• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Super Smash Bros.

SirRob

Anyone going to get it at the midnight release? I intend on staying up all night playing... I need my fix.
I'm gonna get a physical copy from GameStop. Sometimes they do a midnight release, but there's nothing about one for Smash Bros on their website. I was sort of hoping they would do a tournament like they did with Brawl, that was really memorable. Diddy was the first character I used in Brawl, because he was the character that was randomly selected for me. [noparse]:)[/noparse]

SkyboundTerror

Thrashing About
I'm gonna get a physical copy from GameStop. Sometimes they do a midnight release, but there's nothing about one for Smash Bros on their website. I was sort of hoping they would do a tournament like they did with Brawl, that was really memorable. Diddy was the first character I used in Brawl, because he was the character that was randomly selected for me. [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Gamestop is supposedly doing midnight release events based on how many pre-orders came in. It's vague as hell, but it might mean we'll get some unofficial tournaments. I really hope they do the same with the Wii U version as they did with Brawl.

nurematsu

Iowan Otter
I preordered at a gamestop in a mall, so I highly doubt there will be a midnight release there :p But I work past midnights on weekdays anyway, so I'm definitely going to be picking up my physical copy Friday morning.

Most looking forward to playing Little Mac, Rosalina, Pac Man, and Robin (female...ALWAYS female)

SkyboundTerror

Thrashing About
Turns out we are getting a national tournament. The rules were posted on the Facebook page earlier today... I won't be attending.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
I preordered at Amazon. I just hope I didn't order it too late so I can get it on launch day^^

Also, who here is not gonna get both versions of the game?

SirRob

A national tournament, huh? Awesome, I'm totally gonna enter and make my way to the top!

Just kidding, I'm probably gonna spend the night of looking at Fox fan art alone in my room.

nurematsu

Iowan Otter
Haha, kinda stinks that I won't be able to make it to a tournament. Got work to do :p But to answer the previous question, I most definitely will be buying both versions

SirRob

This game comes out next Friday.

I. AM. SO. HYPED.

If I wasn't forbidden to, I would totally post a stupidly long string of gifs.

Zahros

Cat Dragon Thing
I only have 2603, but I haven't been playing it a whole bunch, I don't want Link or any of them to get stale on me before the game comes out ~_~'

SirRob

I have about 7800 coins. I've just been playing in short sessions though. It could be a lot more.
Well hey, that's over 2000 more than I've got! The demo's fun for sure, but like, I've got Brawl. It's like the demo but with more stages and characters.

Mr. Sparta

Scale Face
I think I might have maxed it...

Right now I'm messing around with custom Project M builds. Deoxys skin for Lucario? I'm down.

Zahros

Cat Dragon Thing
I can agree with brawl modding, here's some reasons I probably still will sometimes, even with the new ones are out:
sNzMiHm.png
zynfqaY.png

RedLeFrench

Writer extraordinaire
Reviews are out !

My opinion on the game after 3 days of play : it is awesome ! My first impression when I first booted it up was basically "What am I gonna do !? There's TOO MUCH STUFF !" Games are everywhere and unfortunately, the menus are kind of a big mess. It becomes a treasure hunt, to the point there was a mode hidden within the trophy menu. Pure madness. Unfortunately, the online is a bit sucky. It isn't as bad as Brawl's, but there are a few hiccups from time to time, which is unfortunate.

SirRob

Better than Brawl's is a huge step forward, though. Was it bad when you were playing the 1 v 1 mode?

RedLeFrench

Writer extraordinaire
There were teensy issues, but it seems it doubled when a third player came along. Still, it is playable, and lags were few, short and far between.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

SirRob

I've made up my mind. I'm going to be hosting a Smash Bros tournament here, and I'm gonna advertise the heck out of it!! On my Furaffinity page.

Zahros

Cat Dragon Thing
I've made up my mind. I'm going to be hosting a Smash Bros tournament here, and I'm gonna advertise the heck out of it!! On my Furaffinity page.
Woot, and also, one of my friends that works in a Gamestop in Wyoming said they're having a midnight release, but the ones here, I haven't heard much about >.<, so I'll be trading in games and either keep paying, or just take my preorder money back and get eshop cards :l