• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Suggestions, FAF?

Tabasco

So I have this friend, who's a... computer technician, I think? He got laid off some time ago, and is having trouble with his unemployment and is pretty much in the red right now. He's always been generous to me, so I wanted to help him out. I'm petty sure he'd be insulted if I just offered to loan him a little something to help, so I'm trying to think of some other way to help that isn't going to put me in the red, too.

So far the only ideas I have are to kick something of mine down the stairs and have him take a look at it, and... uh...

Well, that's about it.

Kicking stuff down stairs is pretty fun, though.

J

Jelly

Pay him for tech tutoring.
come to an agreement for how much

wait
how bad is his situation

Last edited by a moderator:

Xipoid

Cameras
Why don't you just talk to him about it? I don't think destroying your property is going to benefit anyone in the end. Be neutral and open and he shouldn't flip out on you or anything.

J

Jelly

You know
Tech help at universities is usually on typical schedules
If he did a 24 hour repair
it would be brutal
but if he advertised well enough, he'd could probably make a lot of moniesss

south syde dobe

4th Elite General
what these people said above me ^^

Icky

is the prettiest pony~
Suggest that he go into prostitution. I hear there's some pretty good money there.

J

Jelly

He should run computer tech lessons.
Or.. like... get a job?

He's having difficulty finding a job, Cirno. That's a key point in the thread, Cirno.
cirno
cirno
are you listening to me
cirno
you motherf-

south syde dobe

4th Elite General
He's having difficulty finding a job, Cirno. That's a key point in the thread, Cirno.
cirno
cirno
are you listening to me
cirno
you motherf-

This made me lol xD

cirno
cirno
are you listening to me
cirno
you motherf-

He could try to expand his acceptable job range to more, even in part time jobs, that will at least partly revive him.
Maybe he can contact his parents.
Or Blue should let him live with her, for the time period, so he will at least leave the rent check for now(Might endanger the patty, though).

Jeff
JeffHurtwit
JeffHurtwit are you listening to me
JeffHurtwit are you listening to me no because you are deaf to all but the song

You ⑨

Tabasco

Pay him for tech tutoring.
come to an agreement for how much

wait
how bad is his situation

I doubt I could afford to pay him fairly, but it's an option and anything is better than nothing.

He's living with his folks (for now at least, they're real pricks though) so he won't be sleeping out in the cold, but as far as food, bills, additional schooling, etc, he's pretty much fucked right now.

Why don't you just talk to him about it? I don't think destroying your property is going to benefit anyone in the end. Be neutral and open and he shouldn't flip out on you or anything.

I suppose. ;;

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
Or Blue should let him live with her, for the time period, so he will at least leave the rent check for now

She seems pretty eager to share her bed :V

He's living with his folks (for now at least, they're real pricks though) so he won't be sleeping out in the cold, but as far as food, bills, additional schooling, etc, he's pretty much fucked right now.

Oh, wait, nvm.

But iono, there isn't anything better to say that was already.

Last edited:
Now that I think about it, the only thing you can or SHOULD do is sit by the side and let him do it by himself.
That might sound mean, but that'd teach him how to survive and not to get into such a condition again - or get out of another familiar condition again.
If he fails... then you should help him SERIOUSLY.

Life's lessons are important, without them..

I forgot her bed is reserved for me :V :3

south syde dobe

4th Elite General

Tabasco

Room for one more, ya filthy Pole. :V

Now that I think about it, the only thing you can or SHOULD do is sit by the side and let him do it by himself.
That might sound mean, but that'd teach him how to survive and not to get into such a condition again - or get out of another familiar condition again.
If he fails... then you should help him SERIOUSLY.

Life's lessons are important, without them..

He was laid off and is getting stiffed on unemployment while he looks for work he's neither over- nor under-qualified for. What do you not get, amigo. :V

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
He was laid off and is getting stiffed on unemployment while he looks for work he's neither over- nor under-qualified for. What do you not get, amigo. :V

Can't he get some temporary job, just to get living cash, until something up his street comes by? Or is the job market seriously that terrible over there?

THERE IS STILL NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM

You can't give him money
You can talk with him
You can't make him be employed

He is basically a NEET.

Neat :V