• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Psy-mon

Hey everyone! My friend and I are thinking of starting a business; we're planning on making subscription boxes for furries! We're planning on doing this every second or third month so we can have high quality items.

For those wondering, a subscription box is a service that you subscribe to to receive a package every month pertaining to a particular interest. Some examples would be; Lootcrate, Munchpak, and Barkbox.

I have a few questions that I would appreciate if folks took the time to answer.

I was wondering what folks would like to see in a subscription box?

The price range you'd like?

What country do you live in?

Edit: We now have a website!
Boxsona Official

Last edited:

Psy-mon

What kind of stuff will be in these?
The things we have thought of so far are plushies/stuffed animals, collectable art prints, t-shirts, figurines, hats, posters, mugs/glasses, furry books/comics/games, and animal print collectibles.

We would also like to partner with various furry conventions to great 'Con Survival Boxes'; this would have things like collectables related to the convention, prints from attending artists, snacks and energy drinks, party supplies and food vouchers.

Zipline

Noodle Fish
Id buy that. But it would have to be competitive based on other boxes so if it is REALLY amazing then $20 but most people stop buying at $15. Would be a good idea to advertise on FA. A good company to team up with would be the tails and Tactics group: Tails and Tactics, a Collectible Card Game Maybe they could give you a deal of some kind and put about 5 random cards in each box. Then both of you would profit.

Psy-mon

Id buy that. But it would have to be competitive based on other boxes so if it is REALLY amazing then $20 but most people stop buying at $15. Would be a good idea to advertise on FA. A good company to team up with would be the tails and Tactics group: Tails and Tactics, a Collectible Card Game Maybe they could give you a deal of some kind and put about 5 random cards in each box. Then both of you would profit.
We don't plan on doing this every month and instead doing a box every two or three months. It allows us to source greater things and work with a larger budget. Thank you for the suggestions and letting us know about Tails and Tactics; we want to work with other furries with businesses and help each other out.
We hope to see you in the future! :3

DravenDonovan

You can call me Oni~
That sounds pretty cool :3 As far as pricing goes idk if any of us could help with that. We could give what we'd like to see, but it also depends on the quality of the merch and how much is in the box.
Say it is high quality stuff, if we say $20, there may be 1 maybe 2 items in the box, but if it isn't high quality, maybe a little bit more. But realistically there won't be a lot unless you want to lose money in the deal.
Maybe could have different priced boxes depending on quality and how much merch is in each one?

Psy-mon

That sounds pretty cool :3 As far as pricing goes idk if any of us could help with that. We could give what we'd like to see, but it also depends on the quality of the merch and how much is in the box.
Say it is high quality stuff, if we say $20, there may be 1 maybe 2 items in the box, but if it isn't high quality, maybe a little bit more. But realistically there won't be a lot unless you want to lose money in the deal.
Maybe could have different priced boxes depending on quality and how much merch is in each one?
Thanks! Glad you like the idea. :3
Without thinking of the price of items, how much we will fit into a box, or any other factor like that, what would you personally like to see in our box?
The model of having choice in boxes in terms of size and price is fantastic and I love what other subscription business have done in that regard. It's something to keep in mind for the future when we grow. :3

ZacAttackk

professional procrastinator
Sounds exciting! I'm interested ^^

I live in the UK, I wouldn't spend more than about 10-£15 :p

Another thing you could have in the boxes are other accessories, like ears or a tail, or clip on wings etc.

FoxInTheCloset

The Over Caffeinated Vulpine
This sounds like a wonderful way to acquire some furry stuff. I would probably pay $20something USD for this.

Psy-mon

Sounds exciting! I'm interested ^^

I live in the UK, I wouldn't spend more than about 10-£15 :p

Another thing you could have in the boxes are other accessories, like ears or a tail, or clip on wings etc.
Thanks for the input! We've definitely been playing with the idea of ears and tails, but I've never thought of wings! :3
Hope to see you in the future as we grow!

Psy-mon

This sounds like a wonderful way to acquire some furry stuff. I would probably pay $20something USD for this.
Glad you like the idea, I think it's a wonderful idea as well! It will give folks a chance to see new artists possible as well, and get the most bang for their buck!
Thanks for taking the time to reply! :3

Maximus B. Panda

The Red Menace
Hey everyone! My friend and I are thinking of starting a business; we're planning on making subscription boxes for furries! We're planning on doing this every second or third month so we can have high quality items.

For those wondering, a subscription box is a service that you subscribe to to receive a package every month pertaining to a particular interest. Some examples would be; Lootcrate, Munchpak, and Barkbox.

I have a few questions that I would appreciate if folks took the time to answer.

I was wondering what folks would like to see in a subscription box?

The price range you'd like?

What country do you live in?
Sounds like a great idea, I'd actually be interested in this.

Are the contents of the packages going to be random, follow a theme, or something else.

For what I would like to see in the boxes, the list goes as follows: art prints, guides/tutorials on drawing and fursuit making (maybe even a few small basic resources too), posters, and whatever cool furry-themed stuff there is that you listed above.

As far as price range goes, I'd say around $20. However, if it is going to cost more, then it better be worth it.

Psy-mon

Sounds like a great idea, I'd actually be interested in this.

Are the contents of the packages going to be random, follow a theme, or something else.

For what I would like to see in the boxes, the list goes as follows: art prints, guides/tutorials on drawing and fursuit making (maybe even a few small basic resources too), posters, and whatever cool furry-themed stuff there is that you listed above.

As far as price range goes, I'd say around $20. However, if it is going to cost more, then it better be worth it.
We're glad you're interested! :3

We're planning on doing theme's, but still have a lot of diversity within our boxes. For example one of our theme's would be exclusively on making your own content; within that we'd have a range of things from drawing supplies, tutorials, and things of that nature.

We'd also like to implement a voting system so subscribers can have some say on their boxes theme's.

DravenDonovan

You can call me Oni~
Along with ears and tails, I think paw mittens would be cute :3 Maybe those beanie/scarf animal things, too (
UH0013-A.jpg
). I like the stuffed animal idea, too haha

Sergei Nóhomo

Spicey Memes
Banned
Along with ears and tails, I think paw mittens would be cute :3 Maybe those beanie/scarf animal things, too (
UH0013-A.jpg

That's about 50$ at the minimum. No crate in their mind would add that unless they're there to take a loss only

Or they're a scam

cough

DravenDonovan

You can call me Oni~
That's about 50$ at the minimum. No crate in their mind would add that unless they're there to take a loss only

Or they're a scam

cough

You can find them on eBay and amazons for like $10 xD. I got one I bought in a store in our mall that was only $15

Psy-mon

UH0013-A.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion! Though the idea of these is really nice they are not cost appropriate for us.
If the quality of something like this was good and the price was fair for such an item we'd definitely consider it!

Psy-mon

Or they're a scam

cough
How can we be a scam if we're not asking for money but instead peoples opinions.
You're right though, no crate in their right mind would take a loss like that.

FoxInTheCloset

The Over Caffeinated Vulpine
How can we be a scam if we're not asking for money but instead peoples opinions.
You're right though, no crate in their right mind would take a loss like that.
Dont take Sergei seriously. He likes to shitpost.

Maximus B. Panda

The Red Menace
We're glad you're interested! :3

We're planning on doing theme's, but still have a lot of diversity within our boxes. For example one of our theme's would be exclusively on making your own content; within that we'd have a range of things from drawing supplies, tutorials, and things of that nature.

We'd also like to implement a voting system so subscribers can have some say on their boxes theme's.
I am legitimately interested, and I hope this well thought up idea gets executed. I would definitely subscribe to it.

Good luck with it.