• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Strange things you’ve overheard in public?

Whether you like it or not, we’ve all overheard a strange conversation at times.

I once overheard someone on the phone saying
“No, you cannot get a child drunk on cough syrup”

What’s the strangest thing you’ve overheard?

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
I overheard on a public bus two African American women mock mounted police for riding black horses.

C

CrookedCroc

Some years ago I heard some guys on the metro arguing about some kind of fan theory, for what I overheard it was something about Ariel from The Little Mermaid being Aquaman's cousin.
The "evidence" for this theory was something about a group of atlanteans evolving and developing a more fish-like body

Charrburn

Resolute Dreamwalker
I once overheard two classmates talk with each other during biology class about how women got pregnant. One of my friends said that all the woman had to do was drink the males sperm and jump up and down and the other guy was like "ooooh".
They were 13 years old btw :V

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
I'm on campus here, and parents are coming to fetch their kids home from the dorms, at the end of the semester.

So I overheard this mother telling what appeared to be the younger brother (perhaps 15) of an older brother (perhaps 20), about books, and all I caught was, "No, no, no, these aren't the kinds of book you just read. These are the kinds of books you read and understand"

Somehow, that made me laugh.

Yakamaru

Autumn wolf
I swear, the strangest shit you hear in public is hilarious.

I was sitting at the train station a couple of weeks ago, and a couple(don't know if they were married or not) had their 6-year old daughter with them.

The daughter asked "if elephants could fly, would they migrate like the birds? And if they could, would we have trees big enough to support them?"

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I once overheard two classmates talk with each other during biology class about how women got pregnant. One of my friends said that all the woman had to do was drink the males sperm and jump up and down and the other guy was like "ooooh".
They were 13 years old btw :V

When I was in sex education class *we were 15-16 year olds* one of the anonymous questions that was submitted was 'what actually is sex?'.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Though this is not anything in particular, I have noted that while at work, you'll go to the bathroom, and while you're taking a leak, somebody in a stall will be blabbing away on their phone, taking a dump. I'm not sure why, but it just seems odd, to be yakking away, while crapping, in a public restroom. Maybe at home, fine. But always struck me as weird!

Pogo

I pounce i bounce.
Over heard 2 people arguing as they walked out a postal office. Though i forget what it was about, i remember it being a very heated discussion and culminated in one of them saying "whatever" and offering the other a drink from a can of soda they were holding.

It was interesting to see.

ShardOfSloth

Love cute furs UwU
I heard once some people in a bar arguing about "stop putting it in your throat".
The thing that made me laugh was finding out that they were 3 guys and a drink.

I heard once some people in a bar arguing about "stop putting it in your throat".
The thing that made me laugh was finding out that they were 3 guys and a drink.
They put the glass in their throat? :p

Z

ZeroVoidTime

ORANGES AND LEMONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! *BLASTS LOUD DISORIENTING NOISES* (Remember Big Brother is watching for strange and disrupting behavior in Oceania public spaces......... :) )

Mikazuki Marazhu

I hate you all
A long time, I was talking to one of my supervisors. She was scolding me about something I can't remember.

We were talking in her office when I got a glimpse of her email inbox

One email had the title "Marazhu's mental problem"

I pretended that I didn't see it but it really made me sad all throughout my life :V