• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Strange Phobias

LucidDarkness

Isn't a pervert. T_T
I know there has been a lot of those "Strange Fetish" threads, and it got me thinking... Is there anything particularly odd that you are scared of?

You can say the more normal things, too, if you want. I'm just curious what scares people.

My Phobias:
- Heights
- Dark water
- Dogs
- Possums
- Wrists being bound

Last edited:

Asswings

Banned
Banned
When I was still living on the sheep farm, the thing that always used to scare the hell out of me was throwing stuff away in the dumpster, specifically at night.

It was always like, OHGOD, WUT IF THERE'S A HOBO IN THERE OR SOMETHING. Even though that was pretty much retarded being we were MILES away from any sort of store or public location.

SailorYue

im His kitty cat
spiders and creepy crawlies
bridges/falling. (i can be in high places... its just i fear faling, like bridges and over passes.
getting stampeded in crowds (its a form of claustrophobia. i can be in small places, but add a crowed and i get upset.)
big mean dogs.

J

Jelly

OHGOD, WUT IF THERE'S A HOBO IN THERE OR SOMETHING.

HAHAHA
Dude, the hobo would be more scared of you. You're throwing stuff at him.

I've always had a weird fear of really tall monuments and over-sized store signs and stuff. I mean, I'm not scared of them falling on me. For some reason I'm scared I'll fly off the face of the planet. That's my associated fear. Is that, like, the stupidest thing you've ever read?

Koray

Hights
Dark waters
Slightly an insect phobia (mostly because many of them are disgusting :S)

That's about it...

Asswings

Banned
Banned
HAHAHA
Dude, the hobo would be more scared of you. You're throwing stuff at him.

Inorite? But the thread IS asking about weird phobias, after all. XD

LucidDarkness

Isn't a pervert. T_T
When I was still living on the sheep farm, the thing that always used to scare the hell out of me was throwing stuff away in the dumpster, specifically at night.

It was always like, OHGOD, WUT IF THERE'S A HOBO IN THERE OR SOMETHING. Even though that was pretty much retarded being we were MILES away from any sort of store or public location.
No way!! I used to be afraid to throw things away in the garbage outside of my house at night because I was afraid that there was a hobo hiding in one of our cars.. Hobos at night is a scary thought... -_-;;

Gavrill

ladies~
The ocean
Spiders (I know, it's ironic)
Centipedes/millipedes
Other small bugs with "too many" legs
Injections (not needles, just the act of something getting injected)
Clusters of holes

Yep.

Asswings

Banned
Banned
Clusters of holes

akldfj;;askldfj I forgot about that. ;_;

I've seen ALL the shock images, and the only thing that freaked me out was the lotus breast one. Anything like that gives me a freaked out creepy-crawling feeling too, and I want to run away. XD

Gavrill

ladies~
akldfj;;askldfj I forgot about that. ;_;

I've seen ALL the shock images, and the only thing that freaked me out was the lotus breast one. Anything like that gives me a freaked out creepy-crawling feeling too, and I want to run away. XD
That and pictures of those toads that give birth from the holes on their back, holy crap

I have a few phobias

war or invasion from another country or alien
not being able to breath (drowning ect)
spiders & bigger spiders
ceasing to exist
people being the way they are forever
raccoons going extinct

Nocturne

Nocelots? ὸὦό
Being encased in something that does allow me to move but being kept alive D:

LucidDarkness

Isn't a pervert. T_T
When I was really little I was afraid of vampires in the toilet that would attack you if you sat down... >__<

J

Jelly

That and pictures of those toads that give birth from the holes on their back, holy crap

See, I always kind of thought it was just me that thought clusters of holes were horrible in every possible way.

OH MAN
ITS LIKE DISCOVERING THE FURRY FANDOM ALL OVER AGAIN

:gay:

UGH
AND THE TOAD OF WHICH YOU SPEAK IS A TERRIBLE CREATURE
I WOULD PITY IT, BUT I JUST NEVER WANT TO THINK ABOUT IT AGAIN :CCCC

pheonix

back'n up back'n up
Spiders, the ocean, heights, large groups of people, and fear of rejection.

strange phobias: Things being out of place, tech getting wet, (even if it's not mine) and things bending too far snapping and hitting me in the face.

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
Harlequin fetus.
Spiders (not deathly so, but don't let them touch me (I should point out that the largest spiders we have here are around an inch in size, including the legs; Larger than that and I'm staying the hell away)).
Asphyxia.
Parasites.
Many things that live in the ocean (specifically squid and their giant/colossal cousins, along with octopuses, but also including crabs, jellyfish and lobsters). This is very strange, since I live in a place that's almost perpetually near the ocean and with a long heritage of oceanfaring.
Getting sick.

K

Kaamos

Bees.

Just. Fucking. Bees. I have no mouth and I must scream

ANYTHING that is born naturally with more than 4 legs (Note: I said naturally, things like sheep born with an extra leg from a twin that didn't quite make it don't freak me out). So that includes ALL insects and any 4+limbed ocean creature. I love eating shrimp but I can't peel them, it makes my stomach turn. I will avoid a butterfly / moth, anything to get away and not have it touch me.

Heights/falling.
Water where I can't see the bottom.

Yep :<

selkie

'ã……'
I used to have a crippling fear of crowds, which made eating lunch in our cafeteria impossible.

I like this better than the fetish thread. :3

J

Jelly

ANYTHING that is born naturally with more than 4 legs (Note: I said naturally, things like sheep born with an extra leg from a twin that didn't quite make it don't freak me out). So that includes ALL insects and any 4+limbed ocean creature. I love eating shrimp but I can't peel them, it makes my stomach turn. I will avoid a butterfly / moth, anything to get away and not have it touch me.

Heights/falling.
Water where I can't see the bottom.

Yep :<

So, what that kid with two sets of arms doesn't totally freak you out?
I don't care if its Shiva or whatever.
It is strange and I do not like it.

...lol, you're scared of butterflies? I don't know that's pretty adorable.
I'm sorry, though. I mean. Yeah. That sucks.
(But its cute.)

SailorYue

im His kitty cat
i cant beleive i forgot:

wild unconrolled fire and getting trappede by fire and losing my most valued possesions in fire. this stems from a series of nightmares i used to have as a kid caused bythis scratchy orange (fla e colred!) blanket.

Torrijos-sama

The Artist Formerly Known as Jesusfish
I used to be afraid of Door knobs
(I believed someone was behind the door, and was able to see everything in the room. And the reflection on the doorknob only let me know that everything was laid bare for it to see. Jesus)
-I was afraid of dark interior spaces (Indoors in the dark).
-I was afraid of things possibly being in my house.
-I was afraid of forests during the day time.
-I was afraid of the Ocean for a while (I had recurring thoughts and dreams of Tsunamis coming from nowhere).
-I was afraid of my peers. Now, I don't care, because if they try to pull anything, I aint going down without a fight...
-Used to be afraid of Nuclear War
-Used to be afraid of Natural Disasters
-THE GREYS. I ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT THESE FUCKERS. I have had too many bad dreams, and screaming thoughts shoot through my head at random times... Especially when I was younger... Jesus, I loathe them....

I just really don't give a fuck anymore. I am still afraid of much, but I kinda have found a meaning in life, and thus, I have begun to learn to cope with my fears...

Last edited:
J

Jelly

i cant beleive i forgot:

wild unconrolled fire and getting trappede by fire and losing my most valued possesions in fire. this stems from a series of nightmares i used to have as a kid caused bythis scratchy orange (fla e colred!) blanket.

See, oddly enough I'm not scared of fire.
I actually had my pillow catch fire while I was sleeping on it.
WHICH WAS GREAT LET ME TELL YOU
I rolled over to greet the day, only to find I got drunk the night before and fucked a forest fire.

@selkie: Oh, so I guess you're, like, totally fearless then?