• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Super Smash Bros. 3DS Tournament!

Eggdodger

Mourning Dove
Thanks for joining up, guys!

Those eyes are perfect, I love them.

Fo sho, fo sho. They're those eyes I get when I'm feeling mischievous, like the "har har everything I say will have somewhat level and serious inflection but will be a joke although only close friends will interpret it as such because they know my style of humor further bolstering the hilarity" kind of eyes. You feel me?

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
I'll be joinin' if I can drag Reno into it, but I don't think it'll be that hard - he's a dog.

I'll just put his 3DS inside a sock.

Eggdodger

Mourning Dove
I'll be joinin' if I can drag Reno into it, but I don't think it'll be that hard - he's a dog.

I'll just put his 3DS inside a sock.

Cue melodramatic moment where you're versed against one another in the tourney and you throw the match for love.

...Or so it seems, until you change your mind and clinch it back, out of pure pride.

I should write fan fiction.

Achoral

I was afraid of not being up at 12PM EST as it makes 5am for me.

Count me in, hope I won't make you lag too much !

0533 4830 3114

Also, if it goes over more than one day, why not having double elimination or swiss rounds ? (Though swiss rounds might make it take a whole month.)

Eggdodger

Mourning Dove
Oh, cool, another contestant! Lots of us have been having little bouts for fun/practice. I'll go ahead and add you to my friends list and maybe we'll catch one another online. =p

SirRob

I would like to keep things as simple as possible, that's why we're doing single elimination.

Also, you don't need to be available right when the tournament starts, you will have all day to fight with your opponent!

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
So tempted right now, considering there is one last spot. But I know with my busy schedule, finding a Wifi hotspot would be difficult in 24 hours, it would distract me from studies, and to be fair, you really don't need a doormat in the tournament, you need an actual fighter.

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
Have a good one guys, wish I could join in but my ex has my 3DS and I don't think I'll get it mailed back in time >.<

Eggdodger

Mourning Dove
Rob, I just realized... What if you win the tournament? You're already drawn with your husbando, you silly nilly narcissist!
Wait.
I've got it.
If you win the tourney, I'll draw some romantic erotica of you and Fox! That'll give you some incentive to try your hardest for Fox-san!!!!

SirRob

So tempted right now, considering there is one last spot. But I know with my busy schedule, finding a Wifi hotspot would be difficult in 24 hours, it would distract me from studies, and to be fair, you really don't need a doormat in the tournament, you need an actual fighter.
There is no limit to the number of people who can join up.
This sounds fun, I'd like to join up if possible~

FC - 4511-1803-0603
Added. [noparse]:)[/noparse]
Rob, I just realized... What if you win the tournament? You're already drawn with your husbando, you silly nilly narcissist!
Wait.
I've got it.
If you win the tourney, I'll draw some romantic erotica of you and Fox! That'll give you some incentive to try your hardest for Fox-san!!!!
I won't win, but if that happens, I would just draw the second place person.

---

I updated the rules, since customization and Miis aren't actually tied to each other. But I still won't allow Miis because despite that, it seems like there's too many varying factors for them to be fair.

Last edited:

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
There is no limit to the number of people who can join up.
Added. [noparse]:)[/noparse]
I won't win, but if that happens, I would just draw the second place person.

---
Wait, the only way any tournament would work is the number of players has to be in the geometric series. If 31 people join in, then we would still need one more player. I guess if you really need an extra player, I might join in, knowing full well that if I get one KO or even a single hit, someone is pulling their punches. Of course, getting to a place that has Wifi might be a little difficult in my case, but I'd be willing to have what little self-esteem I have in my abilities crushed if it would make your tourney complete.

I guess the one thing I can do is the game is hitting the names in the credits. My personal best was 300 with Zero Suit Samus, and 100% of the picture, although I'd assume that others can do much better than I can.

Last edited:

SirRob

If we have an uneven amount of players, some players will get free passes for a round, or some players may have two matches in a round.

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
If we have an uneven amount of players, some players will get free passes for a round, or some players may have two matches in a round.

At Nintendo's official tournaments, they had four-player matches with the last man standing being the winner of that particular match. If the number of players is a multiple of 4, we could condense the number of matches played overall simply by having four-player matches.

Saukko

I'd totally be interested in joining! My friend code is 0946 - 2725 - 1797. Really looking forward to this, thanks for hosting. c:

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
Alright, fine if I can find a good Wifi spot AND I have the time to do it, I might participate. But I think a standalone game would be preferable.

Eggdodger

Mourning Dove
some players will get free passes for a round,

That's called a bye.

or some players may have two matches in a round.

That's called unfair.

I could possibly see the player with a bye entering a three-player match (which on Melee's tournament mode could happen if you automated the bracket), but like you said, you'd prefer to keep it one on one. The next power of two is 32, so you're going to need 14 more people if you want to avoid having at least one bye or three-player match.

SirRob

I'm in. [2938-7555-9395]
I'd totally be interested in joining! My friend code is 0946 - 2725 - 1797. Really looking forward to this, thanks for hosting. c:
Added, and you're welcome! I'm really hyped for it!
That's called unfair.

I could possibly see the player with a bye entering a three-player match (which on Melee's tournament mode could happen if you automated the bracket), but like you said, you'd prefer to keep it one on one. The next power of two is 32, so you're going to need 14 more people if you want to avoid having at least one bye or three-player match.
Well, I'll try to minimize the impact of an uneven number. It might be unfair, but I think it's even less fair to exclude players, or to lump players into a three player match, which is an entirely different beast from one on one matches.

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
The numbers will work out. in the event of them not working out, a round robin would work fine - give each player in the threesome one match against each other opponent; the player who wins both their games advances, or you set a 1v1 against the two players who won one, lost one. Ez pz.~

Anyway, I'm joining!

5043 - 1750 - 5008 ~

Eggdodger

Mourning Dove
Added, and you're welcome! I'm really hyped for it!
Well, I'll try to minimize the impact of an uneven number. It might be unfair, but I think it's even less fair to exclude players, or to lump players into a three player match, which is an entirely different beast from one on one matches.

I don't think the recipient of a second consecutive match would exactly agree with you if they lost said match that wouldn't have occurred without rules stating that it counted towards their advancement in the bracket. Giving a player a bye based on performance in preliminary rounds is actually common practice in real life sports.

I won't keep harping on it, but I want you to consider your decision more carefully. Six seems to have worked out a compromise that assuages your misgivings.