• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Summer heat and misery discussion thread

Casey Fluffbat

E. Fuscus from the discount section
Where are y0u located in Florida?

Hmmm. In Memphis, Tennessee it is 89 right now with 63% humidity. Heat index is 99. It's supposed to get up to 92 today with scattered thunderstorms tonight. Usually it's hotter and more humid here. We normally get the heat from the plains and the humidity from the Gulf of Mexico.
East central Florida, a few miles from the coast, so the heat where I live isn't quite as bad because the sea breeze is there, but where I work is more interior so it just bakes.
And those summer thunderstorms help, too. This time of year here it rains almost every afternoon-evening to some degree.

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
East central Florida, a few miles from the coast, so the heat where I live isn't quite as bad because the sea breeze is there, but where I work is more interior so it just bakes.
And those summer thunderstorms help, too. This time of year here it rains almost every afternoon-evening to some degree.
I feel you. I used to do attic insulation for my father's construction company. We had a standing rule that if it was going go be 100 degrees out, we wouldn't insulate the attics. We had a run of 11 days over 100 degrees that summer. The day we implemented the policy, on the news that night, a guy in a competing company died from heat stroke doing exactly what I did. I have measured attic temps of 125 before. Roof temps were much worse. I did roof work for almost 20 years. On the upside, it made me more heat tolerant so that I can fursuit for a very long time, although age is taking its toll on that.

Catdog

I caused a little stir.
I'm in Atlanta and I'm dying. We don't have central air. Just LOTS of fans. Uuugghhh. The humidity is always like 70% too

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
why is it 84 degrees farenheit here
I moved from the South to New England to escape this hell and yet the gell followed me

A

Anibusvolts

*Sighs*
Oh Houston, Texas. Why you gotta be 91 degrees F/ 31 degrees C with 90% Humidity?
It feels like it's 100 degrees F/ 38 degrees C

Slytherin Umbreon

Black Lives Matter
tenor.gif

fourur

petit trou du luke
when you work outside, and you have to wear protective cloths due to the companie policies and have to carry some eavy boxes along the way, it's worse than being in the melon field.

Zugai

Sunderland, UK.

17 degrees C.

We live next to the coast of the North sea. Lovely and windswept and cool. I'm so damn smug. xD
lucky
we had 25 degrees c over here in the Midlands. and i have to work in it :(

D

Disgruntledfox

*Sighs*
Oh Houston, Texas. Why you gotta be 91 degrees F/ 31 degrees C with 90% Humidity?
It feels like it's 100 degrees F/ 38 degrees C
I'm mindblown it's as hot as texas here. Just came from a walk... 34 C (93 F) but humid as idk what. It just rained but the temperature fricking rose instead of let down.

Z

ZeroVoidTime

75 degrees where I'm at but only because it is raining right now where I live.

Catdog

I caused a little stir.
Today I got an iced coffee and sat outside for like 5 minutes and got sunburn :/ Whyyyyyyyy

Tazmo

Trash connoisseur
Currently 79f and 94% humidity...... at least there is a breeze

Another high of 90 :(

Catdog

I caused a little stir.
Anyone else having more problems with fleas this year than previous? Normally they're not this aggro but I think they tend to survive better in hot weather. Maybe it's just me. Being a fleabag.

Casey Fluffbat

E. Fuscus from the discount section
Anyone else having more problems with fleas this year than previous? Normally they're not this aggro but I think they tend to survive better in hot weather. Maybe it's just me. Being a fleabag.
Warm weather can accelerate their egg development, though a heated house in the winter can also do the same.