• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Subconscious answering machine

Kiru-kun

Cutest lil bastard ever
Hey there, FaF. I think this is my first off topic, and it would be something, that seems to be a frequent occurrence in my life now a days.

So, here's what it is. From time to time when I'm sleeping, I've had people come in and say that they have woken me up at some point in the day, though, I don't remember this happening at all, everything is pretty much blank until I wake up, all I remember is being asleep.

People have stated that they've had "Full conversations" and even at some points I've "Completely sat up, eyes wide open, and answered them back" only to lay back down and snap right back into la-la land.

So, my question to you, FaF, if has this ever happened to you? Have you given someone the, what I'm starting to call, subconscious answering machine? Or am I just bonkers and have a poor memory.?

L

LizardKing

That would involve having someone wake me up.

That doesn't happen.

Neoi

Lone Wolf
Hmmm.. sounds scary. I have never had this happen to me. Maybe you are a deep sleep walker.

Ibuuyk

Icon made by Littlerock!
I know I can have full conversations with someone when I sleep thanks to sleep talking, but actually standing up and opening my eyes? Nope.

Hey there, FaF. I think this is my first off topic, and it would be something, that seems to be a frequent occurrence in my life now a days.

So, here's what it is. From time to time when I'm sleeping, I've had people come in and say that they have woken me up at some point in the day, though, I don't remember this happening at all, everything is pretty much blank until I wake up, all I remember is being asleep.

People have stated that they've had "Full conversations" and even at some points I've "Completely sat up, eyes wide open, and answered them back" only to lay back down and snap right back into la-la land.

So, my question to you, FaF, if has this ever happened to you? Have you given someone the, what I'm starting to call, subconscious answering machine? Or am I just bonkers and have a poor memory.?

Reminds me of Fight Club.

Kiru-kun

Cutest lil bastard ever
I know I can have full conversations with someone when I sleep thanks to sleep talking, but actually standing up and opening my eyes? Nope.

Oh, I don't stand up, I just like, sit up on the bed. If I was standing up, then I'd be worried!

Hmmm.. sounds scary. I have never had this happen to me. Maybe you are a deep sleep walker.

Surprisingly, I'm not a deep sleeper. Waking me up is as easy as poking me in the shoulder. Be from time to time.. People get the answering machine.

Neoi

Lone Wolf
Oh, I don't stand up, I just like, sit up on the bed. If I was standing up, then I'd be worried!

Surprisingly, I'm not a deep sleeper. Waking me up is as easy as poking me in the shoulder. Be from time to time.. People get the answering machine.

I looked it up and apparently its normal to have conversations while your asleep, Many people have had the same things happening to them. So you don't have to worry. But you also could have terrible amnesia but i dought it unless you've damaged your brain at all in your life.

Rilvor

Formal when angry
I am familiar with this.

I am also familiar with the fascinating thing that is the disjointed thoughts of the subconscious mind; There have been times when I could recall that which my subconscious spoke for me in the morning, what strange and disjointed things!