• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Super Smash Bros.

Kayaba

Yea but right now its break time for me XD if you want we could play a few more tommorow and we could play with SkyboundTerror

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
Yeah, but if you're rolling all the time you become predictable and people will time their attacks to land between rolls.
i've found that the same applies with moves like the falcon kick although people are less prone to spam that like an idiot

lv. 9 captain falcon's on the other hand...

Kayaba

Yea the falcon kick has that 1 second of you cant do anything no matter what you try thing, but have you ever falcon kicked a wall you do this cool little flip thing

Alastair Snowpaw

The Skull Paw
i've found that the same applies with moves like the falcon kick although people are less prone to spam that like an idiot

lv. 9 captain falcon's on the other hand...
well lots of poeple tend to fall into the habbit of overusing smashes / dash attacks, which can get shield grabbed easily and punished moderatly hard.

SirRob

Still no new hat. I have 8 hats to go, and I've spent a day and a half just grinding for hats with no progress made
My entire weekend has just been devoted to grinding hats and I've made no progress
If I put my life on hold and spent a solid week just grinding hats, I still would not have all the hats

Stratelier

Still no new hat. I have 8 hats to go, and I've spent a day and a half just grinding for hats with no progress made
My entire weekend has just been devoted to grinding hats and I've made no progress
If I put my life on hold and spent a solid week just grinding hats, I still would not have all the hats

I've been grinding special moves; Fox is still missing his Standard Special 2. Ganondorf just picked up Warlock Blade (Standard Special 2?) in which he actually puts that twilight sword of his to use (faster and more range but weaker than his Falclone Punch), and Lucario just picked up Glancing Blow (Down Special 2) which, instead of being a lame counter (i.e. doesn't scale in power to what he blocked) is a quick dodge+punch combo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kayaba

How do you grind for items, do you just play classic mode at high levels over and over or do you have to win them with the slot machines at the beginning of matches?

SirRob

Classic, Smash Run, Trophy Rush, and Target Blast (if you keep restarting until you see a custom) are good ways of getting customs. Classic on 9.0's the fastest, as long as you've got the reel down-- and yes, the reel decides all your prizes; the only default reward is gold. It's easier to get custom specials for particular characters if you use them to earn customs, although it's still frustrating since it's really repetitive. Not nearly as bad as getting hats though. I'll probably get all the customs twice by the time I get a new hat, I'm certain I'm already halfway there

Last edited:

Alastair Snowpaw

The Skull Paw
How do you grind for items, do you just play classic mode at high levels over and over or do you have to win them with the slot machines at the beginning of matches?
by going to classic and using this trick
[video=youtube;HKby5OKOE1U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKby5OKOE1U[/video]

Kayaba

Oh yea that thing, i've used that trick a lot recently but sadly I get more items for increasing stats than I do custom moves or hats

Croconaw

#1 Most Requested Croconaw
9 intensity is a piece of cake with Ike.

Also, I still don't use custom moves because I'm too croc for them.

SirRob

Please, don't tell me it's a piece of cake, not when you can get KO'd at under 50% with a counter, not when you can get KO'd at 20% in like half the stages

Also, still no new hats
I have done classic 128 times since I've got the game

Croconaw

#1 Most Requested Croconaw
Please, don't tell me it's a piece of cake, not when you can get KO'd at under 50% with a counter, not when you can get KO'd at 20% in like half the stages

Also, still no new hats
I have done classic 128 times since I've got the game

Side B. Have fun killing me shadow ike when my Side B makes you flip the fuck out.

Also I find that the last boss (whatever shadow splooge is called) is just a matter of patience. I should upload a video with my Croc cam.

SirRob

Welp, 130. I give up, I spent this entire weekend trying to get a single hat out of the eight I still have to get, and I failed
It takes longer than an entire weekend playing Smash (the solo modes, mind you) to get a single hat, and there are seven more after that
This weekend was like hell, it was like trying to be ironic. Like, oh, you like Smash huh? Well, I hope you like doing Classic over and over and over again with nothing to gain from it!
I just, I can't even fathom how this was a thing that is actually in the game
I have bred competitive Pokemon in Diamond, I have ground my way to level 170 in MapleStory, this tops both of them in tediousness by miles

Last edited:

Distorted

Perhaps you have to get it through some other means. I got the Zelda hat from playing her in match a couple of times.

SirRob

There are some hats you unlock through doing challenges-- the Zelda wig is one of them. The rest can only be obtained randomly among the huge batch of custom items. Unfortunately, there is no trick for this. Nothing can help you get them faster. Believe me, I have searched all over the internet to find any tricks I could use. There is nothing.

I do have a sneaking suspicion though that the Wii U version will help you unlock customs more easily. It is the only way I can rationalize this design choice.

Last edited:

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
Welp, 130. I give up, I spent this entire weekend trying to get a single hat out of the eight I still have to get, and I failed
It takes longer than an entire weekend playing Smash (the solo modes, mind you) to get a single hat, and there are seven more after that
This weekend was like hell, it was like trying to be ironic. Like, oh, you like Smash huh? Well, I hope you like doing Classic over and over and over again with nothing to gain from it!
I just, I can't even fathom how this was a thing that is actually in the game
I have bred competitive Pokemon in Diamond, I have ground my way to level 170 in MapleStory, this tops both of them in tediousness by miles
that is genuinely scary to be honest...i can understand a challenge but that is like being required to catch a shiny pokemon to win the game...