• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Strange things you thought as a kid.

Baron Tredegar

Ukraine Strong!
Share strange and bizarre things you believed were true when you were a kid.

I thought that NASA had antigravity chambers for testing.

Nexus Cabler

\ ( :v ) /
When I was very young, I thought the term "your fired" meant that you got sent to some kind of office hell where you burst into flames. That and pretty much all bosses were angry devils who punished you for being late.

Cartoons probably had some role to play in that imagination. :oops:

Come to think of it, metaphorically that idea could be accurate.
evilparrot.gif

Punji

Daedric Prince of Secrets
I totally believed house hippos existed. That commercial was too real.

I also believed my parents were smart and knew a lot about everything.

Guifrog

Wafrog
I thought the mountains around our town emitted bird noises
I mean, I used to associate the landscape with that sound, which we would hear every day. And I thought, maybe the mountains made them somehow

More specifically, the rufous hornero calls:

Baron Tredegar

Ukraine Strong!

Fcomega121

Happy Pride Everyone!! | Friendly Maney+Phoenix
One of the things that I can recall from the top of my head, is that I used to believe that all asians were called Siameses instead of asians just because the Cat race was called like that xP
images (21).jpeg

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
I thought it hurt when men 'crossed the finish line'. The only time I heard people swear was when they were angry or in pain and some vids were ..

yea...

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena
Hoo boy, there's been a lot of weird stuff that found its way into the little yeen's head...

- I thought that cats and mice have an underground world of their own where they wage war against each other, and cats catching mice we see on the surface is just a small reflection of the carnage.

- Was convinced that the world is around 2000 years old and had great trouble fitting the dinosaurs into the picture.

- Thought that the Earth is flat and really wanted to see the edge. Got seriously upset when they told me it's not the case.

- Was hysterically afraid of the lightning - until my father explained to me that it's basically electricity as we have in sockets, only "wild". I stopped being scared in an instant.

- Could not believe that cartoons are hand drawn, thought that they are played by actors and then some special effect is applied to the film to make it look the way it does.

Baron Tredegar

Ukraine Strong!
- Was convinced that the world is around 2000 years old and had great trouble fitting the dinosaurs into the picture.
I grew up in a young earth creationist household so I understand how that feels.

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena
I grew up in a young earth creationist household so I understand how that feels.
Except I got this idea by myself somehow, by just looking at the calendar! Yet I imagine the shock must be similar when you finally get to learn that the world is much, much older.

P

PLEASE DELETE ACCOUNT

My dad told me duck sauce, was made from ducks. So I never used it and honestly I never even questioned it till much later in life- still don't like it till this day as a result.

Foxridley

A fox named Ridley
- Could not believe that cartoons are hand drawn, thought that they are played by actors and then some special effect is applied to the film to make it look the way it does.
I thought that they were people in costumes myself, and convinced all the kids in my daycare that this was the case.

Nexus Cabler

\ ( :v ) /
I used to think animals could speak like people, but simply refused to do it around any person, for some unexplainable reason that was incredibly important to them.

For a short time, I thought I could earn their trust, lol.

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
At my elementary school the floor was made out of tiles with this silver lining between tiles. I thought you had to walk on them OTHERWISE you'd loose life during halloween. xD

im a fucking moron I know.

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
At my elementary school the floor was made out of tiles with this silver lining between tiles. I thought you had to walk on them OTHERWISE you'd loose life during halloween. xD

im a fucking moron I know.
Still mega stupid.

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
I thought that the “best by” date printed on soda bottles meant that the soda would taste the best on that day.
So I used to hide 2 liter bottles from my siblings so that they could age like a fine wine.
now this, this is big brain