• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Story submission troubles

foxyfellowuk

Every time I try to upload a story, I get the message:

This type of file is not allowed. Please upload a valid submission.

This happens with txt, rtf and doc formats. I have visited the 'account' page, as was suggested in an earlier discussion on image files, and all folders are stated as present and correct, so I'm a bit stymied as to a solution.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Any suggestions how to overcome it?

JSF

Yeah, I'm havin' this problem, though it's poetry in my case. But it's still text anyway.

And they ain't long pieces, mostly 60 characters or so.

alumasqrl

don't know if this is anything close to being helpful since you're uploading text files, but i've gotten similar "invalid file type" error messages while uploading images. turned out that it wasn't a file type error, but i had mistyped the file path.

Zerophex

I am getting this error as well and it is getting aggravating... and no, I did not do mistakes with the address.

FA randomly refusing to upload stuff from people... well, it's not fun.

Any explanations about why it wouldn't work?

Also, yes, I am sick of seeing this error:

"This type of file is not allowed. Please upload a valid submission."

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
Administrator
foxyfellowuk said:
Every time I try to upload a story, I get the message:

This type of file is not allowed. Please upload a valid submission.

This happens with txt, rtf and doc formats. I have visited the 'account' page, as was suggested in an earlier discussion on image files, and all folders are stated as present and correct, so I'm a bit stymied as to a solution.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Any suggestions how to overcome it?
Just a note that uploading problems are a currenty priority: I've let TOS and Jheryn know about the problem, and it's our list to be fixed ASAP.