• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Style Consistency

I've been having a problem sticking to a style, it's fun to play around with different looks but I'm starting to wonder how people get consistent in their work. Any advise?
Art by me, easy to see I can't seem to find a style to stick with lol.
BloodyDahlia.png
Whimsyicontitle.png

Anthrasmagoria

Space Cadet
I like to experiment with different styles too.

Artists usually develop a style from using their favourite colour blends, or brushes, pens, etc. I can sometimes recognize an artist's work from a thumbnail from their use of colours alone, not to mention how they like to draw faces and bodies.

If you want to develop a particular "style" I wouldn't know what to tell you, other than to just let things out naturally. I never liked my own digital style all that much but in the end it settled down into a "sketchy painting" style I was happy with, and other people seemed to like it too.

TallmanClay

want taco
I have a style simply because I'm inept at doing anything else. I ended up doing more realistic stuff just because I couldn't figure out how to do lineart. So no advice. Just curious, is it so bad to have a variety? I think it's impressive that you can do so many things.

I like to experiment with different styles too.

Artists usually develop a style from using their favourite colour blends, or brushes, pens, etc. I can sometimes recognize an artist's work from a thumbnail from their use of colours alone, not to mention how they like to draw faces and bodies.

If you want to develop a particular "style" I wouldn't know what to tell you, other than to just let things out naturally. I never liked my own digital style all that much but in the end it settled down into a "sketchy painting" style I was happy with, and other people seemed to like it too.
hmmm maybe trying new brushes will be a good idea for me, practice makes perfect I suppose lol

I have a style simply because I'm inept at doing anything else. I ended up doing more realistic stuff just because I couldn't figure out how to do lineart. So no advice. Just curious, is it so bad to have a variety? I think it's impressive that you can do so many things.
Aw thanks! Variety is good and fun, just makes commissions difficult at times since my style flip-flops around so much lol

Admirabilis

Distressed Bi
Most of my friends that say they have inconsistent styles, has some form of consistency to it aha.

I'm a bit picky with what I want my art to achieve. So I kinda ended up sticking with one way of drawing. It's still subject to change though, it's still pretty generic.

I guess consistency is just something that happens naturally, when you draw more