• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Bug/Site Problem: 'Submission deleted' placeholders....

Stratelier

We all know how these occasionally show up in your watchlist CP pages, but I didn't realize they also show up during normal favesurfing -- i.e., while browsing a user's Favorites.

For example:
- http://www.furaffinity.net/favorites/qaoss/

Note the placeholder in place of thumbnail #3 (when Mature Viewing is enabled). And yes, ANYBODY can see the placeholders.

Also note, they don't show up if Mature Viewing is disabled, but there's a simple SQL explanation for that behavior.

Still, these placeholders should only ever show up on a user's private CP pages (if at all).

Valerion

Agreed. Currently I have 3 consecutive pages of this, when viewed as 48 items per page. Makes browsing (and enjoying) your favourites harder to do.

Some people I watch removed their entire galleries, and I guess this is where I faved one of them. Impossible to say who, and I can't find a way to remove them.

ArielMT

'Net Help Desk
If it's in your own favorites, then go to Control Panel -> Favorites and click on the Remove link underneath the deleted submission.

Edit: Unlike in the Favorites gallery, the deleted submission placeholder won't show up. Instead, the thumbnail will simply not load, and clicking on the placeholder text "thumbnail" will lead to the usual "Fatal System Error" page saying the submission is not in the database.

Last edited:

Valerion

Yes, that works. However:

1) There are siome of my favs for which the thumbnail doesn't load, but the submission still exist if I click on it. It just displays as "thumbnail". And there are deleted submissions that simply show up as "thumbnail" because they don't exist on the server any more. Differentiating between these means I need to click on every submission before removing it.

2) If I remove a submission on page 50 of my favs, I get sent back to the first page. So I have to go back to that page first, then remove the next one.

Doing this for several hundred (by my estimation) such entries is not fun at all.

Link Wolf

Well, I wanna control Pop Star
2) If I remove a submission on page 50 of my favs, I get sent back to the first page. So I have to go back to that page first, then remove the next one.

Doing this for several hundred (by my estimation) such entries is not fun at all.

Tabbed browsing. It's an amazing invention. Middle click each thumbnail on a page to open them in a new tab, delete them there, close tabs, move to the next page.

Valerion

Tabbed browsing. It's an amazing invention. Middle click each thumbnail on a page to open them in a new tab, delete them there, close tabs, move to the next page.

I don't think I was entirely clear. Some thumbnails simply don't show up, even though they are valid. This is likely an upstream proxy issue, but still not something I can do anything about. Yes, opening them in tabs does indeed show the /view/ page, but I don't want to unfav them at all. The rest are the deleted items. If you open them in tabs, you get a system error page. No link to remove them exists, and they are the ones I want to get rid of. If you click on the "Remove" link it does get removed, and you get thrown back to the first page of your favorites. The assumption here is that you never want to do mass unfaving, I assume.