• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

"Streaming Now" submissions

KalystoWolf

is going to raep jur faice
1) we all know NO ONE READS JOURNALS.
2) submissions on the front page never last even 10 minutes. There are a lot of submission being submitted every so often.
3) if one person really bother you with those same thumbnails, then simply unwatch.
4) those streaming now submission do in fact get you more viewers and most of the time more watchers.

i do agree that a separate function would be nice tho.it'll infact save some space on the servers. but as long as its not much of a problem, the admins don't really care about this and are into bigger things..like MAKING THE SITE LOOK BETTER AND STUFF. y'know?

Werewolfhero

Mageknight Werewolf
I'd say DON'T allow them unless the admin are willing to fix the "submission has been deleted by user" boxes, so that users can opt out of having them cluttering up their new submissions inbox.

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
1) Both the submission thumbnail and the submission itself must show art previously not posted to the user's FA account. This may be a WIP the artist will be working on during streaming or a previously unposted finished work in the same style as what the artist intends to create during the streaming session.
2) Primitive 1-color pics with a "streaming now" text on it are prohibited
3) When done with the streaming, the advertisement submission must be moved to scraps OR the image file must be replaced with a version without the "streaming now" text or any other aspects added to the art in order to advertise the streaming session. If the former, the piece must be removed when the piece is finally done.

^ this

Silachan

Sila
Okay then ....
since we need a solution that satisfies the majority of users without harming the minority in the process: what would you guys suggest?
A few proposals to fire up your grey cells a bit ;-)
- "Now streaming" submissions are only allowedif they meet the following criteria
1) Both the submission thumbnail and the submission itself must show the WIP the artist is working on during streaming <- What if someone is just doing random doodles for whoever shows up in the stream, and therefore isn't actually working on something beforehand?
2) Primitive 1-color pics with a "streaming now" text on it are prohibited - agreed
3) When done with the streaming, the advertisement submission must be moved to scraps. <- agreed. I put them in scraps often anyway.
-When the piece is finally done, they must be removed. Some people actually fave and enjoy the WIP. I've had a few of those.

Your turn.

^

The other option--one that would admittedly take much more work on the part of the FA staff and site coders--would be to have a new category in addition to gallery/scraps/journals, where one can simply click on that they are streaming. The artist could place the link to their direct stream channel in this new part of their overall page. Watchers would be alerted in their inbox as a new message (perhaps grouped with the other non-submission messages like journals and comments) in its own category. There could even be a new section on the front page of users who just started streaming, moving in the same fashion as the recent submissions to continually update the list for the newest person to start streaming. And when they're done...the artist clicks off the alert, and the resulting messages go away for watchers/front page.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
I honestly don't really mind. It's a creative use of the system that doesn't break any rules. Good on 'em for thinking of it. I'm sure it gets a lot more immediate exposure than journals (which everyone just skims and mass-deletes anyway).

Range

Round D O G E
I honestly don't really mind. It's a creative use of the system that doesn't break any rules. Good on 'em for thinking of it. I'm sure it gets a lot more immediate exposure than journals (which everyone just skims and mass-deletes anyway).

AUP said:
Flooding is prohibited. Flooding is considered to occur when:

1. Three or more images (with only minor variations between them) are uploaded to a gallery.

Another way, playing a little off of that having a tab to show when they're streaming, is have something in the control panel. Sorta like submissions and stuff, have a streaming part. The user that's streaming would go in, check a box that they're streaming, copy-paste the link, and hit send. The users that watch the artist would get a little notification somewhere in the form of a list that shows all users that are currently streaming.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
Flooding is prohibited. Flooding is considered to occur when:

1. Three or more images (with only minor variations between them) are uploaded to a gallery.

There's only one image being uploaded at a time, and it's taken down before the next one is put up. Re-read that rule.

Also, it gets doubly as annoying when someone posts both a submission AND a journal at the same time that they're streaming. x.x

BTW, does it strain the servers any extra to have all these uploads and deletions of "now streaming" submissions?

Nall

Badger on Blow
BTW, does it strain the servers any extra to have all these uploads and deletions of "now streaming" submissions?
No, it's just really annoying.

@Admins: make the "This" button work on all forums please. Reading repetative posts is boring.
Nevermind. Looks like a need to tweak some things in the security software still, cause it wasn't showing up.

Last edited: