• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Strangest thing you've purchased recently?

Riley

Watch out for snakes!
I preordered Pokemon White, and I might be buying a cheap $15 airsoft rifle to use for a costume, along with some dummy grenades from the Army/Navy Store.

RedFoxTwo

Sarcastic Lurker
A WW2 childrens gas mask - which I then duly removed the Carbon granules from because they hindered my removing of the Asbestos laiden cloth, then I forgot to put the carbon back in - so I have a useless gas mask. Go me.

Fenrari

Prince of Wolves
A WW2 childrens gas mask - which I then duly removed the Carbon granules from because they hindered my removing of the Asbestos laiden cloth, then I forgot to put the carbon back in - so I have a useless gas mask. Go me.

Add a few layers of Kleenex and it's perfectly functional again, well that's what they did in WW1.

As for me....I have a Housepets shirt now :p

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
7 pieces of black foam board, 2 cans of spray paint (one copper, the other chrome), black paint, and some aluminum wire mesh.

With all that stuff, I managed to make an almost perfect replica of the Silent Hill 3 version of Pyramid Head's helmet in one weekend. Now I get to possibly do that again this year because I destroyed the other one I made. I can make it better this time.

Wreth

GERTY
7 pieces of black foam board, 2 cans of spray paint (one copper, the other chrome), black paint, and some aluminum wire mesh.

With all that stuff, I managed to make an almost perfect replica of the Silent Hill 3 version of Pyramid Head's helmet in one weekend. Now I get to possibly do that again this year because I destroyed the other one I made. I can make it better this time.

Awesome

moonchylde

He's like, this guy, you know?
A six-hundred watt hand-held spotlight; got it at a yard sale for a dime. Worked for about an hour, then burned out, and I have no idea where to buy a replacement bulb. To bad, though, thing was brighter then the sun.

Also picked up a couple Kodachrome 8mm cameras at the same yard sale, quarter a piece. One is wind up, the other's battery powered, and they both have (full, unfortunatly) film cartridges. If I can't find anyone that sells film for them and I can't find a buyer, they're probably going to end up as donor parts for some rather interesting goggles.

Nyloc

Evil villain
A hat.

<CaliforniaStripes>

Form of a.. College Nerd!
arm warmers 4 different pairs in fact try and get something to go with the collar my boyfriend bought me

Pine

smell-good badger
my payment history

YESTERDAY:
$2 - Large Fries (my brunch)
$2 - Bacon Air Freshener (for my friend's car, an old cop car)
$5 - Magic Mushroom Incense
$3 - Ghostbuster's Buttons
$5 - Ivy Hat to put buttons on
$8.5 - Movie Ticket
$20 - money pitched in for restaurant
$2 - money pitched in for tip

TODAY:
$2.5 - smoothie (brunch)
$6 - Cheetos
$3 - Doritos
$12 - Hot Pockets
(snackage for the room mates)

Ames

it smells like dust and moon light
A tacpen, because I realized bringing a concealed knife with you into some places could be a little more than just risky.

Though I kinda doubt how useful this thing would be in a real emergency. :V

Jaden

That is irrelevant
A lamp that is a radio at the same time

selskie

Last week I bought a phototube relay. It's got a vacuum tube sticking out of it and a painted tube with a strip of selenium inside it. It's like a solar cell, but from the '30s.