• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Steve Jobs resigns as CEO of Apple

Branch

Butt
so... will he change his name to Steve Jobless?

iTails

Certified Asshole
Steve left because he is out constantly on medical leave and he feels there is nothing he can do for the company right now. I'm glad he's stepping down. Though, I'm waiting for Tim to do something stupid. I would hope he would at least.

ramsay_baggins

WINTERFELL!
Pancreatic cancer is horrific. Absolutely horrific. I watched my neighbour go from no symptoms to dead in 6 months. Poor guy, no one deserves it.

I do very much dislike Apple as a company though, and I wouldn't be upset if they did go under after this.

ArielMT

'Net Help Desk
You know what'd be hilarious? If Bill Gates took the position.

A better troll would be if Steve Ballmer announced his resignation from Microsoft to head up Apple.

That's big news. Emulators.
For an overpriced product that should be able to run it anyways.[/COLOR

Macs haven't needed an emulator to run Windows since the switch from PowerPC to Intel.

Rilvor

Formal when angry
I personally found it amusing that the situation is being painted as if this man and this man alone is fully responsible for every aspect of what Apple makes.

But I suppose I could be wrong, maybe he really does design every product all by himself without any help or ideas from anyone. I merely doubt that.

Onnes

I personally found it amusing that the situation is being painted as if this man and this man alone is fully responsible for every aspect of what Apple makes.

But I suppose I could be wrong, maybe he really does design every product all by himself without any help or ideas from anyone. I merely doubt that.

Given the way he turned the company around when they brought him back on board, it's hard not to see Jobs as an absolutely essential part of Apple's success. With him at the helm, everything Apple has touched has turned to gold. His successor is going to have to prove that he can maintain the trend.

Xenke

Oh what's this?

Apple stocks haven't had that catestrophic failure people thought it would?

Geez, maybe it because speculators aren't retards and don't think that Jobs alone is what makes Apple.

ryanleblanc

I'm "Human" get over it.
Oh what's this?

Apple stocks haven't had that catestrophic failure people thought it would?

Geez, maybe it because speculators aren't retards and don't think that Jobs alone is what makes Apple.

I'm pretty sure most people (including myself) weren't predicting catastrophic failure on the stock market today. More like a definitive decrease in a company that hasn't suffered much of any decrease at all.

And indeed apple stock is going down today, my stock tracker is saying apple lost about 5.10 points so far. Thats pretty significant for a company that previously, like charlie sheen, couldn't stop winning.

[yt]CZGIn9bpALo[/yt]

Remember those golden years when Steve was old but didn't look as old and ill as he does now? I miss those days.

Last edited:

israfur

YES PLEASE
I do hope he get's better. That guy changed the world. :(

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Good riddance Jobs.

Xenke

I really don't understand why people think that Steve Jobs the only thing keeping the company together. I mean seriously, do some of you really think that someone who Jobs has cherry-picked to replace him is going be awful at his job? I mean sure, some people hate apple and will find every opportunity to say with "science" that it's screwed the pooch and that failure is inevitable. But honestly, the idea that Jobs is the only being capable of running the company is retarded.

I mean seriously, even with the slim chance that Mr. Replacement has different views than Jobs, having someone else as CEO could very well be a good thing. Though I wouldn't expect a lot of people on here to be able to see that because I've noticed for a while that there's a disturbing trend of people being so vehemently against "change".

The fact of the matter is though, we can't really know what'll happen with the company until it actually happens.

ramsay_baggins

WINTERFELL!
Just curious, why do you hate Steve/Apple? I've always been curious why apple haters hate apple.

Bad company with bad ethics that creates stuff that's overpriced and a lot of the time is just a rehash of exactly the same thing, but with an extra letter in the name.
Also, the patent shit they pull is RETARDED. Oh, and the fact they lie. "We have created the first tablet evar!" Oh really? What about the ones that have been out longer and do much more stuff, much better?
They just recently filed to stop the Galaxy Tab being sold in Europe. Because it is a tablet. That's the only fucking reason.

I don't understand why people love them and refuse to buy anything non-Apple. It's like designer clothes - you can get exactly the same top in a different shop for a third of the price, usually lasts longer but oh no! It doesn't have the name! Can't buy it because then people wouldn't know I have money!

Yes, I understand that Macs are good for media, but that's not worth everything else that goes with it.

Last edited:

Xenke

I don't understand why people love them. It's like designer clothes - you can get exactly the same top in a different shop for a third of the price, usually lasts longer but oh no! It doesn't have the name! Can't buy it because then people wouldn't know I have money!

Some people actually prefer the Mac OS over windows, and can you really blame them?

Yes, I understand that Macs are good for media, but that's not worth everything else that goes with it.

And this. Most people I know who have Macs and haven't just turned them into Windows machines use it for stuff like video editing, composing, etc.

ramsay_baggins

WINTERFELL!
Some people actually prefer the Mac OS over windows, and can you really blame them?

True, but I'm mostly talking about Apple fanbois/fangirls. Personally, I don't like the OS.

And this. Most people I know who have Macs and haven't just turned them into Windows machines use it for stuff like video editing, composing, etc.

My friend was told he had to have a mac for his music course. He loves it's media software, but hates everything else about it. I had to use a Mac for my Moving Image course at AS level. The programme was lovely to use, but oh my word did that Mac drive me up the wall. The people who say they never crash are talking rubbish - mine would crash at least once every hour long class.

ryanleblanc

I'm "Human" get over it.
I really don't understand why people think that Steve Jobs the only thing keeping the company together. I mean seriously, do some of you really think that someone who Jobs has cherry-picked to replace him is going be awful at his job? I mean sure, some people hate apple and will find every opportunity to say with "science" that it's screwed the pooch and that failure is inevitable. But honestly, the idea that Jobs is the only being capable of running the company is retarded.

I mean seriously, even with the slim chance that Mr. Replacement has different views than Jobs, having someone else as CEO could very well be a good thing. Though I wouldn't expect a lot of people on here to be able to see that because I've noticed for a while that there's a disturbing trend of people being so vehemently against "change".

The fact of the matter is though, we can't really know what'll happen with the company until it actually happens.

First let me say this. I LOVE APPLE! I love apple more than anyone should ever love a company. I'm certainly not trying to take every opportunity to say apple screwed the pooch. So, my opinion is not biased like that. Nonetheless, despite my being a hardcore Apple cult member, I still think apple is going to fail miserably.

I want you to do something before you make another post whining and complaining about how all the apple haters think apple's going to fail. I want you to go to the first page of this thread, scroll down to my incredibly long post, and read the whole thing. Then I want you to never whine and complain about this subject again.

Hope this will help explain things a little to you. :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How big of an apple fan are you? Anyone can participate! Post your list of products and we'll see:

Myself I have...

- March 2011 Macbook Pro
- iPad
- iPad 2
- Powerbook G4
- Winter 2010 iMac
- Two iPod touch's
- iPod shuffle 1st Gen.
- iPhone 4
- and I am waiting to buy the iPhone 5