• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Stupid people in school.

Commiecomrade

Maximum Awesome.
you're from the uk
you've never been within 500 miles of our school system
you're not allowed to comment on it
get the picture?

I'm in America.
I'm in the school system.
I'm allowed to comment on it.
It needs some actual funding.

Love!

Banned
Banned
I'm in America.
I'm in the school system.
I'm allowed to comment on it.
It needs some actual funding.
maybe you should do some research
the united states of america spends more money on public education than any other country in the world
and yet we have people like you running around willy-nilly--
that is, people who think being able to talk and type automatically makes them qualified to have an opinion on something

the problem isn't too little money
the problem is too much bullshit:
bullshit teaching methods and bullshit curricula adopted and enforced by bullshit school boards

Calemeyr

Vere Adeptus
I've seen kids goofing off in class not giving a damn. I learned quite well in my school, but I see these kids just don't care. Sometimes the school environment is to blame, sometimes it's home, and other times its just the kids are lazy good for nothings.

This third category is comprised of Paris Hiltons, kids who rebel against their parents because they didn't buy them a hummer, and the chronically untalented. The first group will end up leeching off their rich parents while not contributing anything to society. The second will be kidnapped, mugged, or will get lost after running away from their upper-middle class homes. The third class will become professional slackers. Generally it's environmental, but sometimes it's the kids, who just need a good slap on the face.

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
the united states of america spends more money on public education than any other country in the world
that is, people who think being able to talk and type automatically makes them qualified to have an opinion on something
Citation needed!
Furthermore, if you're implying that throwing money at something makes it good, then you're not too bright. It's the efficiency with which the money is used; how much of that budget is used on buying software - and how much of that budget is used on teaching the teachers to utilize its potential? Not only that, but you have to disregard the actual volume of the budget and ask - how much cash is available per student? $1m dollars doesn't do much when you've got a few thousand students.

bullshit teaching methods and bullshit curricula adopted and enforced by bullshit school boards

Perhaps you'd be better off in charge; how many hours per week should a school devote to sciences, mathematics, literacy-? Modern languages? How would this time be best applied in each lesson?
Define bullshit, or else you're just in denial about your social standing in school and blaming the curricula for your failings in friendships.

look, i fixed that for you
do try to learn the difference
Interesting bard, chap, and a useful, informative, and constructive argument.

Last edited:

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
For interest's sake I took your hypocritical challenge to 'do some actual research'.

You're not top in either primary or secondary school spending.

Care to share what makes you 'qualified to have an opinion' on education?

Adelio Altomar

Rat-Sized Superiority Complex
10th grade geometry class:

Me, seeking some interesting discussion: "So who would you vote for in the Democratic primaries?"
This dumb chick: "The giiiirl!"
Me: "Uh... why, then?"
Chick: "'Cause she's a giiiirl!"
Me: *rolls eyes*

11th grade:

I'm talking with this one person about Bush (then-president, after '08 election) and about how the democrats are finally going into power again and all that malarkey about how we're going to take a step in the right direction again and then she interjects, "No, that can't be good. 'Cause Democrat is what Bush and Bush is evil!"

I simply sighed and walked off. Never spoke to that person again.

12th grade health science:

-I got stuck in a class with a bunch of sophomores and freshman who LOVE to talk about how the world is ending in 2012 and all that bullshit. I can't understand why they'd believe that shit.

Same class and year:
Some right-wing, conservative idiot: "You do realize homosexuality is wrong and that it's just gross."
Me: *I just look at him*
Him: "So... are you gay?"
Me: "Why do you care?" -_-
Him: "I don't. Just asking."

There's plenty more. I should probably write a journal about it sometime. :p

D

Don

10th grade geometry class:
Me, seeking some interesting discussion: "So who would you vote for in the Democratic primaries?"
This dumb chick: "The giiiirl!"
Me: "Uh... why, then?"
Chick: "'Cause she's a giiiirl!"
Me: *rolls eyes*

I've heard this atrocity myself, though it was for Obama because he was black.

Torrijos-sama

The Artist Formerly Known as Jesusfish
-Were the Wobblies were the inspiration for Weebles?
-Did Karl Marx have any brothers in vaudeville?
-We should attack the Russians for attacking Atlanta.( 2008, during the South Ossetia war in Georgia, the country)
-North Korea is democrat, right?

*25 minute discussion of Alaska:

prim. "I've been to Alaska before."
sec. "What part?"
prim. "Vancouver."

These are all reasons that I support conservatives.

I don't want any of my income going towards the wellbeing of these monumental RETARDS, regardless of their race, gender, religious affiliation, familial relationship, or political convictions.

Yrr

I [REDACTED]
Oh cool, I started an argument.

I love it when Americans get all defensive~

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
So it's bad for some guys to not like it in the butt?

It was that he said he didn't care about his sexuality - right after telling him that ass is 'wrong and just gross'. Or at least, that's what I took from it.

It's similar to anti-semitics saying "Jews are vile leechers of the earth. Oh, by the way, if you're a Jew, you can tell me, I don't mind."

RogueSareth

Glitter Eater
This didn't happen at school but rather out at my birthday dinner several years ago at the local japanese resturant. Our waitress came up and was talking to us and saying how she hoped the cook didn't swear too much because he had a habit of it, but it was ok because he was a ballroom dancer. She herself couldn't dance and had "two left feet" my sister being the blonde she is asked the waitress how she bought shoes >.< and my cousin being the smartass he is said she had to buy two pairs of the same shoe and throw the right ones out. My sister though he was serious -_-

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon

WolfGuy100

10th grade: I was in World History with my ex-friend (thanks goodness...I hate that guy. He doesn't know though), I heard a clamor of his "friends" pressuring him into doing the worm. Good thing he's a very very STUPID person, he just went ahead and do it. Except, it was really a worm dance, it was just more like...fish flopping on dry surface. :V Everybody laughed in the class and I just facepalmed.

Good thing I don't see him much. :D

Love!

Banned
Banned
Citation needed!
Furthermore, if you're implying that throwing money at something makes it good, then you're not too bright.
That's the exact opposite of the point I was making. Now who's not too bright? :p

Love!

Banned
Banned
Okay, this entire post is serious business. If you were hoping for cutesy space-case Love!, don't bother reading it. There are few things I hate more than non-Americans acting like they know how to fix America. They're like those obnoxious people who constantly give unwanted advice to new parents.

Picking up where I left off...

It's the efficiency with which the money is used; how much of that budget is used on buying software - and how much of that budget is used on teaching the teachers to utilize its potential?
More importantly, how do you figure that receiving money makes people smarter?

Not only that, but you have to disregard the actual volume of the budget and ask - how much cash is available per student? $1m dollars doesn't do much when you've got a few thousand students.
Is it your superior British education that lets you so readily point out the obvious? Or are you simply more condescending than even myself?

Perhaps you'd be better off in charge; how many hours per week should a school devote to sciences, mathematics, literacy-? Modern languages? How would this time be best applied in each lesson?
Ha, ha, ha. "Since you obviously have all the answers, let's put you in charge!"
FYI: That's not an argument. That's not a counterpoint. That's not a rebuttal. That's pure arrogance, and nothing more. Nobody has all the answers--but, as a wise man once said "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten." And what the USA always does is throw money at problems expecting them to go away. Maybe that works in jolly old England, but it doesn't work here.

Define bullshit
Oh, gee, I don't know. Off the top of my head I can think of these bullshit subjects...
-Intelligent Design [Approved by many, many school boards in the United States.]
-Public Speaking
-Physical Education
-"Self-Esteem" [Did you know teachers aren't allowed to use red pen to grade things anymore?]
-"Character Education" [For starters, what does that even mean?]

As for bullshit teaching methods, well...
-Endless ditto sheets [Excuse me, but aren't you supposed to be teaching the class, rather than Xerox?]
-Endless homework [Various studies have shown that homework is not a good learning tool. Practice makes perfect, but three hours of homework a night is overkill.]
-Group projects [The smart kids end up doing all the work, and the useless people just coast. NS]
-Channel One News [I don't know what they call it at other schools, or if it's even shown, but nobody actually bothered watching that program when I was in school. Most teenagers don't care what's going on in the world until they get older, and the ones who do will generally find time to watch the news on their own.]
-Block scheduling [Unfortunately, there is only so much you can learn per day in any given subject. Besides that, work expands to fill the allotted time, so longer periods just mean students will waste more time and learn less.]

Finally, these aren't easy to rattle off in list form, but schools do a terrible job teaching history and civics in general. Obviously, this is good for the establishment [though I do not pretend this is part of some conspiracy; widespread apathy in general is innately beneficial to governments] and bad for the people. But the United States, despite having been a nation for just 235 years this July, has at one point or another stood toe to toe with every major world power, endured quite a few economic crises, survived a civil war over the issue of secession, and even threw out its first constitution and started over from scratch, while at the same time being one of the first experiments in limited government, representative democracy, free press, free speech, life, liberty, property, and the pursuit of happiness. There is nothing inherently boring about that, and I strongly question the patriotism of any teacher who cannot or will not hammer home the idea that the very existence of this country--even with all the growing pains it's going through now--is equal parts miracle and masterpiece. No, despite what the textbooks may say, the founding fathers weren't perfect, the government isn't perfect, our origins as a nation aren't perfect, but history cannot justifiably be taught to children the way it is now--as lies from kindergarten to high school, and as dull reminiscences from then to graduation. Nor can civics, in a country where fewer than 50% of eligible voters even turn out to the national elections, and almost nobody keeps up with state and local politics, which are vastly more important from a day-to-day standpoint.

This kind of apathy doesn't happen in a vacuum. Some people say learning should be fun, and I tend to agree with that. Some people also say that it's easiest to have fun with something when you're good at it, and I mostly agree with that, too. But natural talent only goes so far; when schools fail the gifted, the normal, and the needy alike, that's when only fools and liars will shout down anyone who argues against the Way Things Are while flashing each other the O.K. Bunny behind their backs.

Then again, you don't live in the United States, so you don't actually know anything about what's going on here.

or else you're just in denial about your social standing in school and blaming the curricula for your failings in friendships.
Why, exactly, is my assertion that throwing money at problems doesn't solve them so offensive to you? Or are you, perhaps, merely angry that I don't immediately accept you as America's one and only savior just because you happen to live in Europe?

Oh cool, I started an argument.

I love it when Americans get all defensive~
While you and your countrymen will never match Americans in military might, idealism, natural resources, labor, patriotism, population, or raw land area, I will readily admit that the British remain unmatched in the field of being ignorant assholes.

Last edited:

Adelio Altomar

Rat-Sized Superiority Complex
Reading these are really making my day.

So it's bad for some guys to not like it in the butt?

Boy, you misunderstood that. -_-

It was that he said he didn't care about his sexuality - right after telling him that ass is 'wrong and just gross'. Or at least, that's what I took from it.

It's similar to anti-semitics saying "Jews are vile leechers of the earth. Oh, by the way, if you're a Jew, you can tell me, I don't mind."

Pretty much this. Why express your disgust with gays and then outright ask me if I am one right afterwards? I certainly ain't gonna tell ya! :V

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.

bullshit teaching methods and bullshit curricula adopted and enforced by bullshit school board
s

I know we had a disagreement in another thread, but I have to agree here.

furvien

Sniper Wolfie
3rd year we were all in art class and a guy we all knew went past the door with his arms loaded high with books we hear him drop all the books and then a great big neardy scream of "myyyyyyyy knnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesss!!!" we were laughing for the rest of the class...

Clutch

As a madder a Fact, today in art class this girl was at the sink to clean off her paint pallet. When all of a Sudden she blurred out "F**K! I got paint on my new shirt" the teacher is like "Falesha, stop cursing in my art class." She then said, "No it's a brand new shirt and your stupid paint bottle was loose and spilled paint on my shirt, and now your Gonna have to buy me a new Shirt".

Monster.

The future Mrs. Schmuck
As a madder a Fact, today in art class this girl was at the sink to clean off her paint pallet. When all of a Sudden she blurred out "F**K! I got paint on my new shirt" the teacher is like "Falesha, stop cursing in my art class." She then said, "No it's a brand new shirt and your stupid paint bottle was loose and spilled paint on my shirt, and now your Gonna have to buy me a new Shirt".

Why the fuck do prissy girls feel the need to dress up all pretty when they know they have a class that's probably going to be messy?

(To stay on topic) I walked into class late one day and told my teacher that I woke up late. This idiot girl in my class who was desperate to be my friend told me, "Set your alarm to call me and wake you up!"