• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Main Site Sugestion: YCH Filter (please?)

onhaki

You all might want to take a look at this:
Main Site YCH, Adoptables and Reminder blocker
This is the first one (out of four) I've used that actually work, and while it fixes(?) the problem, it still only shows 13 pieces of art on page one instead of 24. I.E. on the first page it removes 11 / 24 pieces of art on 24 per page, meaning I have to click through just as many pages to see just as much other art if the YCHs/adopts were there.
  • And 52 / 72 pieces on 72 per page (72%)
  • Refresh, 43/72 (59%)
  • Go to page 25, 36/48 (75%)
  • Back to page 1: 38/48 (79%)
71% average. That is indicative of a problem with the way the site allows people to post advertisements that are placed directly into the main feed.

I really do not think this should be up to the users to fix, especially when there is a similar, already working filter on the site. Especially when there has apparently been a filter in the works for over a year now. While I'm glad the filter works, and thank you for providing the link to it, I'm not really impressed that it's just shown me over 50% of submissions while clicking through browse are YCH/adopts.

Yastreb

This is the first one (out of four) I've used that actually work, and while it fixes(?) the problem, it still only shows 13 pieces of art on page one instead of 24. I.E. on the first page it removes 11 / 24 pieces of art on 24 per page, meaning I have to click through just as many pages to see just as much other art if the YCHs/adopts were there.
  • And 52 / 72 pieces on 72 per page (72%)
  • Refresh, 43/72 (59%)
  • Go to page 25, 36/48 (75%)
  • Back to page 1: 38/48 (79%)
71% average. That is indicative of a problem with the way the site allows people to post advertisements that are placed directly into the main feed.

I really do not think this should be up to the users to fix, especially when there is a similar, already working filter on the site. Especially when there has apparently been a filter in the works for over a year now. While I'm glad the filter works, and thank you for providing the link to it, I'm not really impressed that it's just shown me over 50% of submissions while clicking through browse are YCH/adopts.
If you don't want click through as many pages you can change the settings to 48 or 72 posts per page. But I agree, FA is not the best site for finding good art.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
If you don't want click through as many pages you can change the settings to 48 or 72 posts per page. But I agree, FA is not the best site for finding good art.

I think you're missing the point a bit...

onhaki

This is all well and good.

What if I normally browse on 72 per page? What do I then set my settings to to actually see 72 pieces per page?

Yastreb

I didn't say my suggestion would fix everything, it is just a work-around. If you want my personal opinion, better place for browsing art is e621/e926. It has a good blacklist function, pictures are tagged by community so it doesn't matter if the artist is lazy and doesn't tag everything, tagging is very specific, and you can also freely select how many pictures you want to see per page.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
I didn't say my suggestion would fix everything, it is just a work-around. If you want my personal opinion, better place for browsing art is e621/e926. It has a good blacklist function, pictures are tagged by community so it doesn't matter if the artist is lazy and doesn't tag everything, tagging is very specific, and you can also freely select how many pictures you want to see per page.

This is a fair suggestion but I think directing users off of FA doesn't fix FA's issues or attract new users to it.
If the best idea or suggestion one has is to go to another site - that's a problem that needs fixing (imo).

Tendo64

Siamese Weeb
My issue with the YCH problem is how many people I've caught blatantly ignoring mature content rules and marking NSFW YCH reminders as general, and them getting away with it because, as quoting_mungo said, they delete it before anyone can take action. There has to be a better system for this.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
My issue with the YCH problem is how many people I've caught blatantly ignoring mature content rules and marking NSFW YCH reminders as general, and them getting away with it because, as quoting_mungo said, they delete it before anyone can take action. There has to be a better system for this.

The website is in need of a major upgrade as far as tagging and submission organization in general goes, but since the website is a hobby and not a genuine project built with the purpose of improvement, so long as basic functions work I doubt much care will be put into improving those functions for the userbase. FA has been around for over a decade now and it's had plenty of time to work on these sorts of issues. While I do think regularly bringing the issue up is good for getting the occasional glance from the Staff Team, I don't think that a glance will lead to anything. If other Furry Websites weren't full of...uh...ahem..."certain types" of pieces, I'm sure many more people would choose that over this system.