• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Notepad: Stories untold in the fandom?

KD142000

Leather-clad Lobo
Hey, all!

So, I'm having some trouble writing and got wondering: What are some story ideas/concepts/topics you don't see written about in the fandom very often? I'm looking for an over-arching plot to my crime-related comic.

If you don't have an answer, how about throwing some story genres/ideas/concepts you like? Keep to SFW if you can. You can mention that NSFW goes on in the story genre you like, though :3

JuniperW

Birb Fanatic
I’m quite a big fan of sci-fi plots, and I daresay I don’t see many of them within the fandom. That’s not to say there aren’t any, just that other genres seem to be much more common.

I would love to see some more westerns, too. I’ve got one of them planned out myself (it’s not a furry one though).

KD142000

Leather-clad Lobo
I’m quite a big fan of sci-fi plots, and I daresay I don’t see many of them within the fandom. That’s not to say there aren’t any, just that other genres seem to be much more common.

I would love to see some more westerns, too. I’ve got one of them planned out myself (it’s not a furry one though).
Sci-fi is a good one. Westerns, too, seem very rare. I think I've seen at least one example of each that are furry, but they're outnumbered by many other genres.

ConorHyena

nazi hunter
I don't see enough deconstruction in furry literature. It's all too often glaringly uncritical, with relatively simple, prediatble plotlines

ConorHyena

nazi hunter
Could you elaborate on that?
Deconstruction is a philosophical approach, it argues that language, especially ideal concepts such as truth and justice, is irreducibly complex, unstable, or impossible to determine. It's essentially about the 'nothing is black and white' thing

In literature it could for instance be employed to deconstruct certain ideals or stereotypes, giving a character or a storyline an additional meta level.

Vakash_Darkbane

Fan Fiction Writer, Artist
Just take a story you like, remove the humans, put inFurries and put your own spin on it. Like do Pale Rider but instead of one preacher on a pale horse its four cowboys who ride into town symbolizing death, war, famine and pestilence who have come to get rid of the bad claim jumpers. Make the four, predator species,, keep the base plot make your own dialog. Its not that hard.

Damn that's not a bad idea lol. If you do it give me a nod in the credits hell I might e en help :p