• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Super Smash Bros.

Ieono

Uberaffe
On the other hand, I love big/fat characters. I imagine myself snuggling up with them after they crush all opposition.

SirRob

Why are furries so good at this game, you guys make For Glory seem like kindergarten
It's exciting and frustrating at the same time. I've forgotten what it was like to have 1 on 1 matches with actual people on a regular basis.

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
Why are furries so good at this game, you guys make For Glory seem like kindergarten
It's exciting and frustrating at the same time. I've forgotten what it was like to have 1 on 1 matches with actual people on a regular basis.
the past weekend in a nutshell

SkyboundTerror

Thrashing About

I haven't been able to put the game down. Too many people want to play!

Croconaw

#1 Most Requested Croconaw

It's just good Croc business to play videogames nonstop.

I gotto say, for Glory mode totally made me become rusty from how horrible the general populous is.

Zahros

Cat Dragon Thing
so, I need some help....I've been running into a lot of people doing this in for glory, but what's a good way to avoid getting hit when falling?, or when trying to recover, I've been trying to get my timing better, but I always seem off >->

Croconaw

so, I need some help....I've been running into a lot of people doing this in for glory, but what's a good way to avoid getting hit when falling?, or when trying to recover, I've been trying to get my timing better, but I always seem off >->

Saving your double jumps. A lot of people I know blow their double jump too early when trying to recover back on stage. Even I do it as a bad habit where I'll immediately double jump when I'm out in limbo. A double jump at the right time can definitely make for a safer trip back home. Heck, it can even lead to you making pretty sweet reversals on your opponent. That's just my Croc advice.

Zahros

Cat Dragon Thing
Saving your double jumps. A lot of people I know blow their double jump too early when trying to recover back on stage. Even I do it as a bad habit where I'll immediately double jump when I'm out in limbo. A double jump at the right time can definitely make for a safer trip back home. Heck, it can even lead to you making pretty sweet reversals on your opponent. That's just my Croc advice.
Alrighty, I'll defenitly try to do that more, I had more of a problem I know, but the other part of that is that sometimes will jump of as I do recover to do a down smash in the air x.x

Croconaw

Alrighty, I'll defenitly try to do that more, I had more of a problem I know, but the other part of that is that sometimes will jump of as I do recover to do a down smash in the air x.x

It all depends on what your character can do really.

It's knowing your character's kit and knowing how it can hurt the safest way possible in the air.

Unless you're little mac. Good fucking luck.

Zahros

Cat Dragon Thing
It all depends on what your character can do really.

It's knowing your character's kit and knowing how it can hurt the safest way possible in the air.

Unless you're little mac. Good fucking luck.
True, but yeah, I don't care much for Lil Mac XD, so if anything I'll just have to keep practicing with the ones I do use

Kayaba

I find using your dodges (block button) to work quite well against people, and sometimes just moving across the screen were they cant hit you while falling works well to.

Alastair Snowpaw

The Skull Paw
btw just a general tip to live longer, is whenever you get knocked back if you hold towards the stage you will live longer.
the reason for this is you shorten the time you're spent being knocked back.
it's much easier to do than DI in the past smash games, but also if you mess up and hold towards the way you're getting knocked back you will get knocked back farther and die earlyer.

Zahros

Cat Dragon Thing
thanks for all the tips you guys, I hope I can manage to do them xD, and so if we have another tournament at some point, I can be a more formidable foe :3 (though I think the Wii U version will be easier to control regardless :v)

Ieono

Uberaffe
Every time I see a Little Mac I rage. So damn overused..urgh!

Stratelier

Finally finished the roster:
Bowser Jr. (and the seven Koopalings as alternate colors) join the battle.

I could've had him in my first unlock attempt, too, except Bowser Bomb landed right in the space between arena platforms so off the stage I go. Peach did better than that.

Captain Falcon was officially my first character to die against Master Hand Core (but at least he made it to the final form). Luigi is my first to KO MHC without dying.

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
Ever get the feeling Nintendo insults the gamer's intelligence and skill?

I don't like how in Classic if you lose to Master Hand at one difficulty that they've decided to take the intensity level down the next time you try. You may have been only one hit away from winning and they still decide to treat you as though you need a stepstool to help you win. Mind you, I'm trying to beat Master Hand at difficulty levels greater than 7.0 because I feel that winning tougher games will make me a better player. I can understand losing gold or trophies but cheapening the accomplishment by making it easier doesn't help you get any stronger at the game, especially if you use Classic mode to brush up your skills before fighting other players. Those other players aren't going to pull any punches, so neither should the single-player game. The temporary frustration of failure on the first attempt only makes the eventual success feel better, but only if it doesn't get cheapened. And I don't think this is the first time Nintendo has taken it upon themselves to give the gamers "unwanted" help.

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
i'll just say the best practice for playing against other players is to play against other players.

True, but some of us like to think that the single-player experience is good for practice in playing against others and when we ask for a challenge, we want to win at the difficulty level we set for ourselves. No matter how much the programmers wanted to help out gamers, when you set the intensity level high, you ask for a challenge. And when the game is programmed to make things easier for you when you want them hard, it ruins the feeling of success when you finally do get it right. And even though you start out at pretty high levels of intensity, it is embarrassing to the player to think that Nintendo wants to give gamers who want things difficult a crutch to lean on. If I want the game to be easy, I would have asked for a handicap but I don't.

That being said, some characters are better at Classic than others, depending upon the strength of their moves, their ability to recover when knocked over the edge by Master Hand, and manueverability. Given Little Mac's bad recovery moves, I can understand why it would be difficult for him to beat Master Hand at a high intensity level (6.5 or greater). But again, we knew that coming in and I don't like when success is cheapened.

Matt Conner

For those of you having trouble with little mac: Stay in the air or near the edge of the stage. Little mac has a lousy recovery and his aerial attacks are garbage, but his ground game is probably the best of the whole roster IMO. Just jump around a lot or shield grab near the ledge and go for gimps.

Distorted

Is it me or is Duckhunt extremely campy? I fought one online and I could barely touch the guy let alone approach him.

Matt Conner

Is it me or is Duckhunt extremely campy? I fought one online and I could barely touch the guy let alone approach him.
Most characters are. I call it Brawl syndrome. The game mechanics frown upon aggressive play, especially if both opponents really know what they're doing.

Croconaw

Ever get the feeling Nintendo insults the gamer's intelligence and skill? .

Your posts in this forum section do a good enough job of that already, oh snaps!