• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Super Smash Bros.

Alastair Snowpaw

The Skull Paw
#WeCan'tTechThose
[video=youtube;a8rpifNUEYo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8rpifNUEYo[/video]

A slightly important vid about teching and how you can't when too close to the stage.

SkyboundTerror

Thrashing About
That's why hugging the wall is generally a bad idea when trying to recover.

Anyway, I'm always up for games so if you guys want to play, let me know beforehand and I'll hop on.

...after fighting Leety (found him randomly on FG, one the very rare times I go on there).

Wait, you know Leety? My memory sucks. LOL

The university I just started at hosts Smash monthlies, and entry fee is insanely low O: Thinking about trying them out once I adjust to my new schedule; had lotsa fun with the wifi one despite the hardcore jitters (which is sad because it's not like I was playing in front of hundreds of people or anything lol xP) and learned a good deal since the thing happened.

Don't expect to come out on top of any of these but maybe I can place top 10 at least =P

SkyboundTerror

Thrashing About
Just got back home. I can play in ten minutes if you're still up for it.

Edit: Guess it's too late!

Edit edit: You guys. I love Charizard so much. This happened tonight and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. Ha. Hahaha.

zwriSNe_zpsy9szdbzj.jpg

Jdgv3dA_zpsstovvacv.jpg

7HlRGDd_zps1tlics5f.jpg

wLBxnb6_zpshkco5uin.jpg

Last edited:

Luca

Lined my brain with more eyes
I wanted to try my skills against some of you guys but my internet is woefully under equipped for Smash. I tried to play a friend who lives 2 blocks away from my house and we lagged terribly. :/

Judge Spear

I'm still trying some advanced tech with Lonk like his ledge trump bomb spike. But I don't like risking it with tricky edge guarding tricks like that because you know...3DS.

SirRob

I was playing in For Glory, and I got beaten by a Ness player without doing any damage to them. This guy ended up beating me with like half the cast before I got a communication error. And he didn't use any of the high tier characters, either. I'd say he was a good player, but I know he only won because I'm a bad player. Good players don't play in For Glory. They play locally in tournaments.

I'm trying to use Bowser Jr., but for the life of me I can't figure out how to actually play as him. I think I'm gonna have to look up a guide for him. Although honestly, the fact that I have to use a guide shows that I'm naturally a bad player, who can't figure out how to use a character himself.

TBH I know quite a few good people (like, tourney regulars) that play in For Glory, though they don't play it to practice of course =P I play with these people quite regularly thanks to skype and can tell you they're far, far above the types you'd run into on FG (sometimes even when I'd just be screwing around for kicks and giggles in FG I'd just quit the mode and play with the others because I was losing brain cells lol)

And don't be so hard on yourself, I still refer to guides for Lucario and I've been using him since a few weeks after the Wii U version came out and for over 5k matches, both online and offline combined =P everyone has a run-in with someone that is seemingly godlike in Smash, I know I've run into a couple myself. Don't let it get you down and keep positive.

SirRob

Well it's nice to know that the good players (who I can assure you, I have never encountered in For Glory) don't even take For Glory seriously. All these people I'm losing to are just like, bored ten year olds who don't even know what they're doing. Like this guy I just played, he was using friggin' Olimar, Pac-Man, Charizard and all these other trash characters and he was STILL destroying me.

FrostHusky81

The Mercenary
Well it's nice to know that the good players (who I can assure you, I have never encountered in For Glory) don't even take For Glory seriously. All these people I'm losing to are just like, bored ten year olds who don't even know what they're doing. Like this guy I just played, he was using friggin' Olimar, Pac-Man, Charizard and all these other trash characters and he was STILL destroying me.

I encounter this as well too. As of late however, I've been seening plenty of arrow, boomerang, and bomb spamming toon links. I'd rather play with friends sometimes, for glory can be the worst online experience when you run into those kinds of people/little kids.

Judge Spear

For Glory is trash, but I have no one to play so I just go there. The overall skill has gotten higher though. But the lag is still atrocious.

FrostHusky81

The Mercenary
For Glory is trash, but I have no one to play so I just go there. The overall skill has gotten higher though. But the lag is still atrocious.

Yup, the damn lag always ruins the fun. Then I get penalized for quitting because of it... unbelieveable. I'm free the rest of the day though if anyone is up for a few games, even though the lag will most likely prevent that from happening.

Crazy thread bump since the last post was made before the forums went down but I wanted to share I'm being considered for my state's Power Rankings List lol. I have a few sets on youtube as well, if anyone's interested:

with the exception of the first set against ODB Terry, each of my opponents are on or have been on (in the case of Tigrex) the Alabama Power rankings so all of these sets were pretty big for me. I've also reset the bracket and won two different tournaments against Mahgnittoc who's 2nd in Alabama and Pudd who's 4th in Alabama

SkyboundTerror

Thrashing About
I'm happy to say that a scene has finally formed in my area thanks to a bunch of bored college students with too much free time. I've attended a fair amount of tournaments so far and I've consistently gotten top 8, and sometimes won, with solo Charizard. I still get incredibly anxious at tournaments especially when there's 60+ people watching, but I've been doing well and I'm becoming the talk of the town haha. No one expects to see the lizard placing well, and every time I play, the crowd is cheering for me. I've faced some Power Ranked players from up north and had their backs to the wall, and while I didn't win, it was enough to leave an impression. I'll most likely be attending more tournaments in the future to improve my game.

There's not much footage of my matches yet. I expect at least four more videos to go up in the next few days. Here's the only three recent videos of my gameplay so far:

Charizard is completely selling me as a player and I couldn't be happier with the fact.

Luku_Zuku

Still trying to draw, slowly
I might not own a Wii U myself, but I have attempted the game at a friends house, using the setup for SSBBrawl, a game I'm more familiar with i n terms of button layout. I can't really play online, but whenever I played, I'd either play Kirby (No I did not just spam the hammer, don't worry), or I'd also play Luigi (Although not as well as Kirby...) I was also attempting to get better at Fox and Falco too, and doing alright at it.