• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Surfing furries?

Furminator

Hi everyone, long time lurker and first time poster here with an unusual question.

Ever since i saw this video:

I've dreamed of combining my two passions, surfing and fursuits. While the video was obviously a novelty gag, it touched me deep inside. Theres not much overlap between the two communities so I am unsure where to begin.

Are there any types of furry wear that are sufficiently waterproof to be worn comfortably and safely while swimming / surfing? What materials would you recommend? Obviously safety is a concern - a normal fursuit would quickly get waterlogged and probably cause rapid drowning.

Dms welcome!

VX666

The Foxy Goddess
Most fursuits aren't waterproof.

Most eyes are painted with acrylic, water based, the paint will come right off.

Weight of a wet furred suit would drag the performer down as well.

Paulosaurus

Lord of Rawr
I've actually had an idea kicking around my head for a few years now of making a shark or orca fursuit out of wetsuit material with swim flippers as part of the feet, room in the head for goggles, and maybe an integrated snorkel. Never really left the concept stage though.

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
I had a brief forray into boogie/body boards back in the day. They were fun >u<

Although, I am not a very strong swimmer, so I'm sticking to the shore.

Faexie

Rara for short :)
I think you would need a skin thight suit with short fur and a resin head, with no padding on the body (unless it's made of non absorbant materials like silicone).

Skintight suits cost a fortune though because 4 way stretch fur is really pricey

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
This would be a great idea for a suit made from neoprene, latex or stretch PVC: something that is able to take getting wet, and has good flexibility, and looks nice wet. I'm surprised I haven't run across more of this, will have to poke about for some images.

Would be good for dino/dragon/shark fursonas.

Here's a nice Yoshi suit; I wonder if he goes surfing? I'll have to suggest it :p

EXv1Q4tXYAErYHN

EXvz0-DX0AAyvS-

...perfect outfit for it.

An otter would also be a good candidate for surfing.

Last edited:

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat

I use a fixative on the eyes to knock down the shine on the inside and gloss on the outside. It shouldn't flake off. I also have a friend who has taken a fursuit into a swimming pool with no problem. The suit is actually rather buoyant. I'll have to look that video up. It was Jugular Jaguar *aka Calamity Cougar in another fursuit*.

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat

VX666

The Foxy Goddess
Yeah, it's possible, but you need to make sure it has all the right materials, most makers from what I have come across just use acrylic paints.

Filter

ɹǝʇlᴉℲ
Hi everyone, long time lurker and first time poster here with an unusual question.

Ever since i saw this video:

I've dreamed of combining my two passions, surfing and fursuits. While the video was obviously a novelty gag, it touched me deep inside. Theres not much overlap between the two communities so I am unsure where to begin.

Are there any types of furry wear that are sufficiently waterproof to be worn comfortably and safely while swimming / surfing? What materials would you recommend? Obviously safety is a concern - a normal fursuit would quickly get waterlogged and probably cause rapid drowning.

Dms welcome!

ROFL!

That video made my day. Thank you, Internet.