then get the fuck out or I will infract.
I don't care how you feel about the company, don't mock death.
I'd like to point out that it's not been revealed to be cancer yet. It seems the most likely cause, but it could of been anything. He's had liver transplants, so that could have failed, it could have been a simple heart attack even.

Yeah, it's sad that someone has died, but don't automatically assume that it was cancer what done it.

Last edited:
L

LizardKing

In this case, maybe, but they do seem to be able to publish one pretty rapidly after the event. I suspect they keep one handy for a lot of current personalities, and just update them from time to time.

Yup. News is all about being first, so keeping prepared versions for this sort of thing makes sense.

Rotsala

homosexual agenda
He was kind of a big douche but computers would be a lot different today without him.