• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Super Smash Bros.

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
I admit I was kinda disappointed when I got the game that I was unable to change the controls on the D-Pad.
Screw taunts, I would've set them to be smash attack buttons if I could!

Aerius Sygale

Half-Demon Wolf
Sound logic for money grubbers. :p Man, less than 6 weeks until Super Smash Bros. for Wii U now! I've decided I just can't wait a single hour longer than necessary, so I'm gonna get it digitally off the eShop as soon as it is that midnight to turn the day to November 21st~<3

Besides, by that far into November, to walk out to the 20 or so minute walk away Microplay, it may end up being in a snowstorm that day for all I know, or chilly at the very least.

So yeah, all the way around it sounds like a good trade off, getting the game for no hassle, and almost half a day sooner, but in turn not owning a physical copy, and having some of the console's memory taken up by the digitally downloaded version.

It will be my first full priced, full blown game digitally downloaded to it though, it is -the- exception, I should still have lots of space left. ^ω^

RedLeFrench

Writer extraordinaire
Sound logic for money grubbers. :p Man, less than 6 weeks until Super Smash Bros. for Wii U now! I've decided I just can't wait a single hour longer than necessary, so I'm gonna get it digitally off the eShop as soon as it is that midnight to turn the day to November 21st~<3

Erm yeah, though I'd wager the game is massive and takes at the very least 15Gb. Hope you have a decent connection, otherwise you can already count launch day out ♪

SirRob

Eesh, six weeks is really... close. I haven't even scratched the surface of the 3DS version.

Aerius Sygale

Half-Demon Wolf
Eesh, six weeks is really... close. I haven't even scratched the surface of the 3DS version.

Yep! Well, at this point I've probably completed Classic mode with about half of the roster, and I unlocked all the characters after about two hours of play. X3 Lv. 1 CPU, Damage Ratio 2.0, and 300% handicap on the CPU. Super fast matches on Battlefield. :p

Stratelier

I admit I was kinda disappointed when I got the game that I was unable to change the controls on the D-Pad.
Screw taunts, I would've set them to be smash attack buttons if I could!

I was a little disappoint that you are limited to a click-and-drag interface to only rearrange the existing controls (not like Brawl where you could customize them completely). Still, I've found a scheme that works for me, and it's much better than fixed presets like some games use....

Aerius Sygale

Half-Demon Wolf
I actually at a time was led to believe they would probably launch several months apart, but it went from Summer for the 3DS version and Winter for the Wii U to Fall for both versions, the Wii U one just over a month and a half after the 3DS one. Love it~

I almost feel bad for Japan, between them getting the 3DS version being three weeks earlier for them, and the Wii U version being about two and a half weeks later, the gap for them between the two versions is quite near three months. XD Never saw that one coming.

Aerius Sygale

Half-Demon Wolf
Are you masterful? I don't feel like getting my ass kicked again... ._. Darn cramped handheld. :p Counting down the weeks and days until the Wii U version comes out~

Aerius Sygale

Half-Demon Wolf
not really though i do play better against poeple the more i play them.
also my fc is 3840-6058-9268

I'll add ya regardless, would be boring if it were never challenging for me. :3 My friend code is 0344 - 9488 - 0748. I won't be available tonight now though, got stuff to do. Added though!

Eggdodger

Mourning Dove
> Beats me
> Says he sucks

Thanks

"I'm not even that good"

when modesty becomes an insult to all below you

when castes divide the peasants from the peasants with slightly more tattered rags

Black & Yellow

Banned
Banned
Hey, eversleep here. If anyone wants to play against me, my friend code is: 2680-9710-8079
My mains are Ness and Duck Hunt Dog.
Just a warning, I'm really terrible at it though. >.<

Stratelier

Just beat Classic mode with Shulk, Intensity 6.5. Completely my first time playing him, and I did not think I would make it (took a stupid fall early on in the Master/Crazy Hand match; but Shulk managed to pull through even at 200% damage).

Funniest part was against Metal Villager. I knocked him off island into the water -- and he sank like a rock.

Alastair Snowpaw

The Skull Paw
I just used a hammer on "Get a total of 5 hits in StreetSmash."
yea i did that also since i am not going to wait for street passes to play that.

also out of the three custom stats which do you guys think is best?
i think speed is best cause in smash run it gets you to more places faster which means better stuff sooner.
i think Defense is the worse cause it makes you super sluggish.

SirRob

Depends on what mode. Defense is OP against Master Core, so it's definitely the way to go in Classic.
Attack's probably the best in a regular Smash, since speed would probably mess with your precision. Just make sure you're not losing out on too much defense, 'cause I went max attack and was getting KO'd in literally one or two hits.

Aerius Sygale

Half-Demon Wolf
Guys, SkyboundTerror brought it to my attention, and this is indeed awesome: Equip an item that enables chance for critical hit, it gives you a 20% chance of one of your hits dealing insane damage, it is like tripled or quadrupled! @_@ Had a Blast Burn deal 187% damage with it. XD

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
after playing this game for a day or so i gotta say the biggest thing that is stressing me out is the circle pad response. definitely not used to it, fucking a lot of things up because i keep trying to do one thing but i'm not used to the circle pad and use the wrong smash. :/

i like the game a lot so far though. i'm still really nervous about playing with anyone, so i've just been training (despite getting friend codes left and right). tried out classic on 6 and it's not as bad as i thought it would be. robin is becoming my main much much more now. i just can't deal with how slow ike is anymore especially with my struggle with controls atop that.

haven't played very much yet, though. i tried smash run and was pretty awful at it but i think after a few tries i could get used to it
I just used a hammer on "Get a total of 5 hits in StreetSmash."

my life