• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Still new to most furry terms...

F

FrostHeart

What is anthro? NSFW is sexual/adult right? SFW is the opposite I assume. Vore sounds dirty, so I feel I'd be better googling that. Anything else I left out?

HistoricalyIncorrect

Shekel collector
What is anthro? NSFW is sexual/adult right? SFW is the opposite I assume. Vore sounds dirty, so I feel I'd be better googling that. Anything else I left out?
Anthro is when the animal is humanoid
Feral is when the animal is what you expect it to look like. 4 legs and with fleas

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat

Hist' pretty much covered Anthro and Feral.

NSFW = Not Safe For Work. SFW= Safe For Work. Meaning is obvious..."would you want your boss to see this?"

Vore = being eaten fantasy, basically.

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
Anthro, or anthropomorphic actually means something non-human having human characteristics. In the Fandom, anthro refers to animals, however. Vore isn't "dirty", just explicit. It is considered inappropriate to talk about or share vore images. Referencing vore in an oblique or indirect way is generally more accepted. The term "yiff" is a substitution word for sex. It is considered slightly rude to rude, depending on how it is used. Consider it like the Furry version of the "F bomb". Here is a partial list of Furry terms you may encounter.
Furry Slang and Common Terms - Furry Argentina

oappo

What is anthro
Short for Anthropomorphic. What hist said is correct, it's typically referred to as humanoid characters.
Yes. NSFW stands for Not Safe For Work. It usually refers to sexual stuff (so yes, adult), but can also encompass other things like extreme violence/gore.
Likewise, SFW stands for Safe For Work. So you'd be correct in saying it's the "opposite". So more family friendly type stuff.
Vore sounds dirty, so I feel I'd be better googling that.
Vore is a fetish. So don't look for it when there are people around. Perhaps read about it on know your meme instead of googlign it.

F

FrostHeart

Usually I turn on "incognito" search and I delete my search history during furry related stuff. Too many perverts making us look like filthy animals. Lol.

Ashwolves5

Miss Fluffy Bottom
Ok thanks... By the 8! Is it considered vore if you die in the process..?
With vore its being eaten alive and as a whole. After being swallowed and in the stomach, some iterations will keep them alive living in the stomach, regurgitate them, or have them digest, either dead(normal digestion) or "coming out" alive. Also there are some cases where there is merging, like absorption i guess. So the out come doesn't matter as long as you eaten wholly and alive.

FluffyShutterbug

The Fox Is Back In Town!
This was already answered, I think, but I like helping, so you'll have to hear me dribble on about this.
Anthro is short for "anthropomorphic". Giving human characteristics to non-humans. Obviously, furries are anthropomorphic.
NSFW is sexual/adult. NSFW stands for "Not Safe For Work". Stuff that might get you into trouble if you were caught viewing at work.
SFW is anything that's suitable for audiences under 18. Doesn't necessarily have to be the "opposite". Just doesn't have to be explicit. SFW = "Safe For Work".
Vore is a fetish. It's shorthand for "Vorarephilia", which involves characters being eaten, and let's just leave it at that.
Let's see... Anything else...? Drawing a blank here.