• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Super Smash Bros. 3DS Tournament!

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
I would join but I haven't played Smash Bros. since Melee came out and even then I only played it for the history of all things Nintendo, not really having much of an opportunity to play competitively. It will take more than a week for me to be really competitive enough to make a difference in this tournament.

Alastair Snowpaw

The Skull Paw
I would join but I haven't played Smash Bros. since Melee came out and even then I only played it for the history of all things Nintendo, not really having much of an opportunity to play competitively. It will take more than a week for me to be really competitive enough to make a difference in this tournament.
the competitive level of FaF is not one you should feel intimated by or one you should avoid out of fear of great skill.

also the best way to prepare for tourneys is to enter tournies. especially free ones that require very little effort from you.

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
the competitive level of FaF is not one you should feel intimated by or one you should avoid out of fear of great skill.

also the best way to prepare for tourneys is to enter tournies. especially free ones that require very little effort from you.

Yes, but I don't think I would be that good. I'll be getting the game tomorrow, perhaps I'll play a few of the other people in friendlies and then see if I really am cut out for this. I still think that not playing the games in over a decade is a huge handicap. But a lot could happen in seven days.

My F.C. is 3668 8705 4497

Zahros

Cat Dragon Thing
Yes, but I don't think I would be that good. I'll be getting the game tomorrow, perhaps I'll play a few of the other people in friendlies and then see if I really am cut out for this. I still think that not playing the games in over a decade is a huge handicap. But a lot could happen in seven days.

My F.C. is 3668 8705 4497
you can always try out the demo as well also, and try to see from there

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
you can always try out the demo as well also, and try to see from there

I don't have an access point from my apartment but I will see if I feel like it, later. I'm certain even if I never play in a competition- like the 64-man tournament in Plano this Saturday- I'll still get my money's worth because this is going to be one hell of a game. When I played Melee in high school, I was amazed at how much Nintendo history could be crammed into a single cd and this will be fantastic, I just know it.

Besides, if I did win, I'd get myself drawn cosplaying Wolf O'Donnell who, unfortunately, is no longer a character in Smash Bros.

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
Nghh, I know who I want to be able to play as but I don't know if I'm gonna be able to master 'em in a week!
But we shall see. Heheh.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Got it yesterday^^ Feel free to add me:
CaptainCool [Mathias]: 2895-7679-6809

Yonk

Are we going to keep our mains a mystery, or do we have to tell? Like, before the match, to each other
This might be another stupid question

SirRob

Welcome aboard Alastair [noparse]:)[/noparse]

You don't have to say who you're gonna use.

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
I don't think I'll be able to participate after all. My apartment doesn't have a Wifi connection at all, and when I went over to my parents' house the game was basically a slide show for all the lagging.

And for what I'm worth as a player and for my busy schedule as a college student, I might as well just throw my character off the edge if you DID play with me, just so I can focus on more important priorities. I can't run the risk of winning and having to find a good Internet connection more than once. And even if I did have a connection, you wouldn't want to play me at Smash Bros. because I haven't played the game in 12 years, I might as well just save myself the embarrassment and let someone else play.

It's not like I wouldn't want to play a standalone game with any of you guys if I had the time but I can't really afford to find a place to get a decent connection with my schedule.

Last edited:

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
I'm not sure what I'll be doing at that time. Playing with you guys a couple hours ago was fun, anyway.
Especially that round when I was playing as Lucario. I was laughing so hard when I got a Double Team in and took out your last guy :p

Last edited:

Yonk

I'm not sure what I'll be doing at that time. Playing with you guys a couple hours ago was fun, anyway.
Especially that round when I was playing as Lucario. I was laughing so hard when I got a Double Team in and took out your last guy :p

I hope I didn't make my last match with you lag >u< To my knowledge, my wifi's really stable
But, in case it was that time, *bows to death*

Zahros

Cat Dragon Thing
I hope I didn't make my last match with you lag >u< To my knowledge, my wifi's really stable
But, in case it was that time, *bows to death*
I didn't lag with you and Rob, not more than usual, but I know that I shut my computer off once during for glory, and apparently I was the source of that lag xD (sorry I was kinda sucking too, I was like the first to die every time e.e)

I just realized I didn't add you yet :v -adds-

Eggdodger

Mourning Dove
Eh, may as well. One thing I learned from taking a break from the forums was that it does a lot for boredom/loneliness.

5155-3170-4628

Call me Jacob or Mr. Goodvibes, whichever you prefer

EDIT: Rob's Mii has my eyes <3

Last edited:

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
I didn't lag with you and Rob, not more than usual, but I know that I shut my computer off once during for glory, and apparently I was the source of that lag xD (sorry I was kinda sucking too, I was like the first to die every time e.e)

I just realized I didn't add you yet :v -adds-
Funny, I don't see you in there.