• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Bug/Site Problem: Submission Notifications Not Appearing

rwpikul

One thing I have suggested to a couple artists is to make a journal rounding up their activity during this time of troubles, perhaps combined with a submission for those that ignore journals.

PheagleAdler

One thing I have suggested to a couple artists is to make a journal rounding up their activity during this time of troubles, perhaps combined with a submission for those that ignore journals.

works for me

STrRedWolf

Lazy-ass Drygerskunk
Work arounds among work-arounds.

I doubt these multi-people notifications are being sent from a queue. But I would regenerate those notifications. Give folks a heads-up that the missing notifications will be regenerated, and do it. If folks complain, say "DID YOU READ THE FREAKIN' NOTICE WE LEFT YOU?!?" and then gauge intelligence as appropriate.

rjbartrop

Yes, having to do work arounds is annoying, and takes up time that could be better spend drawing cute fox girls, but exploring alternatives is still better than sitting there quoting Private Hudson.

Notes still work, so you can still post stuff and contact individual clients on the status of their work, so I'm all for keeping submissions going while this is being sorted out.

Kalmor

Banned
Banned
Database maintenance is complete. Notifications should be working now but the site may be slower than usual until the database backlog gets processed.

D

drpickelle

Database maintenance is complete. Notifications should be working now but the site may be slower than usual until the database backlog gets processed.

I saw that, and tried to submit something I've been sitting on since this all started; but notifications are still not being sent out on pieces I upload. I also got a database error when it uploaded. I waited about 20 minutes, and in that time, only six people viewed it, which is a lot lower than normal. Checked via my trade group/alt account as well, and didn't get a notification for the submission there either.

Is this because of the backlog, or is there still an issue with the notification system?

[[EDIT]]: Tried again this morning and it worked fine. Not sure what was going on before; maybe I tried too early after the notice was posted? o3o

Glad the site is back up and running! ;D

Last edited by a moderator:

PheagleAdler

I saw that, and tried to submit something I've been sitting on since this all started; but notifications are still not being sent out on pieces I upload. I also got a database error when it uploaded. I waited about 20 minutes, and in that time, only six people viewed it, which is a lot lower than normal. Checked via my trade group/alt account as well, and didn't get a notification for the submission there either.

Is this because of the backlog, or is there still an issue with the notification system?

odd, it shouldn't be affecting new notifications according to the site update.

HoshiKitsunuki

The Doctress
I am again getting database error messages and my watchers are not receiving notifications when I do. If I don't get a database error, everything is normal. To compensate I have simply chosen to submit the art till it goes through without issues. This should not be what I need to do in order to get my watchers notified, however. It's only making the site work harder. And making me (and probably many more people) frustrated.

PheagleAdler

Background database maintenance is complete. New content notifications should be going out normally.A sizable amount of work has queued up internally and it will take up to a week for the database to catch up, possibly resulting in reduced site performance for the duration.

I wonder if this issue is related to reduced performance?