• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Stream Help?

TheCoyoteQueen

DarkBlood
I want to start live streaming again but my streams are really lagged! Like more than 3-5 minutes behind. Can anyone help me figure out why or maybe suggest a new stream software? Right now I am using Streamlabs OBS and my watchers watch me thru Picarto!

-Coyote

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
I had to switch to OBS studio since it was giving me trouble.

The 3-5 minute lag might be because of your internet and some of your buffering features, though.

UBA

Digital Artist
You're always going to have some sort of latency, but yeah up to five minutes seems like a lot.

So long as you're not dropping frames your viewers should still be able to watch without interruption.

You could double check your streaming settings to make sure you're targeting a streaming server close to where you live.

If you're dropping frames then you may need to lower your bit rate and quality as well.

Good luck!
-UBA

TheCoyoteQueen

DarkBlood
So I have both stream labs and studio on my desktop I didn't know I have both. I think I used to use studio and changed to streamlabs because it was suggested. I think maybe I will try and see if studio will work better. Someone else told be to lower my frames, is that a bad thing?

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
So I have both stream labs and studio on my desktop I didn't know I have both. I think I used to use studio and changed to streamlabs because it was suggested. I think maybe I will try and see if studio will work better. Someone else told be to lower my frames, is that a bad thing?
No, it's not a bad thing. It just makes it easier for your stream to load. You don't have to stream at high def.

When testing it yourself you're going to have some latency because your computer has to both render and load.

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes