• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Suggest some unique animals to be my fursona?

Hobgoblin

Ayoo, I have like no idea for what my fursona should be so I was hoping you guys would like to suggest some cool heckin animals to be my fursona so I can look into them? :)

You can go off my personality but it isn't recommended to but maybe it helps. I'm extremely shy and antisocial. I don't like people of crowds of that nature. Although when I'm with friends or people I tend to be the most comfy with, I am an absolute goofy person. I can be quite a moody asshole but I consider myself to be as kind as possible. My mood is constantly shifting. I am also extremely lazy and don't like to put effort into a lot of things. My favorite things/hobbies to do is go out and hike and look for cool things in the woods to collect like bones and items of sorts.

Hogo

Unrespectable Member
What kind of physical attributes are you leaning towards though? Like...which of these would you be into: insect, aquatic, something with scales/feathers (reptiles), or furry (animals)?

Pomorek

Hyena-Addicted Antelope
Have I just found a fellow striped hyena?... You sound a lot like me!

Personality was one of biggest factors for me and I find the striped yeens to be most fitting for myself. They're very asocial compared to the most known spotted ones, they prefer to go alone or at most in small groups. They are also considered "bitey" and prone to conflicts (gods know I am like that, many times I "bit" people with bad word without really meaning it...). But with the right company, they can be incredibly affectionate and cuddly, as evidenced by online videos. They are also pretty lazy - why tire yourself with hunting when you can get what someone else has hunted, or remains of it, or in a pinch, something that died by itself?... They would rather lie in the sun, again as evidenced in photos. Also, those bones: I've read that the dens of striped hyenas are marked with "collections" of bones thrown all around them.

Now, there is a choice. There's a "sister species", the brown hyena, which is very similar and differs mostly in looks and geographical range.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Cyclops.

poly.png

Eremurus

live long, and prosper
Binturong_in_Overloon.jpg

You should be... a binturong!

Hogo

Unrespectable Member
I was thinking a crow or another bird based on the description but I dunno if they want something with fur instead.

The_biscuits_532

Sneaky rainforest kitty
Ayoo, I have like no idea for what my fursona should be so I was hoping you guys would like to suggest some cool heckin animals to be my fursona so I can look into them? :)

You can go off my personality but it isn't recommended to but maybe it helps. I'm extremely shy and antisocial. I don't like people of crowds of that nature. Although when I'm with friends or people I tend to be the most comfy with, I am an absolute goofy person. I can be quite a moody asshole but I consider myself to be as kind as possible. My mood is constantly shifting. I am also extremely lazy and don't like to put effort into a lot of things. My favorite things/hobbies to do is go out and hike and look for cool things in the woods to collect like bones and items of sorts.
Slow Loris

They're shy little Strepsirrhine Primates, that act quite similar to Sloths.
When scared they freeze and cover their faces with their hands
If they're really scared they've got a toxic bite capable of downing an adult human.
explore-slow-loris-photo-ark.jpg
220px-Slow_loris.jpg

As for goofiness, their name comes from the Dutch word for Clown.

Hobgoblin

What kind of physical attributes are you leaning towards though? Like...which of these would you be into: insect, aquatic, something with scales/feathers (reptiles), or furry (animals)?
I probably lean towards more mammals and stuff but I also find myself relating to reptiles occasionally.

O.D.D.

Back from the dead apparently
Honestly, there doesn't need to be a great deal of thought ascribed to a self-insert. You can make your character something you just happen to like, and disregard the idea of something that "matches your personality" entirely as your character does not inform your personality - to say it does would be sort of on par with "all redheads are feisty/a bit nuts" and other shallow stereotypes. If it were something you were using for a setting, you would want to steer away from just writing yourself into a setting anyway.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat

We can't, really; it has to mean something to you inside and thus by definition it has to be personal. All we can do is throw a zoo's worth of animal names at you.

WolfieHunnie

Funky Wolf-Derg
What about hybrid species? My ‘sona is a wolf-dragon hybrid, for example.

As for your personality, the first animal that came to mind was some species of bat. Maybe a fruit bat, or even a flying fox? (I don’t know if flying foxes count as bats, but they’re close enough!)

The_biscuits_532

Sneaky rainforest kitty
What about hybrid species? My ‘sona is a wolf-dragon hybrid, for example.

As for your personality, the first animal that came to mind was some species of bat. Maybe a fruit bat, or even a flying fox? (I don’t know if flying foxes count as bats, but they’re close enough!)
Flying Foxes and Fruit Bats are both Megabats (Family Pteropodidae)

Stray Cat Terry

테리 / 特里 / テリー
20210324-153019-3.26 marten looks.tif.jpgamerican-marten_larry-master.jpg

Martens!

Terry never saw any martens around, could be just me but that screams exotic for me at least! OwO

Foxridley

A fox named Ridley
From your description:
*Shy/antisocial
*Goofy around people you trust
*Can be moody
*Lazy

This may be boring if you want a unique species, but that personality sounds very much like a cat.

Jackpot Raccuki

Fucking Racon
I've actually been thinking of a Maned Wolf OC duo for a while now. They're still very much in the works though.

Leggy boyes ❤️
Maned wolves are just foxes who have achieved the ideal body... L E G S .
Foxes were so jealous they no longer associate with them and forced maned wolves to become, well maned wolves instead of maned foxes.
DSTBountyManedWolfTrans.png

Get yourself an OC who can be very independent, but also treats his friends like family.
Friendship is strong, but family is stronger.

Hogo

Unrespectable Member
I probably lean towards more mammals and stuff but I also find myself relating to reptiles occasionally.

I still recommend crows based on your description but if you want a mammal I think Raccoons or Tanuki. They're selectively social, collect things, can be moody and goofy if you watch people who have them as pets, and are the epitome of, "Progress is made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." Plus looking at your username, Raccoons are definitely the Goblins of the mammal world.

I see people recommending flying foxes/fruit bats, and I love those and my "were" fursona is a "were-bat" based on an Indian Flying Fox...well they're pretty social animals imo and don't collect things.

The_biscuits_532

Sneaky rainforest kitty
Maned wolves are just foxes who have achieved the ideal body... L E G S .
Foxes were so jealous they no longer associate with them and forced maned wolves to become, well maned wolves instead of maned foxes.
DSTBountyManedWolfTrans.png

Get yourself an OC who can be very independent, but also treats his friends like family.
Friendship is strong, but family is stronger.
They're also just Folfs that dropped the crappy name.