• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Steve Jobs has died

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
So much for having the best virus protection.

Pancreatic Cancer is caused by a virus, now? I wasn't aware cancer outside of Cervical Cancer was caused by a virus.

Commiecomrade

Maximum Awesome.
Something quite interesting, I was using my Mac that I hadn't used in months today when he died. Quite an odd coincidence.

My friend included him in a picture about Applejack for obvious reasons and finished that yesterday. This morning it was uploaded to a third-party site by someone else.

He actually removed the picture of Steve from his FA submission.

Oovie

Fabulous Secret Powers
Just to be truthful, but when I heard of this in my car I almost had to pull over to fap one out. All I could think of is searching my YouTube subscription box for inevitable video from a certain Apple... We'll call him an "enthusiast" since this should be a day of respect.

As for Jobs I never once supported any of Apple's products, nor do I ever plan to, but I know in my heart he was a profound man. If anything I thank him for aspiring the rivalry of others.

Valence

Banned
Banned
I'm going to bring him BACK TO LIFE!!

Everyone stand aside and WITNESS THE MIRACLE!!!!!

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
Say what you want about Apple products today, but don't diss the man. That dude was one of the pioneers in putting a computer in every house back when the average computer was size of a refrigerator. My first computer was an Apple IIe for a reason: it was easy enough to use that it didn't scare my father but powerful enough that the whole family could take advantage of it. That Apple was the machine I used to teach myself programming and the machine I made my first game on. Safe to say, I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for Steve Jobs.

Jobs: RIP, dude. Your legacy will endure for decades if not centuries to come.

While it is terrible that someone has died, I dont really understand why this is such a big deal... What has he done to help the world? Aside from being the Ex-CEO of the power-hungry and manipulative company which is Apple?

CerbrusNL

I am legion, for we are many.

Rilvor

Formal when angry
One of the first things I thought when I heard this was: "New from Apple! The iCasket!"

Yes, I do feel terrible for my morbid humor running away like that for the record.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
While it is terrible that someone has died, I dont really understand why this is such a big deal... What has he done to help the world? Aside from being the Ex-CEO of the power-hungry and manipulative company which is Apple?
Um... try reading my earlier post.

Yeah, Apple's done some underhanded stuff in recent years, and they've been burned for it. But IMO, that pales in comparison that they helped popularize the concept of an easy to use computer in every home.

they helped popularize the concept of an easy to use computer in every home.

That was going to happen anyway, with or without the help from Apple & Mr Jobs.

Yeh, not trying to be rude or anything, i still respect him but think that there are more important people out there.

Last edited:

TechnoGypsy

Gentlecolts...
If you had any idea of some of the things apple do to make money... Well, i guess im just a skeptic, but i have my reasons other than Apple vs Microsoft.

Yarr I know, I've had my own little scuffles with Apple before.

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
But IMO, that pales in comparison that they helped popularize the concept of an easy to use computer in every home.

Wait, what?

So you're saying that the overpriced and incredibly expensive Apple stuff that is nowhere near as simple to use as Windows helped popularise easy to use computers in every home. I assume by "every home" you mean the ones with a large disposable income and a huge desire to be pretentious?

Only other thing I can think about is the really old Apples. But even then, they were aimed at a business market, not personal.

But let's not forget Apple and their pioneering efforts into making sure you don't own the stuff you bought, but are merely hiring it. So they can dictate exactly what you can use it for.

Last edited:

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
That was going to happen anyway, with or without the help from Apple & Mr Jobs.
Space exploration and technological advancement in that frontier would be a crippled form of what it is today if there wasn't the political motivations of the Cold War behind it. Likewise, without an entrepeneur pushing, marketing and funding R&D in personal computing, we would be nowhere near what we have today. Yes, it would have happened eventually - but eventually would have been a long way off.