• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Super Smash Bros.

Alastair Snowpaw

The Skull Paw
Most characters are. I call it Brawl syndrome. The game mechanics frown upon aggressive play, especially if both opponents really know what they're doing.
smash 4 is a lot less campy than brawl, mainly cause air defense is now garbage near the ground, landing with an air dodge is worse than landing with anything else in smash 4 and will get you to eat an easy punish. also the shield in smash 4 is much weaker than in brawl, you can't just camp by shield everything cause it's much more liable to break and get you super wrecked. playing smash 4 exactly like brawl has caused me to lose quite a few matches. also the game rewards agression against someone who's in the air trying to land since they're in a much weaker position. also going very far off stage is much more important now that edge hogging isn't a thing so you have to be very agressive off stage to top poeple from recovering as opposed to just waiting by the edge and edge hogging poeple to stop them from recovering.

also about Duck Hunt's projectiles lose to Wii Fit Trainer's projectiles

SirRob

Amazon leaked some of the features of the Wii U version of Smash Bros, including a stage editor and a board game mode. I hope we get some more information soon, because right now I don't really have much of an incentive to pick up the Wii U version-- the 3DS version is already fantastic.

Well, Duck Hunt presents itself to Fox, and Fox assumes the proper positioning...

Ieono

Uberaffe
My housemate is getting the Wii U version specifically because he constantly complains about the 3DS control stick. I don't have much problems with it, but I suppose I'd probably do a lot better with a gamecube controller. And I'm pretty sure the console version is going to be a lot more satisfying, because they can do a lot more with the platform.

Well...I hope they have...

Stratelier

Is it me or is Duckhunt extremely campy? I fought one online and I could barely touch the guy let alone approach him.

Dat side smash, yo. It's the reason I had to fight him 3 times to unlock.

Though Zelda's side smash (Din's Fire) is just as campy in the hands of a capable player....

Alastair Snowpaw

The Skull Paw
Dat side smash, yo. It's the reason I had to fight him 3 times to unlock.

Though Zelda's side smash (Din's Fire) is just as campy in the hands of a capable player....
except nto really cause she only has that one projectile which goes one way while duck hunt has the 3 ones he can use together to make it harder to approach.

also is it just me or do rewards when custom is on become weaker in classic than when they are off?

Croconaw

#1 Most Requested Croconaw
My duck hunt doesn't have much of a problem vs marios anymore. I got some new explosive techniques down. I've been fooking up people all day online. I think my only problems now are pits and zeldas. I'll work out a solution for them soonâ„¢, cause that's pretty high up on the Croc agenda.

Ieono

Uberaffe
I feel that every character has their own "cheap trick(s)" that you either spam or keep in your back pocket.

SirRob

also is it just me or do rewards when custom is on become weaker in classic than when they are off?
I haven't noticed any difference. I've been grinding Classic Mode at 9.0 for Mii hats, and I've had customs on-- There's usually a x3 or x4 Custom icon in the reel.
Classic Mode is extremely frustrating. Master Core isn't even a factor anymore, it's the 2 v 2 battles and metal battles that really screw me over. The stages and items are just so broken, I can't deal with them. In the 2 v 2 matches, the opponents have double the chance of grabbing a game-breaking item, and against a metal opponent, they usually stick around long enough to get their hands on a Smash Ball or something, getting a KO when they have like 200% more damage than you
The damage ratio also seems skewed, although it might just be the stages-- I can usually survive in For Glory at least to 100%, but in Classic I'm frequently getting KO'd as early as 50%

Last edited:

SkyboundTerror

Thrashing About
The CPUs on Classic have always had a handicap to simulate higher difficulty. They're not even set to Lvl. 9 - it's their beefed-up attack stats that make Classic so damned hard at times in Melee, Brawl, and this new Smash. Though I do have to say, Classic and All-Star mode are easier this time around. You have to worry about items (in Classic) more than the actual fighters, and your worst enemy in All-Star is yourself. Back in ye olden days, the fighters would fuck you up in as little as three moves.

SirRob

It's definitely easier, yeah. Good thing too, since now there's an incentive to repeatedly do it at the max difficulty.

Alastair Snowpaw

The Skull Paw
I haven't noticed any difference. I've been grinding Classic Mode at 9.0 for Mii hats, and I've had customs on-- There's usually a x3 or x4 Custom icon in the reel.
yea i just went on 6 difficulty with no customs and got a 4 reel on the first match, doing the same difficulty on customs the most i got was a 3 by the end of it. also i have gotten 5's on 7 difficulty with no customs but with customs i have yet to see one.

Stratelier

The CPUs on Classic have always had a handicap to simulate higher difficulty. They're not even set to Lvl. 9 - it's their beefed-up attack stats that make Classic so damned hard at times in Melee, Brawl, and this new Smash. Though I do have to say, Classic and All-Star mode are easier this time around. You have to worry about items (in Classic) more than the actual fighters, and your worst enemy in All-Star is yourself. Back in ye olden days, the fighters would fuck you up in as little as three moves.

And then there's the beast known as Cruel Smash ... those guys will combo-KO you at 0% damage. One attempt was over in literally 3 seconds because it basically went two jabs, smash, KO.

Alastair Snowpaw

The Skull Paw
so what's everyone's favorite custom move?

my personal favorite is wii fit trainer's "Volatile Breathing"
It's a pretty cool big offensive explosion. but it's also funny how they call it "A forbidden breathing technique" why a fitness instructer knows this is beyond me and it's halarious.

SirRob

Fox's barrel roll. Should have been a thing from the start.

I'd say Ganondorf's sword, but that just makes me wanna cry.

Jigglypuff's explosive wake-up attack is hilarious, too. GOOD MORNING! *Boom!*

SkyboundTerror

Thrashing About
Mr. Game and Watch's Chain Judge. While I do like the random effects of the standard side special, Chain Judge is so much more satisfying to land.

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
robin is fourth?

i feel a little cheap for using him

although i guess that tiers dictate the best character should all players be an equal skill level, but even so, tiering would suggest i shouldn't be losing so much. >_>

edit: although with alastair's comment in mind it may just not be of concern at this time

Last edited:

Alastair Snowpaw

The Skull Paw
don't feel cheap cause month old tier lists mean nothing and are always wrong. msot everyone will change spots in 6 months. like seriously there is no game where the month old tier list is completly accurate. everyone is much better off ignoring these tier lists since it will just hinder growth of certain characters.

i cannot overstate enough how bad for a metagame such early tierlists are.

Kayaba

I agree with number 1, its scary getting stuck between her and luma cause they just beat you up so badly

SirRob

I bet Rosalina's not that good, and people are just using her 'cause she's got the milf factor

Alastair Snowpaw

The Skull Paw
btw just for comparison there is only 12 characters from brawl that are in the same tier from the first tier list to the current tier list. and the only character who stayed in the same number was meta knight at number one for the reason of him obviously being a busted character.

so yea please don't take this first tier lsit serisously things are far from figured out.