• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Steve Jobs has died

Lol @ WBC... Just checked out the Wikipedia page on them, and i love their official website called 'godhatesfags.com'... I wonder what their views on furry's is? Might send them an email and see what they say, just for Teh l0s, and see what my /b/rothers think about it.

But yeh, they just sound like the people who protest at any given opportunity to gather media attention. I didnt particularly like Mr. Jobs, but there's no way that i would protest at ANYONE'S funeral, no matter how bad they were.

Just to let you know that Anonymous have been there, done that, got the t-shirt, and grew bored. /b/, however, is just a forum.

I dun care, just wanna troll them and see what other people can come up with.

Anyways, back on topic - RPI

TechnoGypsy

Gentlecolts...
RIP indeed.
He got three lovely pages dedicated to him in this morning's paper.

And his creations were described as 'sexy'.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
Lol @ WBC... Just checked out the Wikipedia page on them, and i love their official website called 'godhatesfags.com'... I wonder what their views on furry's is? Might send them an email and see what they say, just for Teh l0s, and see what my /b/rothers think about it.

I dun care, just wanna troll them and see what other people can come up with.

stop that

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
Does anyone realize that the WBC is just a scam and the only reason they protest is to get people to sue them, where they in turn counter-sue and win?

On Topic: Hopefully the media doesn't do a 200 day tribute like they did for Michael Jackson : /

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
Does anyone realize that the WBC is just a scam and the only reason they protest is to get people to sue them, where they in turn counter-sue and win?

On Topic: Hopefully the media doesn't do a 200 day tribute like they did for Michael Jackson : /
One of these days I hope they pick a fight with the wrong person and get sued for every nickle and dime they have.

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
Well atleast we know he didn't die of a virus.
This is probably the first I heard of him having cancer, I knew he quit his job, but I didn't know he was sick :(

Deo

The hatred of FAF personified
I'm not a "fan" of Steve Jobs. I've never bought an iPod or iPhone or any of his doohickeys. But I got to say this makes me sad. Cancer is such a terrible disease, and this was a man who had so much to lose. He tried to quit his job twice and they wouldn't let him (he only got out like a month ago) can you imagine having only a month of time to yourself to get your dying wishes in order? Or can you imagine giving up the company you breathed life into, not because you want to, but because you have to surrender EVERYTHING you've ever known or loved because you're dying; all the while being completely cognizant and conscious of your loss and situation? That's just heart rending. And there are stories like this of fatal illnesses all over this world. Thousands of people living in this limbo right now. :<

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon

Or they goad you into assaulting them and then sue for assault.

T

Tycho

Or they goad you into assaulting them and then sue for assault.

Kill the lot of them. Can't sue if they're dead. :p

This is why it sucks to be the "good guys". These assholes know you've either got to keep your head and be a morally and ethically responsible person and NOT lash out at them, or strike at them in which case they win. They take advantage of the fact that people are obeying the law and such. They do despicable things from behind the shield of the law, because they know they can. They're wagering no one will snap bad enough to simply kill the lot of them.

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
And then, across the world, the sounds of a thousand cries of anguish could be heard, as a bunch of geeks lost their lord and savior. :V

ryanleblanc

I'm "Human" get over it.
I went to the nearest apple store and put a post-it note on the window and I'm going to buy the iPhone 4g (i was planning to before he died anyway).

Mourning - Completed

I will miss u Steve! :D

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever

skg001

And nothing of value was lost :V

Seriously though, I didn't like the guy, kind of assholish... either way, someone dying is always sad, but there's no reason why this one is that special.

Nineteen-TwentySeven

Four Eyes; Zero Soul
And nothing of value was lost :V

Seriously though, I didn't like the guy, kind of assholish... either way, someone dying is always sad, but there's no reason why this one is that special.
Because he's the asshole that made your PC the way it is today. Otherwise it might still bear a striking resemblance to Windows 3.1.

Seriously though, he actually was a huge dick. People feared getting stuck in the elevator with him.

skg001

Because he's the asshole that made your PC the way it is today. Otherwise it might still bear a striking resemblance to Windows 3.1.

Seriously though, he actually was a huge dick. People feared getting stuck in the elevator with him.

Competence is always good, but if it wasn't apple it would have been someone else. To be fair the mac GUI was copied from the Xerox Star GUI, the only difference is that mac was the first commercially successful implementation of a GUI.
Also, just like Bill Gates didn't created Windows by himself, Mac wasn't created by Steve Jobs.

ryanleblanc

I'm "Human" get over it.
His whole staff is afraid to go to the third floor of Apple headquarters for fear of running into him in the hallway.

But asshole or not he is responsible for the personal computers we use today. As well as iPods, iTunes, iPad, iPhone, etc...

He may have been feared and he was known to have a very short fuse, but he was the late twentieth / early twenty-first century genius.

ryanleblanc

I'm "Human" get over it.
just like Bill Gates didn't created Windows by himself, Mac wasn't created by Steve Jobs.

Ha! Bill Gates didn't create Windows at all! He stole it from Apple, and Apple stole it from Xerox, and really if it weren't for Steve "embracing" (i.e. stealing) xerox's idea, the computer would have continued to be "useful only for major corporations and not intended for the common man/woman"

Edit: Sorry about the back to back posts. :(

skg001

Ha! Bill Gates didn't create Windows at all! He stole it from Apple, and Apple stole it from Xerox, and really if it weren't for Steve "embracing" (i.e. stealing) xerox's idea, the computer would have continued to be "useful only for major corporations and not intended for the common man/woman"

Edit: Sorry about the back to back posts. :(

I was actually referring as how the CEOs big software companies are seen as the ones who actually created their flagship product, when in reality it was the people working at the company.
If Steve Jobs and Bill Gates can be regarded as something is as business genius for making their products successful in the market.

Of course the word "created" has so many implications that you could "technically" say that it was a product created by them in a business context.

ryanleblanc

I'm "Human" get over it.
I was actually referring as how the CEOs big software companies are seen as the ones who actually created their flagship product, when in reality it was the people working at the company.
If Steve Jobs and Bill Gates can be regarded as something is as business genius for making their products successful in the market.

Of course the word "created" has so many implications that you could "technically" say that it was a product created by them in a business context.

True, I was simply pointing out the mistake you made when you suggested that Bill Gates did is at least somewhat responsible for Windows while saying Steve is not responsible for anything at all. When really neither of them are truly responsible for what their companies and their products have become.