• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Bug/Site Problem: Submission Notifications Not Appearing

PheagleAdler

DrakeDragon

I haven't gotten a single submission/journal notification all day. I wonder how many I've missed? :T

Why don't they just disable submissions until this DB maintenance finishes?

Temrin

I haven't gotten a single submission/journal notification all day. I wonder how many I've missed? :T

I'd agree with that. it sucks not to be able to submit, but at least no one is missing anything or posting things for no reason, right? XD

rwpikul

I'd agree with that. it sucks not to be able to submit, but at least no one is missing anything or posting things for no reason, right? XD

At the very least, have the notice strongly suggest not posting due to the notification problem.

PheagleAdler

scruffysecond

DrakeDragon

Lol as if the site administration will comment on it now

They sure haven't so far other than that misleading notice

Speaking of which in the past two days I've gotten ONE submission notification. One. This isn't a "minor problem." Pretty sure we passed the 24-36 hour mark sometime last night too.

Last edited:

Tag365

I have recieved only one notification today, when I should have recieved more than one notification.

STrRedWolf

Lazy-ass Drygerskunk
um...in Sillyville?

Nah, it's the only way I can keep track on the seasonal time shifts. Eastern Silly Time and Eastern Demented Time, because it's silly to be out in the cold and holding bar-b-ques as late as possibile every day anywhere is absolutely demented.

rwpikul

Pretty sure we passed the 24-36 hour mark sometime last night too.

Blowing the time estimation on something like this isn't strange. Large processing jobs often change speed as things progress and it is easy to misjudge the curve, (if it slows down as things progress you can often be a quarter of the way through before it becomes noticeable).

sethtriggs

Yeah I've been burned like this just copying files to another computer. Things were going along swimmingly until it started choking on a block of files. Annoying but that's how computers are.

It'll be done when it's done.

Thanatos2k

So is this going to be fixed? I have only 13 submission notifications for the entire day of yesterday so I know a whole bunch of stuff got munched.

Are lost submissions going to eventually come through or do I need to go through each and every single person's gallery on my watch list?

If not, you need to disable submissions now. This is worse than the site being down because if the site was down people wouldn't be submitting stuff that might as well be lost forever since no one will know about it.

Valery91Thunder

Slasher Movies & Devil's Music
I'm sorry, does the bug concern only drawings and journals or even notes?

Valery91Thunder

Slasher Movies & Devil's Music
Oh bummer. :/

PheagleAdler

I got a note from someone 11 hours ago and they have over 10,000 watchers. I don't think notes are involved anyway, as the notification only goes to one user.

By my understanding, it's the notification batch division system that's broken. Individual notifications, such as notes, shouts, and comments shouldn't be affected.

Then again this is FA's coding system we're talking about...