• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Stuttering Furs

Water Draco

Next LondonFurs?? Please stay tuned
Don't stutter as such but with the way dyslexia affects me it can affect my speech causing difficulty with articulating complex word sounds.

So I ether get stuck repeatedly trying to say a word correctly that I'm having difficulty with. But mostly I try to plan what I am saying ahead in realtime so I can substitute words. Or completely restructure what it is I am saying to try and maintain the context of what I am saying so that I can use words that can pronounce.

Don't stutter as such but with the way dyslexia affects me it can affect my speech causing difficulty with articulating complex word sounds.

So I ether get stuck repeatedly trying to say a word correctly that I'm having difficulty with. But mostly I try to plan what I am saying ahead in realtime so I can substitute words. Or completely restructure what it is I am saying to try and maintain the context of what I am saying so that I can use words that can pronounce.
It's the same mentally draining process with stuttering. Luckily I've been a bit more out with it in recent months, which has really boosted my self esteem. What you described is called circumlocution (I thinks thats how it's spelled). Its 'talking around the word.' Most people who stutter do it.

Z

ZeroVoidTime

I do not stutter irl but sometimes when pronounce words I slur and mispronounce it. (The word thriller is one of them.)

Jackpot Raccuki

Fucking Racon
I wouldn't say I stutter, but i'm not a very social person so words sometimes don't appear and I go mute mode and keep my mouth shut.

Shoutout to those furries who stuttered during a roast. May the pain be swift and almost harmless.

I wouldn't say I stutter, but i'm not a very social person so words sometimes don't appear and I go mute mode and keep my mouth shut.

Shoutout to those furries who stuttered during a roast. May the pain be swift and almost harmless.
Oh it sucks ass when that happens. However, if anyone starts to laugh, you can pull out the disability card which usually shuts 'em up pretty quick.