• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Suggestion: Split 'Art Sales and Auctions'

Faustus

I feel that the title of the forum 'Art Sales and Auctions' is a little misleading, because it doesn't make clear that it is also a good place to post 'Commission' threads as well as 'Selling' threads. Also, because there are far more artists looking to sell work than there seem to be people wanting to commission them, it does tend to get a bit spammed out with sales, pushing paying work off the bottom.

I'd suggest keeping 'Art Sales and Auctions' for people wanting to sell their work, and adding a new 'Commissioning and Hiring' forum for people looking to buy.

Faustus

I'd like to revive this request in light of recent changes to the fora.

When I posted this last May, there were only two prefixes: Hiring and Selling, making it easy to filter as per what @quoting_mungo suggested. Now there are lots of variations of both hiring and selling in various price ranges. In order to check all Hiring or Selling threads, you now have to go through each prefix, one at a time. It's just not user-friendly.

zenmaldita

always hungry
I'd like to revive this request in light of recent changes to the fora.

When I posted this last May, there were only two prefixes: Hiring and Selling, making it easy to filter as per what @quoting_mungo suggested. Now there are lots of variations of both hiring and selling in various price ranges. In order to check all Hiring or Selling threads, you now have to go through each prefix, one at a time. It's just not user-friendly.

yeah that new change caught me off guard tbh
I saw someone making separate threads per price range like WHOT?! why so many?! you're eating up all the space!

people used to just input their range on the title, but now, with the specified ranges, I feel my shop wont get filtered correctly given how huge my range is D: (25-600+)
I also noticed that Art Sales and Auctions forum isn't heavily moderated anymore? Back then I had to wait for a mod to approve my thread. Now it's just like any other part of the forum. That probably explains the spam I mentioned earlier.

I agree with the separate Hiring/Commission forum. It would be cleaner and more organized. I'd be there all damn day xD
If FAF could spare some manpower, I also wish they have a mod to make sure such threads close when OP chooses an artist. I just hate it when people spam a Hiring thread from last year or last month.

Faustus

That probably explains the spam I mentioned earlier.
Don't think that's especially new. I once raised a complaint because someone listed ten near-identical adopt threads in a row and bumped them all daily, and that fell on deaf ears.

zenmaldita

always hungry
Don't think that's especially new. I once raised a complaint because someone listed ten near-identical adopt threads in a row and bumped them all daily, and that fell on deaf ears.
omg I've seen that too! and they've been at it since June?! wow I thought the threads were recent