• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Syrian refugees love Canadian Furries

ALilShark

I'm glad to hear these kids possibly got a great and happy memory during such a crazy and scary time for them and their families. Excellent job everyone and Vancoufur!

Yuukari

FA: United Co-Con Chair
This makes me so so so SO happy. This is what I love most about conventions and the whole experience in general <3 This warms my heart<333

Tbh, they probably don't know about furries, so they obviously wouldn't know about the adult aspects of the fandom. I wonder what will happen when they find out... If they find out.

I love this, though. This is some pretty damn good PR.

I'm glad the kids and the adults get a reason to forget their plight for at least for a little bit.

Milo & Destiny

Ha. I have a great friend of Mine who is muslim and she loves furries just as much as I do. I love Islam, very lovely video. <3

BackwardsDrifter

Oops. I just posted a thread about the same thing. I should've had a quick look to see if it was posted first. Don't worry I'll delete it.
THIS though is why I love the Furry Fandom. Everyone is just so welcoming, kind and accepting.

EDIT: This is the small thing I found about it:
http://cheezburger.com/750853/a-fur...en-syrian-refugees-ended-up-at-the-same-hotel

Does anyone know how to delete a thread BTW? I can't seem to find anywhere where I can delete the thread I posted.

Last edited:

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
I also recently learned that some furries helped keep con-goers warm during an evacuation at Katsucon, right after hearing this wonderful story. So, this week has made me proud of the fandom. Good job, fandom.

Though, if there ever were a time to Avoid the Comments, this would be it. Even without any cues from me, you can all probably imagine the kinds of trolls and bigots that have crawled out of the woodwork to comment on this story, and whatever you're picturing, you're probably right.

Zaedrin

Tbh, they probably don't know about furries, so they obviously wouldn't know about the adult aspects of the fandom. I wonder what will happen when they find out... If they find out.

I love this, though. This is some pretty damn good PR.

I'm glad the kids and the adults get a reason to forget their plight for at least for a little bit.

They'll quickly learn it's just one aspect of the whole thing. First impressions are important and they made a good one.