• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Super Smash Bros.

MrRazot

I would probably smash everyone here, but an average ping of 1200ms to the USA really cuts back back on a smooth fight.
Also my 3DS has no charge so whatever :p

Joybit

aka Rinpoe
I hope the NX has a ethernet port without the need of an adapter, then I wouldn't lag out so much :c
Seconded, the only thing I genuinely don't like about the Wii U is a lack of built-in ethernet. One of the reasons that my Wii U is the only system with a USB Hub hooked up.

SirRob

I was feeling like crap and I was angry so I figured I'd play my favorite game to relax. But how the &#*$ am I supposed to de-stress when all I **@#ing do is lose. I haven't won a SINGLE tournament yet, not the casual ones, not the small ones, NONE of them. And of course I'm gonna #&*@ing ruin my sleep schedule over this because I can't accept being a piece of @$&#

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
I've grown really use to losing in streaks now due to I do main Lil Mac but losing teaches me things about other characters which I take to another fight

SirRob

Yeah and all that stuff you learned is tossed out the window every month due to balance patches

Not to mention it's pretty much impossible to learn how to fight custom characters with equipment

FrostHusky81

The Mercenary
Yeah and all that stuff you learned is tossed out the window every month due to balance patches

Not to mention it's pretty much impossible to learn how to fight custom characters with equipment

Very true now that I think about it. Just try to adapt as well as you're able.

All I see online in 1v1's are Ryu's though. I'm getting tired of it.

SirRob

I'm thinking of going from Wii U smash to 3DS. Is that a good idea? I'm guessing it's not, but I think you guys can help me, so go ahead.
What do you mean by going from? Are you selling your Wii U copy and buying the 3DS version instead? I recommend sticking with the Wii U version, because while the idea of playing on the go sounds fun, the single player is really nothing. You might as well get a dedicated single player experience instead.

Very true now that I think about it. Just try to adapt as well as you're able.

All I see online in 1v1's are Ryu's though. I'm getting tired of it.
I do try to adapt, and I still suck.
I see everything in 1v1 For Glory. And I lose to literally all of it. It sickens me because the people who play on For Glory aren't even competitive players, because those people play locally. No one takes For Glory as a serious competitive platform and I still can't do well in it.

Last edited:

FrostHusky81

The Mercenary
What do you mean by going from? Are you selling your Wii U copy and buying the 3DS version instead? I recommend sticking with the Wii U version, because while the idea of playing on the go sounds fun, the single player is really nothing. You might as well get a dedicated single player experience instead.

I do try to adapt, and I still suck.
I see everything in 1v1 For Glory. And I lose to literally all of it. It sickens me because the people who play on For Glory aren't even competitive players, because those people play locally. No one takes For Glory as a serious competitive platform and I still can't do well in it.

Ah, I see. I hope things get better for you, I know that feeling all too well. Gets me real frustrated sometimes.

But hey, if you ever want to try battling again, I'm game.

SirRob

Eh... please don't be understanding about my outbursts, that makes it awkward. : )

I'm always up to play with friends. It's a completely different experience when you know the person and there's mutual respect. I won't have Smash on me for a couple days though.

SirRob

Honestly I should try picking up every character and learn their intricacies. That way I can better defend myself against whoever I'm up against. But that's a pretty massive time investment. I did do that with Ike, though.

Silibus

Oh Boy!
Honestly I should try picking up every character and learn their intricacies. That way I can better defend myself against whoever I'm up against. But that's a pretty massive time investment. I did do that with Ike, though.

I can train you in the ways of every character... once I get back home. ;_; I miss my wii u

Luca

Lined my brain with more eyes
I only know how to play Samus, Bowser, Capt. Falcon and Mewtwo. I just wish it were easier to main Samus. :c

Ieono

Uberaffe
I only know how to play Samus, Bowser, Capt. Falcon and Mewtwo. I just wish it were easier to main Samus. :c

Samus seems like such a technical character. It's like you have to have 40 DEX to be able to use her well or something...

Judge Spear

Samus seems like such a technical character. It's like you have to have 40 DEX to be able to use her well or something...

Samus has a great deal of problems and I have no clue why. A good player with her is scary but she's been nerfed so hard it makes being good difficult.
Yes, I'm back. I'm just taking a break from the riots until this forum is shut down or I'm banned.

Yeah, I was kinda thinking of doing that and maybe even getting rid of my Wii U lately. I doubt I'll actually go and sell it, but that's why I'm asking people about these things. Just wanna hear a few opinions from various places.

But anyway, you do have a point there. The Wii U version just looks superior by a lot, and while playing on the go would be fun, I doubt I'd even do it much considering I often even forget I have my 3DS with me, or I just don't take it.

SirRob

Yeah, I was kinda thinking of doing that and maybe even getting rid of my Wii U lately. I doubt I'll actually go and sell it, but that's why I'm asking people about these things. Just wanna hear a few opinions from various places.

But anyway, you do have a point there. The Wii U version just looks superior by a lot, and while playing on the go would be fun, I doubt I'd even do it much considering I often even forget I have my 3DS with me, or I just don't take it.
Well the 3DS is perfectly fine for online play, so it works as a substitute for the Wii U version. Having a Wii U just for Smash Bros isn't worth it, especially if you already have a 3DS.

Well the 3DS is perfectly fine for online play, so it works as a substitute for the Wii U version. Having a Wii U just for Smash Bros isn't worth it, especially if you already have a 3DS.

Yeah, see? This is exactly what I'm thinking too. There are a few other games I'm looking forward to on the Wii U, but I'm not sure it's enough compared to how many I'm really looking forward to on the PS4, so I was thinking of just switching consoles, and buying Smash on the 3DS.

I'll think about it some more, so I don't have any regrets if I do it. Thanks for your input. It's greatly appreciated.

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
I have grown to dislike robin players in 2v2, nothing worst knowing that if you dont kill that robin right away they gonna charge up and release that damn max charge spell that will KO you and your partner.
its worst for their partner cause it then somewhat becomes a 2vs1 as some robin players play keep away thus often you are stuck having to hold off two players.