• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Suggestion: A page listing all active advertisements!

Do you frequently find yourself "missing" an advertisement you wanted to click?

• Total voters

Bahumat

This probably happens to me multiple times a day: I'm navigating FurAffinity, and I click an image or a link and right at that moment one of the artist ads shows something interesting and I want to click it...

... but too late.

And then I try to go back and reload the ad but of course, something new and random has rotated into place.

Seriously, this happens to me 2-3 times a day sometimes.

So it occurs to me the simplest fix might just be an 'See Our Active Advertisers!' type page, that just loads up ALL the ads currently running from artists on the site, or just all the ads period.

It could mean a big, big boost for FurAffinity advertising, having that many more people browsing ads and clicking on them, and it adds value to artists paying for advertising, ensuring they aren't left with a "missed click".

So, how about it? A single page we can click on to see ALL the currently running ads (or even pages of them if loading all at once is unreasonable on the servers).

Bahumat

Are we allowed to self-bump? Because I wanna self-bump on this one. Happened again yesterday. Anyone know which advertiser it was with the awesome water buffalo throw pillows?

Uluri

Lord of Potatoes
I'm navigating FurAffinity, and I click an image or a link and right at that moment one of the artist ads shows something interesting and I want to click it...
... but too late.
XD I actually do this a lot, too. Then I end up sitting around for like half an hour loading more and more pages until I see it again.
It is really time consuming to try to find an ad again that I missed. I don't know if that day was their last day running it.

'See Our Active Advertisers!' type page, that just loads up ALL the ads currently running
I would like this as both someone who misses a lot of ads, and as an advertiser myself. (I assume multi pages would be more doable than a single page
to save on loading without bogging the page. Pretty sure there are actually a lot of user ads that run considering its so hard to find the same one twice.)
But how would it be maintained?

quoting_mungo

Totally want this. Also could possibly be a way to make the user ads available to people who for whatever reason otherwise use adblock on FA. I believe "how would ad impressions on this page be counted" was a concern that came up, and my gut feeling about that would be "don't count them and just give a separate statistic for how many times the ad listing page was requested during the ad running period".

But how would it be maintained?
Ideally by pulling from the advertisement database. To save on database load maybe a static page generated at midnight (or whatever time of day ads run out) as a cron job, plus I guess a manual update mode if changes are made to an active ad. That way it wouldn't require manual updates, but would still have most of the traits of a static page.

That's all from the perspective of a half-assed web designer/developer, though, not from knowing a whole lot of the inner workings of FA's ad framework.