• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Super Smash Bros.

SirRob

Great, I lost to a, "Let's use your main just to show you I can beat you with them" player. What's worse, I lost because I screwed up my recovery. And of course the guy leaves immediately afterwards, because obviously I don't have a good Fox if he can play him better than I can. I'm not frustrated, but jeez, I shouldn't be letting something like that happen at this stage.

Alastair Snowpaw

The Skull Paw
Ive been making a few Videos of super smash brothers who you like to play as and would a tourment be a good idea ? i might do if people are interested here is some of my work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_umtcqaH8ko and this is the facebook group .https://www.facebook.com/groups/1413157628986485/

Nintendo network ID Hartles would be nice to pratice a bit more with people :)
I would love to play you if i had the wii u version but i'm stuck with the 3ds version. also enforce the same point as before; please do improve if you're going to make videos like that one. You roll way too much for it to be fun to watch. Also what you do with mario you could do with any other character, in that constant rolling and fishing for f-smashes and it's a very poor strategy that even decent players can see through and beat. It would also help to have a mic and do commentary in those videos and you can make up for your lack of skill with good commentary, ofcrouse you would need to be able to be good at doing commentary and be unique and funny.

and for onlinetournies unless it's a single day thing i don't like doing them cause that's too much stress over days and not fun.

DukeTheHusky

The Gamer Dog
I would join in if it was on 3DS. Speaking of which I'm hosting one on this page on admin on, on Facebook. It's mainly a pokemon page but we still do Smash from time to time. I'll give you a link if you guys are interested, it's 3DS only this time.

Oh and Hartles, more of us here have a 3DS than we do Wii U. And I think everyone who has a Wii U here also has 3DS.

Alastair Snowpaw

The Skull Paw
Ah, my busy streak is almost over! Soon I'll be able to have some more matches with you guys. Multiple school project due dates snuck up on me, so I haven't played much lately or posted here (as you hopefully noticed :)) but soon it will be done!

Anyway, has anybody actually played against Olimar on FG? My cousin played him when he came over on the weekend and proceeded to utterly destroy me with him. I've never actually faced a Smash 4 Olimar, so I have no idea what to expect or how to counter him, and all of his moves look exactly the same. Any tips for beating Olimars?
His camp game is slightly weaker cause the pikmin are weaker than in brawl, but his close range game is much better. also learn his moves, cause they're easy to tell appart when you actually learn to look and see it. also regardless of which smash attack he's doing it is punishble. Your best option for fighting olimar is using a character with really good shield pressure since olimar has weak out of shield options cause of his nerfed grab. For example shiek forward air to f-tilt is really hard for olimar to deal with.

Hartles

I would join in if it was on 3DS. Speaking of which I'm hosting one on this page on admin on, on Facebook. It's mainly a pokemon page but we still do Smash from time to time. I'll give you a link if you guys are interested, it's 3DS only this time.

Oh and Hartles, more of us here have a 3DS than we do Wii U. And I think everyone who has a Wii U here also has 3DS.

that would be great I have both so its okay I could run my own tourment but I have a few conventions to go to

Alastair Snowpaw

The Skull Paw
that would be great I have both so its okay I could run my own tourment but I have a few conventions to go to
what's your 3ds friend code? also have you run tourments before in some kind of dungoen or something?

edit: to post again mine is 3840-6058-9268

Last edited:

DukeTheHusky

The Gamer Dog
I sent you all a few replays. One of me somehow catching a Robin's book then killing them with it, had no idea the boom could kill nor did I realize I caught it until I threw it. Why don't Robins ever catch the book? That thing is death with ink all over it ._. And the second fight is CF vs RosaLuma. A friend of mine and I decided to have some training matches. We picked up these characters recently (He picked up Rosalina again, after giving up on her, once I bought him Smash when I got my N3DS). I'm actually the best in my school but these guys are not pushovers, this fight was intense, and it was just TRAINING, sooo I'm sending this replay to show off how good my friends are at Smash. :3

DukeTheHusky

The Gamer Dog
Ive been making a few Videos of super smash brothers who you like to play as and would a tourment be a good idea ? i might do if people are interested here is some of my work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_umtcqaH8ko and this is the facebook group .https://www.facebook.com/groups/1413157628986485/

Nintendo network ID Hartles would be nice to pratice a bit more with people :)

Just now got around to watching the video, and that is a painful amount of rolling and throwing out smash attacks. I couldn't even make it half way through the video because there was so much. So I'm guessing your definition of skill is basic FG style? I might nickname you K.K. Roller, K.K. Slider's cousin (Animal Crossing reference BTW). Enough sarcasm from me , you do need some training, badly, and we can help you with that possibly. :D

Alastair Snowpaw

The Skull Paw
I sent you all a few replays. One of me somehow catching a Robin's book then killing them with it, had no idea the boom could kill nor did I realize I caught it until I threw it. Why don't Robins ever catch the book?
cause they're bad robin players X3
i remeber seeing a good high level tourney player play robin and he would time his charges so that he would know when the book/sword would go and would grab it after.

Alastair Snowpaw

The Skull Paw
you know what i realized, little mac is the character with the highest skill barrier because of how easy it is to be destroyed by him and how easy it is to beat a shitty little mac.

DukeTheHusky

The Gamer Dog
I gotta say, part of me was really, really hoping for a short-hop neutral air. I don't even know if that's viable with Mario, but it would have nice.

It is very viable, especially with Mario having one of the fastest Nair's in the game. It even blocks out Villager's and his nair interrupts so many attacks and even destroys projectiles when sweetspotted (right when the move comes out). Yes that's right, Villager's nair can destroy projectiles, even when they are reflected more powerful ones :p and I just fall through Samus's charge shot at full charge if I sweetspot.

DukeTheHusky

The Gamer Dog
Very true. Although I feel a bit bad throwing them to death. I usually try for a vertical KO on Little Mac as a sort of self imposed challenge.

Duke: "Learning hurts u" is amazing. A couple minutes of your sexy Villager trashing Robin, then death by book. Knowledge is power(ful), indeed.

The best way to kill Mac for me is water bucket gimping, it works for me basically every time. But the difference between a good Mac and a bad Mac is how fast I get them off stage.

And the fact I didn't realize I caught the book made it even better. I don't even know how I got the book after watching the replay xD You need to watch "Jst Training? o_O" that one was really good too.

Last edited:

Alastair Snowpaw

The Skull Paw
i saw when you got the book, you got it while doing a d-air on them, also did you see either of my "little mac is OP" replays i sent?
one of those players was a legimitatlly really good little mac.

Also this is glorous and i'm pretty sure it applies to WFT,jiggly puff, and kirby.

[video=youtube;oDvk3PMTVH0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDvk3PMTVH0[/video]

though i think WFT gets hit by a couple of those things since her hurtbox is pretty long.

Last edited:

Alastair Snowpaw

The Skull Paw
Oh man, that is the best thing I've ever seen. I mean, there are some moves that would clearly hit him which nobody in the video uses, but that is still indeed glorious. I can confirm that some of that works with WFT as well, but you're right about her getting hit by more.
well it's more about just showing what moves can be avoided and just showing all that can be avoided.

SkyboundTerror

Thrashing About
"Undeserving win" is short. I really shouldn't have won that: his ZSS was way better than me.

Can't say I agree with you not deserving the win. That ZSS was going in way too hard and was reckless with that down special. Ganondorf is a very slow character so it's easy to look flashy when using a faster character. Besides, you had the better play that match - down air to up b then side b? Seriously, you won the match when you pulled that out of your sleeve!

DukeTheHusky

The Gamer Dog
i saw when you got the book, you got it while doing a d-air on them, also did you see either of my "little mac is OP" replays i sent?
one of those players was a legimitatlly really good little mac.

Also this is glorous and i'm pretty sure it applies to WFT,jiggly puff, and kirby.

[video=youtube;oDvk3PMTVH0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDvk3PMTVH0[/video]

though i think WFT gets hit by a couple of those things since her hurtbox is pretty long.

Mr.GW is one of my secondaries. So watch GimR do this made me so happy. XD And I learned some new troll tactics. :3 Also, would anyone like to fight me tonight?