• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Stories or things that make you cringe

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
Specifically things that you experienced first-hand or have been somewhat involved with, not just "this is cringe-worthy because I saw it online" sort of thing.

For me, it's whenever I get involved in a discussion/debate and a person who associates themselves with my point of view begins acting like a huge asshole and making an example. Whether or not some of these people are trolls is up to question, but it's still really embarrassing, especially in public where trolling discussions really isn't a thing.

And a personal one is when I'm up at 3 AM and I'm so tired and delirious that I start typing stupid comments to people. I've tried alcoholic beverages before and typed something, but never to the degree that being tired has done to me. Being tired and restless can have a similar toll on judgement, don't fool yourselves.

L

Louise955

For me, I cringe when I see others making comments that will clearly negatively affect someone. I have a friend who is overly honest and she upsets people and it just makes me feel very uncomfortable and angry.

I also cringe when I have just been in a social situation as I tend to be very awkward, and I just get so angry at myself for the stuff I said. Yeah, it's quite a common one, but it happens almost every day so it's awful xD

I've also had the same thing with stupid messages. I stay up pretty late at times when chatting with people, and sometimes when I wake up, I check the conversation to see what I said, and I see loads of spelling errors and stupid stuff that I can't even remember saying.

S

Saylor

One of my old friends from elementary school is pretty cringy. First off, he is 27 years old and he still acts like a middle schooler whenever you talk to him, he will constantly talk about sex, drinking Jim Beam, jamming with junkies who live under a bridge, or him buying a new video game when he's already $1,500 in debt just to Gamestop. Then you might ask him if he has a job which he will respond with "No, work isn't really for me. I don't like being told what to do by someone else." He shows no signs of any drive to do anything in life besides drinking heavy amounts of whiskey and playing Five Finger Death Punch songs on his bass. Then he might ask you if you have a girlfriend. Not for just generic queries, but so he can try getting a hookup. Specifically, with YOUR girlfriend. I mentioned to him that I had a girlfriend once and he asked me if it was okay by me if he could have sex with her..... But, this is just scratching the surface with this guy. I also thought it would be a fun idea to be in a band with him with me on lead guitarist/vocals, him on bass, some girl we knew on rhythm guitar, and his brother on drums. The rhythm guitar player was lesbian and was 17 years old. He was 24 years old at the time. We were supposed to be having a jam session that day and practicing some music, but it quickly turned into a disaster when he brought out the Jim Beam. I saw the bottle come out and already knew what was going to happen and went back downstairs to wait for his brother to come home from work. He got home from work and was on the phone while eating Arby's, so I sat at the table and was at least decent enough to wait for him to finish eating before breaking the news to him of what was going on because I knew he was going to get worked up. So, he finishes his food and then I tell him that "____ is upstairs with Jim Beam and the girl." And his brother CHARGES upstairs and we weren't surprised by what we found. He got the rhythm guitar player so hammered that she couldn't even stand up on her own, and then tried to have sex with her. That's rape. Then another time he asked me to buy him a whole fucking pound of weed with my tax return money which would cost me 1 grand. So, he's a rapist, alcoholic, drifter, bum, and slacker who has no motive to do jack shit, and he will use you for every last penny you have in your pocket.

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
One of my old friends from elementary school is pretty cringy. First off, he is 27 years old and he still acts like a middle schooler whenever you talk to him, he will constantly talk about sex, drinking Jim Beam, jamming with junkies who live under a bridge, or him buying a new video game when he's already $1,500 in debt just to Gamestop. Then you might ask him if he has a job which he will respond with "No, work isn't really for me. I don't like being told what to do by someone else." He shows no signs of any drive to do anything in life besides drinking heavy amounts of whiskey and playing Five Finger Death Punch songs on his bass. Then he might ask you if you have a girlfriend. Not for just generic queries, but so he can try getting a hookup. Specifically, with YOUR girlfriend. I mentioned to him that I had a girlfriend once and he asked me if it was okay by me if he could have sex with her..... But, this is just scratching the surface with this guy. I also thought it would be a fun idea to be in a band with him with me on lead guitarist/vocals, him on bass, some girl we knew on rhythm guitar, and his brother on drums. The rhythm guitar player was lesbian and was 17 years old. He was 24 years old at the time. We were supposed to be having a jam session that day and practicing some music, but it quickly turned into a disaster when he brought out the Jim Beam. I saw the bottle come out and already knew what was going to happen and went back downstairs to wait for his brother to come home from work. He got home from work and was on the phone while eating Arby's, so I sat at the table and was at least decent enough to wait for him to finish eating before breaking the news to him of what was going on because I knew he was going to get worked up. So, he finishes his food and then I tell him that "____ is upstairs with Jim Beam and the girl." And his brother CHARGES upstairs and we weren't surprised by what we found. He got the rhythm guitar player so hammered that she couldn't even stand up on her own, and then tried to have sex with her. That's rape. Then another time he asked me to buy him a whole fucking pound of weed with my tax return money which would cost me 1 grand. So, he's a rapist, alcoholic, drifter, bum, and slacker who has no motive to do jack shit, and he will use you for every last penny you have in your pocket.
That sounds less cringy and more just plain sad. That guy was an elementary friend and then he ends up like that. It really puts things into perspective.

S

Saylor

That sounds less cringy and more just plain sad. That guy was an elementary friend and then he ends up like that. It really puts things into perspective.

It's a bit of both. I don't know what the hell happened to him, but I can't stand him anymore. He keeps calling me when I'm in the middle of my shift, wanting to hang out, jam out, and drink lots of Jim Beam, he calls me when I'm at school wanting to do the same thing. And I simply can't. He always wants me to bring over my amps too which both are really big and only one of them barely fits in my car and all of my pedals and all of my instruments and it takes me an hour alone just to move all that stuff because of how much it takes to organize everything. Then I see him in public and he's like "Why don't you answer my texts or calls?" And I hate being an asshole to anyone, so I tell him that I'm always busy with shit and then he says "drop out of school to come hang out with me." I have had enough of this guy. I hate saying this about someone I've known for almost my whole life, but it's true.

Xaroin

THE ONE THE ONLY
TBH
1) Sonic Fan Art
2) Playing with idiots in VG
3) Overcooked Food at resteraunts
4) People accidentally DMing me yiff

Alpine

The best Renault
Modern super car fanboys that don't know a damn thing about cars

People using the word clip. It's not interchangeable :\

Everyone who posts on the Rockstar Newswire

Slow people in the passing lanes

People making annoying animal noises

The lyrics of mainstream music

O

Okami_No_Heishi

Once upon a time, me and bhutrflai watched a poor hapless crackhead have a very heated argument with himself. Pretty cringy.

O

Okami_No_Heishi

Modern super car fanboys that don't know a damn thing about cars

People using the word clip. It's not interchangeable :\

Everyone who posts on the Rockstar Newswire

Slow people in the passing lanes

People making annoying animal noises

The lyrics of mainstream music
Annoying animal noises? You do realise that this is what furries do? Here..allow me....AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sorry. Couldn't help myself.

And another cringefest was having a crazy crackhead attack my van in morning rushhour traffic in Atlanta. That was the only time in twenty years of carrying a sidearm that I actually had to pull and cock my pistol. Then the light turned green. Two of the craziest minutes of my life.

Sarachaga

Definitely not a lizard
A quite cringeworthy moment that I witnessed was when two people that I know, who are extremely conservative christians, went to a reggae concert with us and somehow ended up completely high on the devil's lettuce. It was hilarious yet completely cringe to see those people who were usually extra serious and even a bit annoying. The dude was gazing in astonishment at literally everything, telling that the music was everywhere and half chanting and dancing, and the woman was giggling a lot. Definitely a weird thing to see.